News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earthtonesaudio

I just right click and select "view image" and it makes a new page with just the image, easy to view.
(Firefox)

StephenGiles

Free Electron - a very nice sounding phaser, I'd love to hear a sample of a slow phase if you get a moment.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

cathexis

I cannot figure out how to link pictures from my gallery to forum posts - could anyone teach me?

Anyhow, I put some new pics in my gallery at:

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/cathexis/

Check out the bakelite wheatstone bridge I found at the thrift store yesterday - it's a beauty! It's under "tools".

LARS

free electron

Quote from: Auke Haarsma on October 11, 2008, 02:03:38 PM
Do you have a project-thread somewhere explaining the new LFO and Taptempo? I'd be very interested.
Unfortunately not. It is a digital design, DDS generator with lookup tables, some use of timers to do the tap tempo calculations, and PWM as an ADC converter. 
Quote from: StephenGiles on October 12, 2008, 05:43:21 AM
Free Electron - a very nice sounding phaser, I'd love to hear a sample of a slow phase if you get a moment.
Thanks!
Here are two more sound samples
Envelope mode sample
Sweep mode slow sample
I have used the first (hypertriangular) waveform.

Gila_Crisis

Quotekurtlives: i built a zendrive too, i used a burrbrown opa 2134 and the clipping with 2n7000 and 1n34, it sounds awesome, it`s really a wonderfull overdrive, lots of good sounds and better then my old fulltone fulldrive clone!
Sounds like we built ours the same way.
Still playing around with it seeing all the sounds I can get. Any favs from you? What guitars do you use?

i play a strat and a custom guitar (a strat-like with humbuckers ). i used torchy vero layout (which i think is the same as yours). as input cap i used a 220nF instead of the 470nF.
as far as setting i use it with drive, tone and voice at about 10-11 o'clock, and volume is at 3 o'clock to match the clean volume.

FlyingZ

Road board vs home board!

Road:

Home

Road wins..... This time :icon_twisted:

gutsofgold

So your road board is all commercial stuff... why? I find most DIY stuff (digital excluded) beats all that guitar center junk.

MKULTRA

Quote from: danielzink on October 11, 2008, 02:37:23 AM
StuckWah

It's 2:30am......I'll test this thing out tomorrow...I gotta sleep - but I still had to post it   :icon_twisted:

Dan

Very, very cool indeed. Great look and fantastic idea.
Do you have a schematic you worked off of for this ?

FlyingZ

Quote from: gutsofgold on October 12, 2008, 06:48:38 PM
So your road board is all commercial stuff... why? I find most DIY stuff (digital excluded) beats all that guitar center junk.
My road amp is a red knob and although stomp distortion can be very very fun it really can't compare to tubes. Used as boost they all sounded good but not TS good.

BTW the DD5, TS9, and MXR are in the Zloop to avoid massive tone sucking. The diy's are of coarse all TB

cheeb

What is that can in the middle of your road board?

liddokun

Looks like one of those string cleaner products....might be wrong though. 
To those about to rock, we salute you.

FlyingZ

Quote from: cheeb on October 12, 2008, 09:32:17 PM
What is that can in the middle of your road board?
It was string cleaner but it now holds picks

RedHouse

Quote from: John Lyons on October 09, 2008, 12:11:13 AM

This is what I was thinking Alex.

This one is Ash and roofing tar but you could get a similar aesthetic
with plywood and douglas fir (2x4) like you have there.

Get a propane torch and move it slowly around until it burns.
Keep moving it around and you can sand it back smooth which will lighten it a bit.
Get any darker stain to darken the grain a bit. Might take a few coats to get it to look dark enough.
Just an idea...

john

Damn, you make good looking boxes John!

John Lyons

Thanks Brad, I like that one as well.
It reminds of those firebrand gibsons where they branded the gibson logo i
nto the headstock and they had natural walnut colored finishes.

I have another one that's very similar gathering dust in the shop.
Gotta get something in there one of these days...

john
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

John Lyons

Quote from: cathexis on October 12, 2008, 06:56:55 AM
I cannot figure out how to link pictures from my gallery to forum posts - could anyone teach me?
LARS

Lars

Just click on the Insert Image button just above the emoticons second from left (picture frame).
The type/copy the link to your picture in between the img tags.
Cool "Cap Man"

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

cathexis

Thank you John! What I couldnt figure out was how to get the link, but I found it under the right click menu, under properties.

Now, here's my thrift store find, posted just for aesthethic titillation:

A Wheatstone bridge.

danielzink

Quote from: MKULTRA on October 12, 2008, 07:35:22 PM
Quote from: danielzink on October 11, 2008, 02:37:23 AM
StuckWah

It's 2:30am......I'll test this thing out tomorrow...I gotta sleep - but I still had to post it   :icon_twisted:

Dan

Very, very cool indeed. Great look and fantastic idea.
Do you have a schematic you worked off of for this ?

I just downloaded the GGG mod-able wah project and PCB - etched the PCB myself - and just built it in a box rather than a wah shell. I had a 100K Hot Potz pot hanging around from an old wah that I had modded - and the 1 pole 6 position rotary switch is an old Dan Torres wah kit that I bought back in the mid 90's or so and had been banging around in my parts bin forever and I had to get rid of it - and I can't bear to throw anything away........

Dan

petemoore

Now, here's my thrift store find, posted just for aesthethic titillation:
Cathexis
  I could have used one of those when building a passive Xover.
  I would try using it to compare cable capacitences.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Valoosj

Todays work: drilling a huge enclosure and making a test enclosure for easy pedal testing.

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Zben3129

Quote from: Valoosj on October 13, 2008, 06:31:32 PM
Todays work: drilling a huge enclosure and making a test enclosure for easy pedal testing.

Yes, huge  ;D

What is it for?