News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theundeadelvis

Quote from: davent on December 03, 2008, 11:33:56 AM

That looks great Ahren, you wouldn't want to hide it under some old tweed! Anybody that can pull off half-blind dovetails has loads of woodworking skills!
How did you do your label/emblem and any problems stretching the cane grill?

Take care
dave
Thanks Dave! The nameplate is etched out of a copper blank just like a PCB. The cane is easy. You just soak it before you use it, and when it dries it shrinks taught.
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

John Lyons

Looks great! The badge is cool as well. Is that the jade green board material I sell?
I've used the same thing for badges on my pedals.
Nice asian/modern aesthetic with the handle. 

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

ilponiz

a quick update...
here's the inside (and the front as well) of my triangle big muff version: the big shave

hope you like it, mates!
;)

poniz

theundeadelvis

Quote from: John Lyons on December 03, 2008, 12:34:44 PM

Looks great! The badge is cool as well. Is that the jade green board material I sell?
I've used the same thing for badges on my pedals.
Nice asian/modern aesthetic with the handle. 

John
Thanks John! The board is some I got from Rat Shack. It is a light green, but I also paint the backside with green primer to make it opaque. Funny you say it has an Asian aesthetic. It was completely unintentional, but I am half Korean. Maybe it's a genetic predisposition!
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

Ben N

Quote from: ilponiz on December 03, 2008, 05:47:53 PM
a quick update...
here's the inside (and the front as well) of my triangle big muff version: the big shave

hope you like it, mates!
;)

poniz
Very nice--compact board, nice job on the wiring, and the graphics are cool, too. What trannies did you use? (And what--noting the sockets--did you reject, if any? Apropos of a certain other thread where this is being rather heatedly discussed...)
  • SUPPORTER

ilponiz

Quote from: Ben N on December 04, 2008, 11:28:30 AM
Very nice--compact board, nice job on the wiring, and the graphics are cool, too. What trannies did you use? (And what--noting the sockets--did you reject, if any? Apropos of a certain other thread where this is being rather heatedly discussed...)

Hi Ben, first of all thanks for the kind words.
so, i socketed the trannies mainly for a reason: a got a bunch of different transistors (new, vintage ones, used, salvaged from old radios, etc...) and i wanted to try them.
at the end i put 2N3094 trannies as they sounded better to my ears. i also liked the 2n5088 but they were to noisy (and this pedal can REALLY get LOUD!)
i still have to try other trannies, so, hold on and i'll let you know

have a glorious day
poniz

deaconque

Well I've been following this thread since the beginning but for some reason have not posted a picture here before.  Here is my latest project, obviously a Dr Boogie.  It has a Sparkle boost in there as well and is wired to use either effect by itself or together, boosting the output.  The box is recycled from a Rocktron Silver Dragon.  Sorry about the enormous picture, couldn't get it resized quite right.

(more pictures to come)

petemoore

Wood grain always holds fascination for me, that's why it is among my very few favorite colors !!
 Uncle Amp...looks like a really cool dude !
 We love our 5e3's it's a great little number for me, once the bass is tightened.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

ianmgull

Here's my new parallel looper. I'm officially addicted to parallel processing. It has 6 channels total (one internal for the dry signal and 5 external loops). Aside from that it's pretty straight forward.

Ian

SonicVI

flo

deaconque

Here's another one.  Foxx tone machine from GGG.  The knobs don't really fit the look of the pedal so I'm still on the lookout for the perfect ones.  I'm open to suggestions    :icon_smile:

asfastasdark

Quote from: ianmgull on December 05, 2008, 12:39:06 AM
Here's my new parallel looper. I'm officially addicted to parallel processing. It has 6 channels total (one internal for the dry signal and 5 external loops). Aside from that it's pretty straight forward.

Ian

That looks really nice! Where did you get the enclosure?

And could you tell me the differences between series and parallel effects? Advantages/disadvantages, and what's so special about parallel?

FlyingZ

My first design that passed the smell test. Just in time 15 failures was my limit  :o

These two are already sold.

EDIT: I just saw a pedal by the same name. It didn't exist the first time I googled so oh well.

fixr1984

Quote from: SonicVI on December 05, 2008, 11:40:00 AM
True Bosspass

Whats the pot on the side for?

I have a Tr-2 and other than the volume drop fix I was fishing for other mods for it.

ianmgull

Thanks! The enclosure came from pedal parts plus. It's just a Hammond 1411WU enclosure.

Series is how you normally run your effects. You plug your guitar into one, and that goes into the next pedal, next pedal and so on. So if you have a delay at the end of your chain and a fuzz at the start, your delays are distorted. This may or may not be what you're going for.

A parallel box splits the guitar signal into a set number of channels, runs each of those to an effect (or chain of effects) and them mixes them down at the end. Essentially each effect thinks it's the only one in the signal path.

What I've found so far is that this gives you the ability to use more effects simultaneously, while each effect is more subtle than it would otherwise be. Definatelly worth checking out. It's too much fun to resist.

Quote from: asfastasdark on December 05, 2008, 07:25:23 PM
Quote from: ianmgull on December 05, 2008, 12:39:06 AM

Ian

That looks really nice! Where did you get the enclosure?

And could you tell me the differences between series and parallel effects? Advantages/disadvantages, and what's so special about parallel?

flo

Quote from: deaconque on December 05, 2008, 07:05:20 PM
Here's another one.  Foxx tone machine from GGG.  The knobs don't really fit the look of the pedal so I'm still on the lookout for the perfect ones.  I'm open to suggestions    :icon_smile:

Enclosure looks great this way!
How did you do the "old" black layer with the nice writing?

petemoore

deaconque
  The body of your Tone MAchine is what I'm typing about !
  The body looks like a top-shelf-electronics-item pick from the 1922-1928 era that picked up some serious patina-vibes, and new knobs along the way.
  The Patina prompts questions about it's origin and duration...
  Fine job, it's an art masterpiece from my perspective !

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

SonicVI

Quote from: fixr1984 on December 05, 2008, 10:31:47 PM
Quote from: SonicVI on December 05, 2008, 11:40:00 AM
True Bosspass

Whats the pot on the side for?

I have a Tr-2 and other than the volume drop fix I was fishing for other mods for it.

The pot is a volume control.  Just replace R9 with a 10K pot, can give a big volume boost as well.

deaconque

Enclosure looks great this way!
How did you do the "old" black layer with the nice writing?

The graphics for that one were done in photoshop, then it went onto the box with pnp blue, reverse etched, sprayed with flat black paint, then very lightly sanded to reveal the graphics and a little of the surrounding area.  The trick to doing it that way was knowing when to stop sanding.  glad you like it  :)