SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carrejans

Quote from: SISKO on December 21, 2008, 11:52:18 AM
Hey! nice lab dude!
Is that a dummy load connected to the output?

It's the lab in my school; not mine.  ;)
Yep, that's a dummy load.

carrejans

Quote from: davent on December 21, 2008, 02:42:53 PM
Nice looking amp! For corners, I don't think you're very likely to find brown ones so if you do find a design you like and that fits your corner radius I'd get those and spray paint them the desired colour. Another option might be brass or antique brass corners.

Good luck on that PS!
dave

Antique brass would be great, I think. Will search for that.
Thank you...

cloudscapes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Ben N

That's some crazy s$%t, there! I'd have put it in a bigger box, though, so I could have big old MXR-style knobs and rubber boots--too many fun parameters for expression pedals.
  • SUPPORTER

earthtonesaudio

Cloudscapes, how many coats of clear did you put on there?   :icon_eek:

cloudscapes

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on December 22, 2008, 10:08:13 AM

just one ;)
it's clear epoxy resin. I mix up a batch and just ooze it on the pedal. takes 50 hours to fully harden (though it can be carefully handled after just 12) but it gives a mirror shine and feels hard as tough plastic.

but yeah, it sort of gives a slight pillowing effect
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Kearns892

Cloudscapes, what is that silvery thing you mounted your LED in? I know most people use those, but I'm new and I  have no idea what it is or where you get it.

HeimBrent

earthtonesaudio

Quote from: cloudscapes on December 22, 2008, 10:57:48 AM
Quote from: earthtonesaudio on December 22, 2008, 10:08:13 AM

just one ;)
it's clear epoxy resin. I mix up a batch and just ooze it on the pedal. takes 50 hours to fully harden (though it can be carefully handled after just 12) but it gives a mirror shine and feels hard as tough plastic.

but yeah, it sort of gives a slight pillowing effect

Ah that explains it!  I think a bit of heat can really speed up drying time, depending on the product you use.  I use this optical grade epoxy stuff at work and hit it with the heat lamp for just a few hours, and it's fully cured by the next day.

Oh and I'm sure you know to cover the thing up while it's curing... there's nothing like coming in the next day to find a single spider leg stuck in there...   :-\

Quote from: Kearns892 on December 22, 2008, 11:06:00 AM
Cloudscapes, what is that silvery thing you mounted your LED in? I know most people use those, but I'm new and I  have no idea what it is or where you get it.

I've heard them called "LED Bezel" most often.  You can get them at Radio Shack by that name.

Renegadrian

My green period...
My 9th Valvecaster and my first Vibracaster (aka wiring nightmare)

(a strange light reflection under the Valvy knob...)

larger pics:
here and here

Hey I use the same Knobs as Rick!!! Cheap and good enough...

I'll upload a sample of my Vibracaster...A little ticking somewhere but it's so good...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Kearns892

Renegadrian, what did you use to screen your decals on? They look a lot cleaner than most silk screens I've seen.

Renegadrian

frequencycentral

Quote from: Renegadrian on December 22, 2008, 07:46:41 PM
http://www.geocities.com/worthekik/echobuild.html

Enjoy!  :icon_wink:

".....then printed it out on a transparency sheet for projectors....."

I use the same technique, but with one modification. I print a reverse image on the transparency, that way the graphic is protected by the transparency sheet as well as the clear coat.

Compare the cost of transparency sheets vs waterslide sheets - transparency sheets are cheap! And they don't wrinkle or rip - they're tough!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Renegadrian

Yep, usually I do the same too, the printed part is printed reversed so it stays on the underside...

railhead

My Mom and Dad started a tradition years ago, where every household in the family makes a home-made ornament to hang on a special tree at their house.

This is the one my wife and I built this year: a fully working, lighted Christmas tree.

It sports 14 LEDs, 14 resistors, a SPST switch to turn the lights on and off, and two 2032 "watch" batteries (replaceable, of course). To keep with the "feel," the hanger is red 18-gauge copper wire. :D

It looks wonderfully warm and cozy hanging on the tree in a dark room, too.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, ALL!

davent

Now that is very cool!!! ;D   Do the leds switch on and off or all remain on once powered up?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

railhead

Once you turn the switch to the on position, they all stay lit -- until you turn it off, of course. :)

punkin

Quote from: railhead on December 22, 2008, 11:22:30 PM

My Mom and Dad started a tradition years ago, where every household in the family makes a home-made ornament to hang on a special tree at their house.

This is the one my wife and I built this year: a fully working, lighted Christmas tree.

It sports 14 LEDs, 14 resistors, a SPST switch to turn the lights on and off, and two 2032 "watch" batteries (replaceable, of course). To keep with the "feel," the hanger is red 18-gauge copper wire. :D

It looks wonderfully warm and cozy hanging on the tree in a dark room, too.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, ALL!

Uh 12 days of Christmas 14 LEDs?!  ::)

Seriously, way cool!

Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

railhead

Here's a shot of it where you can see the LEDs better:

punkin

A great IDEA! THanks!
Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.