Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elshiftos

Quote from: Zben3129 on November 11, 2008, 11:17:39 PM
Quote from: nordine on November 11, 2008, 11:04:35 PM
Quote from: Zben3129 on November 11, 2008, 09:09:59 PM

What did you do, just glue it down and clearcoat?

no clearcoat, just glued the paper and thats it ...i treat it with extra care  :icon_razz:

Need a little sign next to it that reads : WARNING: NOT FOR STEPPING ON. ACTUALLY, JUST DONT TOUCH IT AT ALL  ;D

One more question, what glue did you use?

Zach

Awww c'mon nordine, you did such a fine job there, won't you let us into your secret of glue type and paper folding techniques? :)

Minion

Here"s the latest guitar head i just built....

It is Part Kit , part consumer gear and Part Totally DIY....

It is a PAIA Tube guitar preamp Kit that is heavilly modified (Has a Active DI, Speaker Simulations, filters, FX Loop ect), it also has a 15 band EQ with 3 Notch filters ect, and it has a 100W Mosfet power amp that I built along with the PSU and the Chassis is odviously DIY....

It sounds freaking awesom and it extremely loud ....

:icon_mrgreen:
Go to bed with itchy Bum , wake up with stinky finger !!

dano12

This is a Malekko E600 analog delay re-housed and thoroughly abused.

The delay pot is wired to a switch that either offers stock pot delay time, or adds it to whatever you plug into the banana jacks. In the pix there is a photoresistor acting as a real-time actuator/modifier of delay time.

The other mod is labeled Amp Destroyer. It effectively eliminates all resistance in the feedback loop so as to get very loud very fast.

I am wiring two flexible resistor strips to a glove right now to act as an alternate controller for both delay time and feedback.

And unlike the euro version, my hasn't broken down yet :)

Hopefully I'll have the nintendo-power-glove-type device working tomorrow and will do a viddy.

Also I hope you all notice and admire the amount of time I spent on determining the ideal layout for the stompswitches. :)

cloudscapes

you're a sick sick man, dano  :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

arawn

very sick, and that's why we love him!
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

cheeb

I want to be Dano when I grow up.

dano12

Quote from: cloudscapes on November 12, 2008, 07:38:54 PM
you're a sick sick man, dano  :)

Most people frown upon mental illness, or at a minimum, hope they never get it. In my case, it is one of my few assets.

:icon_wink:

8mileshigh

Sweet Kurt, one of my favorite all time albums....  I love it !

Quote from: kurtlives on November 08, 2008, 11:48:21 AM
Axis Face with added Sag and bias controls. I love this fuzz, so many options and so many tones.

Builts completed: Tweak-O, Fuzz Face Si and Ge, Rangemaster,Fuzzrite Si & Ge, Bazz Fuzz, L'il Devil Fuzz, Bosstone one knober, Bosstone Sustainer, Cream Pie, Kay Fuzztone. http://www.myspace.com/chrisdarlington

kurtlives

Thanks! One of my favorites too, had to pay it some respect.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

nordine

Quote from: elshiftos on November 12, 2008, 05:53:18 PM
Quote from: Zben3129 on November 11, 2008, 11:17:39 PM
Quote from: nordine on November 11, 2008, 11:04:35 PM
Quote from: Zben3129 on November 11, 2008, 09:09:59 PM

What did you do, just glue it down and clearcoat?

no clearcoat, just glued the paper and thats it ...i treat it with extra care  :icon_razz:

Need a little sign next to it that reads : WARNING: NOT FOR STEPPING ON. ACTUALLY, JUST DONT TOUCH IT AT ALL  ;D

One more question, what glue did you use?

Zach

Awww c'mon nordine, you did such a fine job there, won't you let us into your secret of glue type and paper folding techniques? :)

alright, ill do it just once  :icon_mrgreen::

+ = DSOTM P45 (heh well not quite, but close)

*btw: dano you're da man, its not just the sick works... its like he handles the damn things telepatically ...no micro scratches, no fingerprints, they're flawless!

davent

Quote from: dano12 on November 12, 2008, 07:17:33 PM
This is a Malekko E600 analog delay re-housed and thoroughly abused.

