Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilponiz

Quote from: Nitefly182 on December 19, 2008, 10:24:07 PM
Modded silicon fuzz face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOQK2JdLCzA

very nice, mate.
if i may ask, where you got that nice enclosure?

cheers

poniz

carrejans

Here is my amp, that I recently finished. It's based on an 18Watt Marshall from 1974. (with a TMB channel)
Luckily my father helped with the woodworking.  ;)

Still have a few things to do:
- fix the caps to the chassis (now they are floating around)
- finish a switched power supply, that I'm making for it (lots of problems with designing this...  >:( )
- add another layer of varnish (a darker one, I think)
- buy and attach some corners (do you guys know where I can find some nice ones for this amp? I don't like the chrome ones nor the black ones; something dark brown would be great)
- make a faceplate

kurtlives

Quote from: Nitefly182 on December 20, 2008, 01:20:26 AM
Quote from: kurtlives on December 19, 2008, 11:33:33 PM
A tweaked DOD 250/Dist + clone. Most components have been tweaked for optimum tone. A really amazing pedal with great tone, yet so simple. I really like this little guy.

NOS tropical fish, Phillips electros and carbon comps.

I dont know why but the BC electros are so much cooler and nicer than the usual xicons. I wish they came in radial packages too.
Ya I really like them too, realized how many I had the other day so I am trying to use them. Vintagey caps just aren't the same in radial packages to me ???

Quote^^Nice! What kind of diodes do you have in there?
Tried a bunch out on the breadboard and just ended with 1N914s.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Nitefly182

Quote from: ilponiz on December 20, 2008, 10:41:30 AM
Quote from: Nitefly182 on December 19, 2008, 10:24:07 PM
Modded silicon fuzz face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOQK2JdLCzA

very nice, mate.
if i may ask, where you got that nice enclosure?

cheers

poniz

I got it a while back from www.roadrageprogear.com

Theyre cool enclosures but theyre really textured and they fit very tightly together so if you tried to paint one, all the paint would chip and flake off at the edges when you tried to put the box back together. I bought two and never got any more once I realized that. I guess you could screen them but thats always a huge hassle, especially for one-off pedals.

sshrugg

Atari Punk Console + Keepon = insane cuteness

It's a Christmas present for my girlfriend.  Do you think she'll like it?

VIDEO!!
Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)

arma61

Quote from: sshrugg on December 20, 2008, 02:51:45 PM
Atari Punk Console + Keepon = insane cuteness

It's a Christmas present for my girlfriend.  Do you think she'll like it?

VIDEO!!

she'll love you more and more after this !!

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

liddokun

I figure I'll post this one too, since it's DIY guitar amp building. A friend of mine just redid the insides of my AC4, so I decided to do a little on the outside as well.  It used to be an epi valve jr.

Guts:

And a closeup of my NOS Mullards.  :icon_mrgreen:

To those about to rock, we salute you.

chicago_mike

Nice valve jr mod :)

Where did you get the tag board if I may ask?

liddokun

It's not actually a mod, I gutted the entire thing and put in a Vox AC4 circuit. The tagboard I got from my friend, he had a spare one lying around.
To those about to rock, we salute you.

phaseman

I haven't posted in a long time, but I was building pedals :D. Many thanx to all of you people. These are pedals I did in past several months:
(I'll write reports as soon as find the time. These are excellent projects, amazing pedals )

Tonepad's PSU (w/ few mods to the pcb)

ts808 (for bass player in my band)

ToneMender (very cool and simple eq)

BassBalls (no other comment than: I want no other envelope follower )

EchoBase (Slacker, thx a million;) )

Small Stone (I cannot describe how crazy and happy I was when I heard this baby, tnx Francisco)

Chorus CE2 (Tonepad's loyout, tnx Francisco again ;D)

as I said, I'll post my reports, some of these pedals have features that I didn't know of by reading about them.

Ripthorn

Dude, Phaseman, where do you get those awesome enclosures?
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

Ben N

Is that Echo Base a hard drive?
  • SUPPORTER

oskar

Thats class!    I wote this no1            8)

Quote from: frequencycentral on December 16, 2008, 04:45:52 PM
"Multimode Filter" - envelope filter (Highpass, Bandpass, Lowpass) using LM13700 dual OTA. Funky as hell!

phaseman

Quote from: Ripthorn on December 20, 2008, 10:52:45 PM
Dude, Phaseman, where do you get those awesome enclosures?

;D Well, I'm a fanatic for enclosures, I hunt them. Mostly I get them very cheap on the fleamarket or junkyards, but it doesn't happen too often. I just love to turn external modems, hard drives, and similar devices into pedals :).

phaseman

Auke Haarsma

really cool Phaseman!

slacker

That's my new favourite Echo Base :)

SISKO

Quote from: carrejans on December 20, 2008, 10:48:56 AM

Hey! nice lab dude!
Is that a dummy load connected to the output?
--Is there any body out there??--

davent

Quote from: punkin on December 18, 2008, 10:33:14 PM
Quote from: davent on December 18, 2008, 10:32:09 PM
hello,
Wanted to have a reliable, quiet source of power around to work with so built this to fill that need and also as a sort of a prototype for building a Spyder type supply sometime down the road.
dave

Nice! Tell us more bout it please.

It has an RF filter before the transformer using a little 104mH line filter with Class X2 and Class Y2 caps on the AC lines then it's just a couple of cascaded regulators to give  12Vdc and  9Vdc outputs. When I first tried it out i thought there were some issues  but turned out my testing method was the issue. Schematic and layout in this thread. http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=72895.msg590807#msg590807

Boxed up.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

davent

Quote from: carrejans on December 20, 2008, 10:48:56 AM
Here is my amp, that I recently finished. It's based on an 18Watt Marshall from 1974. (with a TMB channel)
Luckily my father helped with the woodworking.  ;)

Still have a few things to do:
- buy and attach some corners (do you guys know where I can find some nice ones for this amp? I don't like the chrome ones nor the black ones; something dark brown would be great)
- make a faceplate

Nice looking amp! For corners, I don't think you're very likely to find brown ones so if you do find a design you like and that fits your corner radius I'd get those and spray paint them the desired colour. Another option might be brass or antique brass corners.

Good luck on that PS!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg