SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frequencycentral

Quote from: Franky on October 30, 2008, 06:45:40 PM
?? Where are the submini tubes??  :icon_lol: :icon_wink:

I have recently discovered a new semiconductor type, they are called 'germanium transistors'. Much smaller than tubes. I think they will catch on.

The trannies are GT403B (thanks John!).
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

DougH

Quote from: Fuzzy-Train on October 29, 2008, 10:38:39 PM
Stained my board and added some trim and handles.

I also made myself a wood pick from a slab of walnut... not a pedal but still very DIY. I really like it and I'm gonna make more.

Hey, now that looks very cool... :icon_cool:  Nice job!
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

DougH

Quote from: liddokun on October 29, 2008, 06:08:21 PM
Quote from: DougH on October 29, 2008, 02:42:29 PM
Quote from: liddokun on October 28, 2008, 07:47:26 PM

Nice guts! :icon_cool:

Thanks! My wiring's gotten so much better now. I should post a pic of my first build...talk about plate of spaghetti and sloppiness.

Well, we all go through that... I built some stuff in high school that looked positively awful. I bent my own chassis out of this heavy steel - it was a mess...
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

foxfire

Quote from: frequencycentral on October 30, 2008, 06:48:45 PM

I have recently discovered a new semiconductor type, they are called 'germanium transistors'. Much smaller than tubes. I think they will catch on.

please tell me i mean us more about these "germanium transistors."
anyway it made me laugh.
rylan

Fuzzy-Train

Quote from: cheeb on October 29, 2008, 11:55:27 PM
That looks awesome. A huge improvement! It looks so classy and professional.

I want one.

Thanks! :icon_mrgreen:

If I make more picks (than I need) I will sell them... or probably just give them away. It's actually a lot easier to make than you'd think. This one took long, about 2hrs. But it was done with a crappy dremel tip and small files. If I get a good sander (or find my random orbital :icon_lol:) it would go much faster.

Quote from: salocin on October 30, 2008, 06:11:55 AM
Holy! Jealous.

Why thank you!  :icon_mrgreen:

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on October 30, 2008, 08:08:48 AM
That Hog armoire looks great Alex, but you gotta do something about that white drawer hardware.   :P

Thanks you!  :icon_mrgreen:

Yeah, I know. I was a little pissed when I got to home depot and all they had was white. I'll just pick up so black rails another time... no biggie ATM.

Quote from: DougH on October 30, 2008, 08:13:52 PM
Hey, now that looks very cool... :icon_cool:  Nice job!

Thanks!!! :icon_mrgreen:

I still need to make a lid.  :icon_biggrin:
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

cheeb

Quote from: frequencycentral on October 30, 2008, 06:48:45 PM

Haha did you buy that time machine we discussed a couple weeks ago?
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=71465.0

ACS

Have finished off the TS808 project that I posted here a few days ago -

So this is how it turned out:

(gutshot)

(LED border + graphics)

And I called it the...

(oh yeah, it sounds great too - don't want give this little sucker away, but I promised it to a friend...)

salocin

Quote from: ACS on October 31, 2008, 11:39:55 PM

That thing looks great! How'd you do the graphics?

I've just polished off the hotcake and superfuzz:

Few lessons to be learnt from my first swirl paint jobs. Pretty happy overall though

asfastasdark

That Superfuzz is the blitz! I can't imagine anything cooler than that. Though someone should do a chrome/black swirl somtime...  :D

Cursor

A very simple little no-knob fuzzbox for my bassist Red, whose birthday it is today :) I don't think he'll happen across it on the forum before I give it to him! It's built into a Dax Wax tin, which was easy to tool and surprisingly sturdy. The circuit's just a hifi-salvaged mystery Ge diode clipping a 2N5088 - quite Bazz Fuss-ish. Set just above unity gain to remove need for vol knob, and no tone stack as his bass amp has pretty good shaping. True bypass, power switching on input.

Renegadrian

I built a lot of circuits but not all of them made their way into a Eddystone (Hammond)
Some of them are just wired with flying wires...Then I found a very cheap enclosure to accomodate them, a candy tin at the discount store. with only 1€ you make grandma happy with candies and get a free enclosure, not that beautiful but good enough to let my friends try my builds...
This is my Fetzer

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

ACS

Quote from: salocin on November 01, 2008, 01:17:58 AM
Quote from: ACS on October 31, 2008, 11:39:55 PM

That thing looks great! How'd you do the graphics?

Thanks man!  Graphics are printed on to Avery labels with our Phaser printer at work (like a colour laser on steroids), then stuck on to the box and clear coated.  The label is one piece for all 5 sides - mocked it up with drill hole templates in CAD then imported in to Photoshop and layered the graphics in.  First time doing something like this, so very pleased with how it turned out.

Aidan

flo

Great graphics and sounds "easy" to do with these printer labels.
Do you perhaps have a link to a "drill hole template" for a Hammond A, B, BB?
The clear coat spray you use does not affect the printed ink?

arma61

Quote from: ACS on November 01, 2008, 09:06:40 AM
The label is one piece for all 5 sides
Aidan

Aidan, great job with labels. just one question how do you bend the label at the corners and let stick to them ? are the edges  un-covered (so the box is painted) ?

thx
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

ilponiz

hi mate,

great job...the three pedals packed together should sound cool!
i'd like to do something like that with a red llama a booster and a homemade fuzz, can you tell me how you wired them together?

thanks in advance

poniz

cloudscapes

Quote from: deaconque on October 28, 2008, 08:41:22 PM
Quote from: cloudscapes on October 28, 2008, 08:09:56 PM
a small mixer

That's a beautiful finish.  what kind of paint/process is it?

hey thanks! I'm using only acrylic paints and varnish.

1. painted three coats of that fancy "metallic" acrylic paint, sort of copper color. waited for it to dry.

2. then painted a few swirlies and shaped in black acrylic. waited for it to dry.

3. used a toothbrush to spray a bit of extra black and yellow paints in places. I sprayed a bit more black along edges and corners than the rest. waited for it to dry.

4. then I sprayed some of that same copper metallic paint on top of it all, thogu ha little less along edges and corners. let it dry.

5. pritned lazertran decals (the lines, words and numbers) and applied that on top of a quick acrulic varnish coat (still wet). let it harden 2 hours.

6. applied several coats of acrylic varnish with paintbrush. finished :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Nikolay

Gila_Crisis

my last build, the "Zero Filter Box", one box within a slow gear and a dod fx25, built on the projects found on Zero the hero website http://topopiccione.atspace.com/ (and that's why the name ;-)

ACS

Quote from: arma61 on November 01, 2008, 10:33:56 AM
Quote from: ACS on November 01, 2008, 09:06:40 AM
The label is one piece for all 5 sides
Aidan

Aidan, great job with labels. just one question how do you bend the label at the corners and let stick to them ? are the edges  un-covered (so the box is painted) ?

edit - by the way, am happy to upload the .dwg file if anyone is interested?

thx
Armando

Yes, exactly - box is painted black before hand.  I took a small 'bite' out of the corner with a hole punch (where your top arrow is) before applying the sticker to give it extra clearance for the pointed corner.

Here's the PDF of the model before graphics were applied.  You can see that I already radiused the internal corners, but it wasn't sufficient, thus the bite with the hole punch.  The sides on my box are flared outwards to the base, thus the wedge-shaped side panels...

kurtlives

I likie!

Where do you get those knobs?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com