SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gila_Crisis

ACS

Quote from: flo on November 01, 2008, 09:28:53 AM
Great graphics and sounds "easy" to do with these printer labels.
Do you perhaps have a link to a "drill hole template" for a Hammond A, B, BB?
The clear coat spray you use does not affect the printed ink?

Yes, very easy!  The printer is a Xerox Phaser - these use Solid Ink rather than the usual toner system.  But I wouldn't think that a standard colour laser print would be affected.  An inkjet might, but even then, if you did 6-8 'flash' coats first with the clearcoat, you should be fine.  I still did flash coats with mine as well - the white parts of the print (ie no ink there) soaked up the clear and went a little translucent if I wasn't careful.

My box is from Alronics, one of our local suppliers here in Aus.  It compares to a Hammond B I think, but not sure how closely.

flo

Quote from: ACS on November 01, 2008, 06:28:21 PM
Here's the PDF of the model before graphics were applied.  You can see that I already radiused the internal corners, but it wasn't sufficient, thus the bite with the hole punch.  The sides on my box are flared outwards to the base, thus the wedge-shaped side panels...
Thanks for the template!

regroth

Hi guys!
This is my first post here, and here's a couple of pictures of my first project:

It's an Orange Squeezer kit from GGG, it sounds great although it's quite noisy.

fuzzo

arma61

Quote from: ACS on November 01, 2008, 06:28:21 PM
Quote from: arma61 on November 01, 2008, 10:33:56 AM
Quote from: ACS on November 01, 2008, 09:06:40 AM
The label is one piece for all 5 sides
Aidan

Aidan, great job with labels. just one question how do you bend the label at the corners and let stick to them ? are the edges  un-covered (so the box is painted) ?

edit - by the way, am happy to upload the .dwg file if anyone is interested?

thx
Armando

Yes, exactly - box is painted black before hand.  I took a small 'bite' out of the corner with a hole punch (where your top arrow is) before applying the sticker to give it extra clearance for the pointed corner.

Here's the PDF of the model before graphics were applied.  You can see that I already radiused the internal corners, but it wasn't sufficient, thus the bite with the hole punch.  The sides on my box are flared outwards to the base, thus the wedge-shaped side panels...

thx m8

another good idea for my Vibe' s enclosure, I wanna make it "fabulous"  :icon_razz:

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Evad Nomenclature

Just finished this box.
Just need to do the offboard wiring.
Definitely the first box I am pretty proud of from a cosmetic standpoint.
Now If I could just get a little better with the decals and get rid of a couple of the tiny pesky air bubbles on the corners!

Evad Nomenclature III
Master of Dolphin Technologies

cloudscapes

just a little feedback looper
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

cheezit

My first swirl!!!  I'm pretty proud of it.  While it isn't hard to do the basic technique, it is tricky to get the paint to behave just right. This is the second attempt on this box---learned a bunch from the failure of the first.  This is a swirl in tribute to dragonfly, since this is going to be housing a variation on the Andy's Simple Fuzztone circuit.

If you squint your eyes and look close for a while, you might see all kinds of stuff: ghost faces, dragon heads, flying birds, the profile of our next president, your mother-in-law, last night's enchilada...

railhead

Here's a shot of one of my tap-tempo pedals in metallic blue with dots:

Zedmin_fx

Quote from: railhead on November 03, 2008, 04:25:02 PM
Here's a shot of one of my tap-tempo pedals in metallic blue with dots:

wow thats frakin sweet man, I really like it I am painting a box right now that looks similar to what you did.

DWBH

The switch on that Tap Tempo box is sweeeet.

railhead

Thanks for the kind word. :)

ezanker

Here are a couple of pics of a Dr Boogey I completed at the beginning of the year.  I purchased the PCB from John Lyons and would highly recommend his work to anyone wanting to buy ready to use PCBs not offered at the usual DIY sites.  The Boogey fired up first time with no debugging, and it sounds great.  Thanks John!

Erik

deaconque

Quote from: ezanker on November 04, 2008, 10:26:08 AM
Here are a couple of pics of a Dr Boogey I completed at the beginning of the year.  I purchased the PCB from John Lyons and would highly recommend his work to anyone wanting to buy ready to use PCBs not offered at the usual DIY sites.  The Boogey fired up first time with no debugging, and it sounds great.  Thanks John!

Erik

Any insight into the finishing process on this one?

bancika

Quote from: ezanker on November 04, 2008, 10:26:08 AM

Erik

Looks amazing! But when I think back, all of your stompboxes did... :)
I bought a PCB from John, but can't even imagine having time to make it any time soon :(
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

ezanker

Thanks for the kind comments!

Quote from: deaconque on November 04, 2008, 05:57:36 PM
Any insight into the finishing process on this one?

I simply bought a a box that was already painted black.  I then made the top design in Photoshop and used dark T-Shirt transfer to iron it on to the top.  Finally, I sprayed 4 coats of clear acrylic.  Ironing on top of a painted box is a little dodgy as the heat tends to destroy the paint.  So if anyone tries this, I would say use the least heat possible or try adhesive paper instead.  Still I'm pretty happy with the results.
Erik

Gila_Crisis

so here's my last build, the Electro Harmonix Clone Theory chorus:

sounds really good, but i'm getting a terribel hiss in bypass from the charge pump  :icon_cry: any ideas how to solve this?

btw the whole project is here: http://topopiccione.atspace.com/PJ12EHCloneTheory.html

Valoosj

Neovibe with GEbuffer. Worked like a charm without debugging.

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Joe Stone