SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben N

Quote from: dano12 on November 13, 2008, 01:11:56 PM
Quote from: cheeb on November 13, 2008, 01:08:17 PM
Dano, does that label on the side say Radioactive III Malekko Penis?  :icon_eek:

Of course it does. My tribute to my good buddy and genius builder, malekko. He and I share the same 5th grade humor level.
So, radiation sickness is now an STD? What's next, lead-lined condoms?  :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER

elshiftos

Phaser that has been plain red for ages finally gets a bit of lettering, thanks to clear waterslide! :)
http://www.steveevans.org/pedals/

Barcode80

Quote from: solderman on November 13, 2008, 03:07:46 AM
Quote from: andrew_k on November 12, 2008, 05:21:12 PM
Quote from: solderman on November 12, 2008, 11:14:17 AM
The mini PH45 layout in DIY layout creator format.

http://solderman.fatabur.se/Future%20project/Mini Phaser 45.diy

Thank you for sharing that  :icon_biggrin:  Unfortunately I can't open it as I can't run the Windows version of DIY-LC. Could you please export a PCB traces image and a component layout image? I have a 1590A spare that I've been looking for something to squeeze in there and this would be ideal.

Here are the files.
I made the PCB transfer a PDF caus its the only way I have found to get the DIY creator to scale the PCB render correct except printing it on paperer.

http://solderman.fatabur.se/Future%20project/mini45pcb.pdf
http://solderman.fatabur.se/Future%20project/mini45.gif

//Solderman
all the track images from diy print perfectly if you use any graphics program with scaling ability (paint.net, irfanview, photshop) and scal the image to 200.25 dpi. FYI.

Boogdish

I sold this to a guy I know from another message board and he posted this photo in a "post year gear" thread.  It was cool to see a photo of something I did taken by someone else.

HeimBrent

Finally finished this thing. Managed to @#$% up the paintjob about ten times, so it doesn't look to good, but... It sounds good, so I'm happy. It's basicly a somewhat modded bootstrap-circuit from http://www.geocities.com/tpe123/folkurban/ with a Jack Orman/AMZ-ish BMP 2 pot-tonecontrol, again with some small changes and last, but not least, a Beavis-style DeVolt.

armstrom

Here's my latest build. It's a preamp/DI box based on the ruby but with a number of modifications. I'm not terribly happy with the way the decal turned out but it was kind of thrown together in a rush.

Minion

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on November 13, 2008, 02:36:08 PM
Quote from: Minion on November 12, 2008, 07:16:24 PM
Here"s the latest guitar head i just built....

It is Part Kit , part consumer gear and Part Totally DIY....

It is a PAIA Tube guitar preamp Kit that is heavilly modified (Has a Active DI, Speaker Simulations, filters, FX Loop ect), it also has a 15 band EQ with 3 Notch filters ect, and it has a 100W Mosfet power amp that I built along with the PSU and the Chassis is odviously DIY....

It sounds freaking awesom and it extremely loud ....

:icon_mrgreen:

Very mean looking!
Got a schem for the MOSFET amp?

It is actually a Mosfet Chip amp...It uses the TDA7293 DMOS Power amp IC, It can handle up to +/-50v and put out over 100W into 8 ohms (Can also drive 4 ohm loads at a Lower supply voltage) they can also be bridged and Paralelled for Higher power and lower ohm loads , You can also use one with a discrete output stage to get higher power output...The datasheet has PCB Layouts and schematics on how to use them....

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet2/9/0ozxelyhtgfl5jsx9108fj3sqq3y.pdf

Cheers
Go to bed with itchy Bum , wake up with stinky finger !!

asfastasdark

So the amp is just that very first schematic in the datasheet? That is epic. Sorry to bring 4chan into this, but I had to.

chromesphere

Hi all,

First attempt, its the beginner project, booster. 
Not the most exciting paintjob here, but i think it looks pretty clean and 'professional'.  What do you think?

