SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForcedFire

Quote from: deaconque on December 06, 2008, 02:46:37 PM
Enclosure looks great this way!
How did you do the "old" black layer with the nice writing?

The graphics for that one were done in photoshop, then it went onto the box with pnp blue, reverse etched, sprayed with flat black paint, then very lightly sanded to reveal the graphics and a little of the surrounding area.  The trick to doing it that way was knowing when to stop sanding.  glad you like it  :)

Looks really awesome. I want to make one reverse etched but solid black, seems impossible to get it to work though.

deaconque

Quote from: ForcedFire on December 06, 2008, 02:52:42 PM
Quote from: deaconque on December 06, 2008, 02:46:37 PM
Enclosure looks great this way!
How did you do the "old" black layer with the nice writing?

The graphics for that one were done in photoshop, then it went onto the box with pnp blue, reverse etched, sprayed with flat black paint, then very lightly sanded to reveal the graphics and a little of the surrounding area.  The trick to doing it that way was knowing when to stop sanding.  glad you like it  :)

Looks really awesome. I want to make one reverse etched but solid black, seems impossible to get it to work though.
it's possible.  it just takes very careful sanding and a lot of patience

kurtlives

Always wanted to build a mini amp...with the internal speaker used its great lo-fi goodness. Perfect for testing pedals and noodling. Sounds pretty decent when using the extension jack to plug in a 12" speaker.

A modified Ruby...

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Nitefly182

This is my first foray into decals.

I used decal set underneath and on top and it was kind of a struggle because the decals set up pretty much instantly so the bottom one is a little crooked. When I used to build models you could always slide the decals around for at least a minute to get them where you wanted them. With these I couldn't move them at all after about 2 seconds.

Barcode80

Quote from: kurtlives on December 07, 2008, 01:20:45 PM
Always wanted to build a mini amp...with the internal speaker used its great lo-fi goodness. Perfect for testing pedals and noodling. Sounds pretty decent when using the extension jack to plug in a 12" speaker.

A modified Ruby...

why does it say "moar" instead of "more?"

hank reynolds 3rd

kurtlives

Moar seems more badas s to me...
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

frequencycentral

Quote from: kurtlives on December 07, 2008, 03:55:43 PM
Moar seems more badas s to me...

Dont you mean "Moar seems moar badas s to me..." ???
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

kurtlives

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

liddokun

I've been thinking of building another Ruby, but put an internal speaker too.  I think using an old pc power supply would be perfect for it, already has the switch, and a the place where the fan used to be, can be replaced by a speaker. No need to alter that much.
To those about to rock, we salute you.

davent

Quote from: Nitefly182 on December 07, 2008, 02:39:18 PM

I used decal set underneath and on top and it was kind of a struggle because the decals set up pretty much instantly so the bottom one is a little crooked. When I used to build models you could always slide the decals around for at least a minute to get them where you wanted them. With these I couldn't move them at all after about 2 seconds.

Looks real nice! Couple questions for ya. Was that one of the powder coated boxes from Mike or have you done the painting, finishing? If powder coated did you do anything to the powder coat before applying the decals like scuffing it up to help your clearcoat adhere better to the box? And lastly what are you using for clearcoat, it looks quite thick and has a great gloss to it.

I've found that when putting on decals you have to have them really swimming in the decal set (I've got Micro Set) or things will set up too fast.

Take care,
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Nitefly182

Quote from: davent on December 07, 2008, 07:06:48 PM
Quote from: Nitefly182 on December 07, 2008, 02:39:18 PM

Looks real nice! Couple questions for ya. Was that one of the powder coated boxes from Mike or have you done the painting, finishing? If powder coated did you do anything to the powder coat before applying the decals like scuffing it up to help your clearcoat adhere better to the box? And lastly what are you using for clearcoat, it looks quite thick and has a great gloss to it.

I've found that when putting on decals you have to have them really swimming in the decal set (I've got Micro Set) or things will set up too fast.

Take care,
dave

Im just using rustoleum clear over rustoleum hammerite paint. I guess I just didn't use enough decal set. The clear is probably only 3 coats but IIRC they were all wet coats.

Chris S

Hey all here is my multi effects pedal Designed for my acoustic guitars that have and electric pick up and acoustic pick up or mic in them. It has for the electric pick up...

A Heart throb tremolo, Run off Groove multi face (2n3904 & 2n5089 mix), Booster, channel switch (for amp), reverb switch for amp, tuner,

And for the acoustic pick up...

A switch to go between the regular pick up and the mic and a mic pre amp for the mic and then two D.Is for the output.

All the LEDs are different colours and match the knob colours.

mmm mess

All the acoustic pick up outs DI or line and the 9v in.

Electric out and amp switching in

Electric and acoustic in

Thanks to all those who supplied schematics and did the hard works so that I could put this together.

HeimBrent

g.

Latest etched boxes...

Tube Screamer

Germanium Fuzz face NPN

Bass Fuzz

cheeb

I dig the hell out of those metal knobs. Where are they from?

g.

jacobyjd

Here's a fuzz face I made for our sales guy at Sweetwater:

Mods:
-250k pot in series w/ 47k resistor in place of the standard 100k
-10k bias pot
-fat switch (mid boost)
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

phintze

Is that the unabomber?