News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomeeque

Quote from: Barcode80 on November 23, 2008, 01:03:44 PM
no need for that, not starting an argument or anything. i'm not a purist or anything, i love the pt2399 based and other "analog" delay pedals. bbd chips are digital, that's all i was saying. by definition not analog. GREAT sounding delays though.

BBD is 100% analog techology, no digits are involved ;). You are probably referring to BBD's conversion of continuous input signal to series of discrete samples, but it does not mean it's digital. More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucket_Brigade_Device.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

Renegadrian

Quote from: ilponiz on November 23, 2008, 01:04:14 PM
well done my italian fellow! it looks nice and i think it'll sound good too
and not to mention the "church fuzz" name...good choice
;)
complimenti

poniz from sunny southern sicily

Grazie my friend!!!

Quote from: arma61 on November 23, 2008, 01:26:07 PM
Great job Renegadrian, what if your friend's surname was Piazza (italian for "square"), you'll call it Piccadilly Fuzz, ah ah ah   :icon_razz:  I couldn't resit I had to type this!

Grazie Armando!!!Eheheh M'hai fatto ride (you made me laugh)

Quote from: solderman on November 23, 2008, 03:13:29 PM
Hi
Very nice work. A real gem. I really like the knob. Its the peach of the pie
\\Solderman

Grazie, I love those ABS knobs, they actually look like metal, don't they??? You can find them cheap thru eBay...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

sleepybrighteyez

Quote from: Renegadrian on November 23, 2008, 08:03:48 AM
A Buzz Fuss for a friend, it has been "christened" CHURCH FUZZ as my friend's surname is CHIESA (italian for "church")
BC108 and Millenium2. (thx to Auke for the suggestions)

Really love the finish on this pedal, and especially the knob. A great balance. Very professional.

Renegadrian

Thank you very much for your kind words... :icon_redface:

Nitefly182

Im really loving these pedalenclosures.com boxes but @#$% are they expensive :( This is a sovtek muff clone BTW.

Auke Haarsma

A Buzz Fuss for a friend, it has been "christened" CHURCH FUZZ as my friend's surname is CHIESA (italian for "church")

Just quoting it again because it looks so good. I really like the deep-red and, as said before, the knob. So, it's ABS? Does it 'feel' like that too? I like the 'heavy-ness' of chrome knobs.

dano12

Quote from: Nitefly182 on November 22, 2008, 06:26:46 PM
According to Guitar Fetish they contracted a cpmpany to build a BBD in an SMD package. After hearing the pedal, I believe it. It doesn't sound like all the filtered PT2399 delays do. It sounds like an analog delay. There is a difference but its hard to explain.

When I originally bought the analog delay mod board, it was really to see what was going on re: PT2399 or something else. There have been loads of questions about this, so I thought I'd post what I know. So these info nuggets may either help clear up or cloud the issue. :)

1. I contacted guitar fetish asking the question about analog and he responded that it was a custom ASIC done for him that was "analog BBD".
2. The delay itself sounds very analog, unlike ant PT2399 variation I have ever heard.
3. The board itself is all SMD, it has a standard SMD dual opamp on it and a larger SMD chip that is labeled "Artec" and then some "google not-found" part number.
4. Artec is a South Korean company that manufactures a pretty comprehensive line of music electronics, including a  line of pedals.
5. Their SE-ADL Analog Delay pedal page states that it uses a "Artec Custom Hybrid Chipset"
6. The Artec site further states "Analog time control ASIC chip (Not a BBD chip)"

Here's a pic of the chipset:

I don't know if the GuitarFetish modboard uses the same chip, but I would imagine that the similarities are so close as to point to the same part. I also don't know how Artec managed to make a delay chip that sounds a *lot* like BBD technology but says it is not a BBD chip.

So there, hope this makes things as clear as mud.

Renegadrian

Quote from: Auke Haarsma on November 24, 2008, 08:37:52 AM
Just quoting it again because it looks so good. I really like the deep-red and, as said before, the knob. So, it's ABS? Does it 'feel' like that too? I like the 'heavy-ness' of chrome knobs.

thx for the compliments and the help on the millenium. I really love that kind of paint, it's from a metallic sparkle can, less than 5€ - The knob look and "feel" like metal, and surely adds a touch of class to a stompbox (togheter with the chrome of the DPDT and the chrome LED bezel) - I did a quick search but the ebay seller (bezdez) I bought them from hasn't got any available ATM
A.