CS

Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

earthtonesaudio

Quote from: Minion on November 14, 2008, 05:53:22 PM
It is actually a Mosfet Chip amp...It uses the TDA7293 DMOS Power amp IC, It can handle up to +/-50v and put out over 100W into 8 ohms (Can also drive 4 ohm loads at a Lower supply voltage) they can also be bridged and Paralelled for Higher power and lower ohm loads , You can also use one with a discrete output stage to get higher power output...The datasheet has PCB Layouts and schematics on how to use them....
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet2/9/0ozxelyhtgfl5jsx9108fj3sqq3y.pdf
Cheers

Cool, thanks for the info!

mikemaddux

chromesphere....I think it looks great, a bit of modern professionalism and vintage look all in one!

you guys have the greatest looking pedals ever!  Wayyyyyyyyy better than any company made pedals (although zvex and moolton?sp?  has a great look)

Awesome pics....ill try to get mine up here (2 and a half builds under my belt) 

ill even post pics of my 9 point patchbay and LED controlled monophonic synth!!!
Completed Builds: A lot...

AM

My latest pedal. A cd4049 overdrive. Judge Dredd theme for the box exterior as usual...
"Britain's No1 comic hero lays down the law inside"
"Any questions?"  :icon_lol: I really liked that phrase coming from Dredd holding that machine gun! No, thanks Judge, I'm covered...

chromesphere

Hey thanks mike.

I used the LED mounting clips instead of those silver bezeled ones because their smaller, and i dont really like the look of the bezels.  I reckon i've repainted it about 10 times.  I've never really done much spraypainting so it was a steep learning curve.  Its pretty simple but i have to say, i'm very proud of it  :)

I won't show you photos of the inside though.  Thats another story.  Looks more like a bomb then a pedal lol

CS
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

Rawkgod

This has Inspired me to make own Pedals,  :icon_cool:
Quote from: bioroids
Lol I think the only thing the Coca Cola doesn't do well is to relieve thirst!

bumblebee

Quote from: chromesphere on November 14, 2008, 07:56:26 PM
Hi all,

First attempt, its the beginner project, booster. 
Not the most exciting paintjob here, but i think it looks pretty clean and 'professional'.  What do you think?

CS

put a bigger knob on it and loose the white plastic washer and it will look cooler. good build for a first timer dude!

kurtlives

Finished this tonight....Had no idea what to do with painting so I just drew some random shi t.

Anyways ROG Tonemender...

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

solderman

Hi
Yet another shrunken effect. This time it is a DOD 208 that has been washed at way to high temperature and shrunken to this size.

It's been modded a bit with a TL082 and some different resistor values for less noise and higher sustain and some mods to the resistor/cap and a trimpot and a different sustain pot for handling attack sensitivity to my liking. I used the Tonepad layout witch was small enough without changes. Lots of space left as you can see.

//Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

any

I know it's just a pcb, and I'm mainly showing off John Lyons' board making skills,
but at least I did the traces and layout...  8)

<shameless plug>These pcb's are for sale btw...see sig..</shameless plug>
It's supposed to sound that way.

Evad Nomenclature

Quote from: armstrom on November 14, 2008, 08:22:51 AM
Here's my latest build. It's a preamp/DI box based on the ruby but with a number of modifications. I'm not terribly happy with the way the decal turned out but it was kind of thrown together in a rush.

lol.
Awesome.
I had a Green Machine... I used to tear ass around the driveway in that badboy ^_^
Should be more like "for 3, 4 and 5 year olds", but whatever.
looks cool too.
Evad Nomenclature III
Master of Dolphin Technologies

HeimBrent

Quote from: mikemaddux on November 15, 2008, 01:29:21 AMAwesome pics....ill try to get mine up here (2 and a half builds under my belt) 

ill even post pics of my 9 point patchbay and LED controlled monophonic synth!!!

*waiting* :icon_wink: