News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g.

paperphoto and common grit sandpaper. just wanted something that looks already old...

DavidRavenMoon

Quote from: g. on January 12, 2009, 10:10:24 AM
EDP Wasp filter Clone (stand alone synth filter)

fuzz factor (germanium fuzz)

Wow, those cases are amazing!  I could do without the two tone knobs on the second one though.

SGD Lutherie
Hand wound pickups, and electronics.
www.sgd-lutherie.com
www.myspace.com/davidschwab

railhead

Quote from: g. on January 13, 2009, 03:03:45 PM
paperphoto and common grit sandpaper. just wanted something that looks already old...

Do you mean inkjet photopaper? You just printed it black and white, reversed, and ironed it on?

g.

QuoteDo you mean inkjet photopaper? You just printed it black and white, reversed, and ironed it on?
yes but print with a laser printer

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: g. on January 14, 2009, 09:14:17 AM
QuoteDo you mean inkjet photopaper? You just printed it black and white, reversed, and ironed it on?

... or a even cheaper solution is to print with a laser printer on sites of a catalogue. Got pretty decent results using this kind of paper - and I tried several ones! The catalogue sites turned out to be by far the best, as the paper peels off of the surface nearly by itself when you put the enclosure into the water adter you ironed it and it costs nothing.
If  had a photobucket account I would show some of my work but I haven't.

Regards
Helge

The French connection

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on January 14, 2009, 09:46:45 AM

... or a even cheaper solution is to print with a laser printer on sites of a catalogue. Got pretty decent results using this kind of paper - and I tried several ones! The catalogue sites turned out to be by far the best, as the paper peels off of the surface nearly by itself when you put the enclosure into the water adter you ironed it and it costs nothing.

Regards
Helge

Go on, it's free...you'll need one sooner or later  ;)

http://photobucket.com/

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

Fuzz Aldryn

Ok, here we go!
HAO Rustdriver Clone. The smaller the better.;)

ethed enclosure for my Shinei SuperFuzz clone

ready SuperFuzz

sans mots:

Kosmos Phaser  a.k.a. Phase 90

OCD

sans mots:

Regards
Helge

g.

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: g. on January 14, 2009, 12:09:58 PM
great !
Thx! :)
A few more pics though not realy a stompbox but I guess you'll know what is.:)

jalien21

that purple battery looks really great in there, imho

The French connection

Awesome, work! This tell me that you've been lurking so much catalogue... Hope it was not all IKEA stuff! :P

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: The French connection on January 14, 2009, 01:37:05 PM
Awesome, work! This tell me that you've been lurking so much catalogue... Hope it was not all IKEA stuff! :P

Dan
Thanks! Mostly I use the free Quelle catalogue that my room mate always gets:D It has about 1600 pages. So I Still use the first one. Should reech a life time even if you take it as PnP paper for your PCBs. Also it works most of the time at least on the second try.:D

Regards
Helge

Valoosj

Obviously Copied Drive

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Zen

Regards
Helge

it doesn't seem like that should work, but it is awesome!

this should be filed under the "green initiative" since it is sorta recycling paper

would be nice to use this printing method on a pedal made from parts reclaimed from busted compact-florecent bulbs :)

ForcedFire

Fuzz Aldryn, that Squeezer rules. I can't get paint to stay in a big etched square like that when I'm sanding. Awesome pedals!

flo

All those etches are beautifull!  8)

orangetones

Quote from: Zen on January 14, 2009, 05:30:27 PM

Regards
Helge

this should be filed under the "green initiative" since it is sorta recycling paper

would be nice to use this printing method on a pedal made from parts reclaimed from busted compact-florecent bulbs :)

Again, I agree.  paper from a catalogue is the best and a very green solution.  I have never had problems and from what is sounds like, there are some difficulties soaking photo paper off.  Catalogue paper comes off really easily!  I just tape a piece of it over where the board will print on a regular piece of white paper (just the way many do with small cut pieces of PnP Blue).

I just have to try it now with an etched enclosure! 

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: ForcedFire on January 14, 2009, 06:28:07 PM
Fuzz Aldryn, that Squeezer rules. I can't get paint to stay in a big etched square like that when I'm sanding. Awesome pedals!

Thanks!:)
Don't know if I got you right, but you have to sand and polish before you start etching. This way the nonetched parts stay highgloss after the process which you will need in the further step.  Tap with acrylic paint (and that's important, because acrylic paint sticks pretty good on the etched areas but pretty poor on the polished surface) the parts you want to have to be painted (the etched areas in this case). Don't care if something of the nonetched parts are painted too, because they are high glossy. You can easily rub or wipe the excess away with a q-tip (for the letters) or a small piece of fabric. Doing this you don't touch the painted areas that much and the paint should stay in place. Now you can easily fix it with a clear lacquer of your choice. VoilĂ ! C'etait tous!
Hope this was some kind of helpful!

Regards
Helge

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: Zen on January 14, 2009, 05:30:27 PM

Regards
Helge

Nah, believe me it works perfectly well. This kind of a "green initiativ" we've been doing already for a long time here in old europe.;) :D Don't have a catalogue by the hand? Watch your mailbox if you got some of the always annoying promotional brochures in there. They also work for this method. Not that well as catalogue pages but should be enough for making a simple pcb.:)

Regards
Helge

Edit: here's a pic of what I#ve been talking about:)

earthtonesaudio

I really like that idea.  A good way to recycle junk mail, and saves money on special paper too!

But how do you get it to go through the printer without problems?  Cut it to the standard paper sheet size before you print?

If someone has a photoessay or tutorial, I'd love to see it (in it's own thread of course).

:)