The delay pot is wired to a switch that either offers stock pot delay time, or adds it to whatever you plug into the banana jacks. In the pix there is a photoresistor acting as a real-time actuator/modifier of delay time.

The other mod is labeled Amp Destroyer. It effectively eliminates all resistance in the feedback loop so as to get very loud very fast.

I am wiring two flexible resistor strips to a glove right now to act as an alternate controller for both delay time and feedback.

And unlike the euro version, my hasn't broken down yet :)

Hopefully I'll have the nintendo-power-glove-type device working tomorrow and will do a viddy.

Also I hope you all notice and admire the amount of time I spent on determining the ideal layout for the stompswitches. :)

Looks great! I've always wondered about those polycarbanate enclosures, just how tough are they? How much abuse will they stand up to?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

solderman

Quote from: andrew_k on November 12, 2008, 05:21:12 PM
Quote from: solderman on November 12, 2008, 11:14:17 AM
The mini PH45 layout in DIY layout creator format.

http://solderman.fatabur.se/Future%20project/Mini Phaser 45.diy

Thank you for sharing that  :icon_biggrin:  Unfortunately I can't open it as I can't run the Windows version of DIY-LC. Could you please export a PCB traces image and a component layout image? I have a 1590A spare that I've been looking for something to squeeze in there and this would be ideal.

Here are the files.
I made the PCB transfer a PDF caus its the only way I have found to get the DIY creator to scale the PCB render correct except printing it on paperer.

http://solderman.fatabur.se/Future%20project/mini45pcb.pdf
http://solderman.fatabur.se/Future%20project/mini45.gif

//Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

andrew_k

Zben3129

Wow thats a great layout thanks!

Thats a pretty impressive jumper  ;)

Zach

DougH

Quote from: dano12 on November 12, 2008, 07:17:33 PM

Great photos! Do you use a light box? I'm considering getting one of those for future pics of my stuff.
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

dano12

Quote from: DougH on November 13, 2008, 07:22:32 AM
Great photos! Do you use a light box? I'm considering getting one of those for future pics of my stuff.

I bought one of those cheapo light boxes but it was quite small and a hassle to deal with. Until I get a bigger one, I've just been using 3 halogen lamps for a light source, a tripod (really required) and macro mode on the camera. hope that helps!

cheeb

Dano, does that label on the side say Radioactive III Malekko Penis?  :icon_eek:

dano12

Quote from: cheeb on November 12, 2008, 07:51:04 PM
I want to be Dano when I grow up.

Actually, the trick is to never grow up.

Quote from: cheeb on November 13, 2008, 01:08:17 PM
Dano, does that label on the side say Radioactive III Malekko Penis?  :icon_eek:

Of course it does. My tribute to my good buddy and genius builder, malekko. He and I share the same 5th grade humor level.

DougH

Quote from: dano12 on November 13, 2008, 07:33:47 AM
Quote from: DougH on November 13, 2008, 07:22:32 AM

I bought one of those cheapo light boxes but it was quite small and a hassle to deal with. Until I get a bigger one, I've just been using 3 halogen lamps for a light source, a tripod (really required) and macro mode on the camera. hope that helps!

Thanks! It looks awesome.
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

earthtonesaudio

Quote from: Minion on November 12, 2008, 07:16:24 PM
Here"s the latest guitar head i just built....

It is Part Kit , part consumer gear and Part Totally DIY....

It is a PAIA Tube guitar preamp Kit that is heavilly modified (Has a Active DI, Speaker Simulations, filters, FX Loop ect), it also has a 15 band EQ with 3 Notch filters ect, and it has a 100W Mosfet power amp that I built along with the PSU and the Chassis is odviously DIY....

It sounds freaking awesom and it extremely loud ....

:icon_mrgreen:

Very mean looking!
Got a schem for the MOSFET amp?