News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elshiftos

Nordine:
Is that waterslide and laquer? If so, how did you get the nice matt finish?

robizz

Hi! this is my custom-mutant-valvecaster! i hope you like it!
Sorry for my very bad english but i'm italian! (and i think you've understood that!)

Renegadrian

not bad...I like its distressed look and the cuts upon the tube...nice job!!! :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

robizz

grazie Adriano!

il 7812 anti-hisss l'ho visto sulla tua pagina  ;)
Sorry for my very bad english but i'm italian! (and i think you've understood that!)

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

nordine

i'm glad you guys dig the DSOTM P45, its my fave pedal  :D

Quote from: elshiftos on November 11, 2008, 12:25:48 PM
Nordine:

well, the best advice for perfect matte finish: no finish at all  :icon_mrgreen:

its just common paper+laserjet on bare aluminium (its not even sanded),
originally it was going to be painted (acrylic) on a pitch black surface, but i wanted it quickly, so thats why its how it is

Zben3129

Quote from: nordine on November 11, 2008, 07:21:02 PM
i'm glad you guys dig the DSOTM P45, its my fave pedal  :D

Quote from: elshiftos on November 11, 2008, 12:25:48 PM
Nordine:

well, the best advice for perfect matte finish: no finish at all  :icon_mrgreen:

its just common paper+laserjet on bare aluminium (its not even sanded),
originally it was going to be painted (acrylic) on a pitch black surface, but i wanted it quickly, so thats why its how it is

What did you do, just glue it down and clearcoat?

cloudscapes

petri-boost

mini clean boost with some options. knob at top-left adds some grit! not really overdrive or distortion, more like starving battery or broken flapping sputtering speaker! top-right is an EQ. turn it full-right for low-cut or full-left for high-cut. middle is volume. paint is acrylics coated with clear epoxy resin. circuit is based off of Duende JFET booster with some tweaks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

davent

Quote from: cloudscapes on November 11, 2008, 09:24:06 PM

petri-boost

mini clean boost with some options. knob at top-left adds some grit! not really overdrive or distortion, more like starving battery or broken flapping sputtering speaker! top-right is an EQ. turn it full-right for low-cut or full-left for high-cut. middle is volume. paint is acrylics coated with clear epoxy resin. circuit is based off of Duende JFET booster with some tweaks.

That is very cool!!!  Has a spotted plaid look to it. Now how 'bout the knobs, have you glued something on top or is that more paint and epoxy resin?

Very nice job!

dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

nordine

Quote from: Zben3129 on November 11, 2008, 09:09:59 PM

no clearcoat, just glued the paper and thats it ...i treat it with extra care  :icon_razz:

Quote from: cloudscapes on November 11, 2008, 09:24:06 PM

thought some words on describing that stompbox and came with this:

charming! heh

one fine charming little box, i'd buy that, without thinking... just to look at it at morning (i think that cookie has a lot to do with it)

Zben3129

Quote from: nordine on November 11, 2008, 11:04:35 PM
Quote from: Zben3129 on November 11, 2008, 09:09:59 PM

no clearcoat, just glued the paper and thats it ...i treat it with extra care  :icon_razz:

Need a little sign next to it that reads : WARNING: NOT FOR STEPPING ON. ACTUALLY, JUST DONT TOUCH IT AT ALL  ;D

One more question, what glue did you use?

Zach

cloudscapes

Quote from: davent on November 11, 2008, 10:46:02 PM
That is very cool!!!  Has a spotted plaid look to it. Now how 'bout the knobs, have you glued something on top or is that more paint and epoxy resin?
Very nice job!
dave

thanks dave!
I bought a load of cheapo plastic knobs that I use. it's these, I paint the tops then drop a glob of epoxy on top, forming a kind of bubble. works pretty well I think!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

cloudscapes

Quote from: nordine on November 11, 2008, 11:04:35 PM
thought some words on describing that stompbox and came with this:

charming! heh

one fine charming little box, i'd buy that, without thinking... just to look at it at morning (i think that cookie has a lot to do with it)

success! the cookie worked!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

DougH

Quote from: nordine on November 10, 2008, 10:03:03 PM
my favorite recipe:

Phase45 with mods

just can't get enough of it

I love that!
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

solderman

Hi All
This is father and the son (and there cousin in the post above)
The father is an original 1974 (i have made the LED mod) and the son is a layout i have shrunken with the Tonepad version as a model.

Amazing what you can fit in to a 1950A box

I am now working on a shrunken Tonepad Rebote Delay 2.5 The PCB layout is ready with a OK footprint but there is a lot of high E-lyt caps I have to figure out a way to fit.

A ready made layout and also ready to build is a compressor of my own design (comming soon).

//Solderman

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

earthtonesaudio

Solderman, that is a cramming marvel!

I think Zachary Vex would be proud. 

As for the large value caps, have you tried tantalum?  The large value surface mount (but not too small) tantalums are easy to find on unwanted, discarded computers.

Valoosj

Quote from: solderman on November 12, 2008, 08:31:36 AM
Hi All
This is father and the son (and there cousin in the post above)
The father is an original 1974 (i have made the LED mod) and the son is a layout i have shrunken with the Tonepad version as a model.

Amazing what you can fit in to a 1950A box

I am now working on a shrunken Tonepad Rebote Delay 2.5 The PCB layout is ready with a OK footprint but there is a lot of high E-lyt caps I have to figure out a way to fit.

A ready made layout and also ready to build is a compressor of my own design (comming soon).

//Solderman

Very nice. Do you have the layout for this? I'll be making a phase 90 with 3 knobs in an A enclosure in a few months time.
Really looking forward to that compressor. Is it based on the orange squeezer?

As for the delay, do let me know when you get round to it. I have that one on my list of A enclosures as well.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

solderman

Hi
The compressor is an all transistor based  mix from different designs. I have test it for bugs and some tweekings to do be for I can relay on the result.

The mini PH45 layout in DIY layout creator format.

http://solderman.fatabur.se/Future%20project/Mini Phaser 45.diy

//Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Sody54

The Roadhog Fuzz....My take on Andy's Simple Fuzztone.  Built with 2N2222, 2N3906, and a .02uf output cap.

I even took a gut shot of this one. 

The enclosure is of my brother's EHX knock-offs.

andrew_k

Quote from: solderman on November 12, 2008, 11:14:17 AM
The mini PH45 layout in DIY layout creator format.

http://solderman.fatabur.se/Future%20project/Mini Phaser 45.diy

Thank you for sharing that  :icon_biggrin:  Unfortunately I can't open it as I can't run the Windows version of DIY-LC. Could you please export a PCB traces image and a component layout image? I have a 1590A spare that I've been looking for something to squeeze in there and this would be ideal.