ilponiz

time to show some of the pedals i made   ;D

here's the Big Shave (a big muff clone with triangle era specs) which is my humble tribute to barbers!
(my father, who's now retired, had a barbershop for 40 years and i loved that place)

here's the sharakaura (two sicilian words that stand for "hot lava"). that's  a tribute to my land and its majestic volcano. etna is the europe's greatest active volcano and it was perfect to be used for an overdrive unit like this!

the sharakaura deluxe features a drive unit (as for the pedal above) plus a boost section. the "sciara" of a volcano gets cool in few years but can still be extremely hot under the surface for decades! i think it's again a good idea to represent the warm tones you can get out of a good overdrive unit!

finally, a 9v electric mistress replica i built for a friend. i'm still debugging it as i can't get a flanging sound out of it (btw, thanks markusw  :))
my friend wanted his pedal to feature his zodiac sign (a capricorn, obviously) and the colours of the italian flag (the three stars under the knobs) and that's the result:

hope you like'em!

poniz

robizz

Sorry for my very bad english but i'm italian! (and i think you've understood that!)

solderman

This I the Viper, a Thor in a 1590A box.
The finish is not one of my best. I wanted to speed up the clear coat drying so I put it in the oven at 100 C (212,00 F) for an hour. The white turned vintage yellow ant the water slide decal shrunk. I have don that with other colours without any problem. It seems like whit was special.
Anyway it's a ROG Thor with the bright switch always on and a switch for the bass. At low gain it's a perfect treble booster.
The crappy Sound sample is at 100% gain (first seconds clean) with a bit of chorus from a DIY small clone. I like the way Thor breathes and really exhales thunder.

http://solderman.fatabur.se/Future%20project/Viper.mp3

//Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

fuzzo

I know isn't a real DIY project but I love doing some mods in my pedals (all my pedal are modded :icon_lol:)  :

my big muff

switch to have two sonds : fu manchu (mid cut) or Gilmour's sound (mid boost)

and I've did a new circuit for my electro-harmonix Double Muff , it didn't work and I never know why. So I did a jordan bosstone whit a cap mod (in cap/out cap = 22n/100n), and It sounds very good!! (my fulltone ultimate octave is jealous now)

i know isn't the prettiest pedal here, but my feet don't care about paint ;D (maybe one day i'll paint them)

Renegadrian

Poniz, pedali bellissimi!!! Complimenti!!!
Solderman, aren't you tired of those 1590s? Great job man!!!

Valoosj

Good thinking there solderman.

Anyways, hooray for spinart!

EDIT: finished it already

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

earthtonesaudio

My Noisy Cricket.  Lots of recycled parts...

front:

back:

battery compartment:

Boogdish

I like the texture to that paint job valoosj.

arma61

Quote from: ilponiz on November 24, 2008, 11:00:18 AM
time to show some of the pedals i made   ;D

here's the Big Shave (a big muff clone with triangle era specs) which is my humble tribute to barbers!
(my father, who's now retired, had a barbershop for 40 years and i loved that place)

here's the sharakaura (two sicilian words that stand for "hot lava"). that's  a tribute to my land and its majestic volcano. etna is the europe's greatest active volcano and it was perfect to be used for an overdrive unit like this!

the sharakaura deluxe features a drive unit (as for the pedal above) plus a boost section. the "sciara" of a volcano gets cool in few years but can still be extremely hot under the surface for decades! i think it's again a good idea to represent the warm tones you can get out of a good overdrive unit!

finally, a 9v electric mistress replica i built for a friend. i'm still debugging it as i can't get a flanging sound out of it (btw, thanks markusw  :))
my friend wanted his pedal to feature his zodiac sign (a capricorn, obviously) and the colours of the italian flag (the three stars under the knobs) and that's the result:

hope you like'em!

poniz

complimenti davvero!!!

Ottima idea per il BM!

Ciao
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Boogdish

My slackfilter,

I still have quite a lot of tweaking to do.  It's working right now, but takes quite a bit of fine knob moving to get good sounds out of it.  I just wanted to box it up tonight so I could show my brother/step dad tomorrow when I go home for Thanksgiving.  Thanks a lot to Ian for helping me figure it out and for providing the project.

mikemaddux

NPN Silicon Fuzz Face with selectable diode clipping

Vox Treble Booster Mod

Completed the Tweak-o circuit tonight!  Ill start to box it up tomorrow....
Completed Builds: A lot...

Just1More

Here's some pics of a half watt amp I finished building a while back.  I was looking to build something for those late night sessions when everyone else has gone to bed.

It's basically a Beavis Audio Noisy Cricket with a headphone jack added.  I built it on the generic board suggested in the doco - not the nicest thing to work on, but it does the job.

And the gut shots...