News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laumschoon

A/B Switch. Very basic. No LEDS, no paint. Enclosure: 90x38x30 mm.

Renegadrian

Everyone has a starting point, uh?! Just let me point out, if I may, the wires soldered to the jacks...
It doesn't seem the best soldering you can do...Maybe a little practice on more pedals would help, I believe?!
Hope to see some other works from you, obviously better!!!  :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

bumblebee

Yes, you should solder them wires to the jacks/switch  cause it looks like there's no solder on there at all.

Barcode80

Muffer:

Fulldrive 2 clone

Guts, before i wired in the board.

tehfunk

Quote from: Barcode80 on January 24, 2009, 08:04:50 PM
Muffer:

Where do you get that blue foam? And, what is it called so i can search for it on the internet, "foam" as a search term never works...
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

danielzink

Quote from: tehfunk on January 24, 2009, 09:21:11 PM
Muffer:

Where do you get that blue foam? And, what is it called so i can search for it on the internet, "foam" as a search term never works...

I just bought 10 sheets in various colors from Michaels - a week ago.

Dan

Barcode80

yep, that's the stuff. i think it's called foamies, but that's a brand name, there are a lot of different kinds. you can get a TON of it at Michael's or similar craft store for a couple bucks.

Gregory Kollins

I have used bazooka joe comic strips for the same purpose several times. It's waxy, non conductive, and tells jokes. It's perfect in every way, plus I figure if anyone else ever comes into possession of the pedal, and get's it fixed somewhere or something, this random technician is going to pull bazooka joe out of a pedal. And it will be humorous.
I also used a receipt once. Really any paper...

solderman

Muffer:

Fulldrive 2 clone

Hi Patrick
Muffler:
Really nice and tight build, nice paint job as well. I am curios about the jacks. Did you buy them that way or did you perform Dremmel surgery on them??

Fulldrive 2 clone
Really nice painjob here too but isn't there something missing inside ;D. Did you use the "Fullclone" schematic? I have "the real McCoy" and the Schematics for the fullclone but I haven't seen any point in building it except for comparing the sound so I'm curios if you or someone has?? I just might build one and sell off the the Fulldrive to finance some more builds ;)

//Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Barcode80

Quote from: solderman on January 25, 2009, 02:45:32 AM
Muffer:

Fulldrive 2 clone

Hi Patrick
Muffler:
Really nice and tight build, nice paint job as well. I am curios about the jacks. Did you buy them that way or did you perform Dremmel surgery on them??

Fulldrive 2 clone
Really nice painjob here too but isn't there something missing inside ;D. Did you use the "Fullclone" schematic? I have "the real McCoy" and the Schematics for the fullclone but I haven't seen any point in building it except for comparing the sound so I'm curios if you or someone has?? I just might build one and sell off the the Fulldrive to finance some more builds ;)

//Solderman
THanks for the kind words. The jacks i picked up on my last trip to L.A. at a store called electronics city in burbank. They come that way. I bought them specifically with the 1590A in mind. I used the project on matsumin's site for the fulldrive. I'm still having some issues as i get no gain unless i kick in the boost. THought it might be the drive pot, but it has been replaced with a brand new one and nothing. but when i kick in the boost, it sounds great. missing something without that initial drive though. ACtually, I'm likely about to put either a KOT with an LPB on the input for the boost  or a Bluesbreaker with the colorsound inductorless wah boost section on the output in the case. The Fulldrive sounds great, but not what I'm looking for (at least with my jacked up build). I've built the bass drive from the same project before, and that sounded killer.

Laumschoon

Quote from: bumblebee on January 24, 2009, 06:29:48 PM
Yes, you should solder them wires to the jacks/switch  cause it looks like there's no solder on there at all.

Quote from: Renegadrian on January 24, 2009, 05:44:48 PM
Everyone has a starting point, uh?! Just let me point out, if I may, the wires soldered to the jacks...
It doesn't seem the best soldering you can do...Maybe a little practice on more pedals would help, I believe?!
Hope to see some other works from you, obviously better!!!  :icon_wink:

I soldered all the wires, I should have added a little more solder though. But hey, it's my first pedal. It is indeed my starting point. I'll keep your suggestions in mind for my next project.

punkin

PepperShredder verified! Pretty tasty sounding if I do say so myself. Wasted an hour after construction was complete...a horrible buzzing noise. Turned out that my 1.5 Amp 12VDC Radioshack wall wart is a piece of junk! Plugged this into into my ASTRON benchtop power supply and voila! Here are the guts;

and the proposed box;

One more with my Grace Big-Daddy in the shot  :icon_smile:

When it's all pretty, I'll post a final picture. In the mean time...a cleaner smaller power supply  :icon_wink:
Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

frequencycentral

Quote from: punkin on January 25, 2009, 03:02:22 PM

Wow - I wouldnt dare build like that - I always build into the enclosure - if you see what I mean. Well done.

That DC socket though - it looks like a metal chassis to me - so if you build it into a metal enclosure (assuming that you are using centre ground like Boss and everyone else) your DC will short to the case. You will have to isolate it - or get a plastic chassis DC socket.
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Resonator

FET-based distortion. Hammerite Metal Paint + Waterslide Decal.

Resonator

FET-based distortion. Hammerite Metal Paint + Waterslide Decal.

Renegadrian

Uh, you were so happy to have a good pedal to show that you didn't actually post a pic!!!  :icon_razz:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

punkin

Quote from: frequencycentral on January 25, 2009, 03:20:52 PM
Quote from: punkin on January 25, 2009, 03:02:22 PM

Wow - I wouldnt dare build like that - I always build into the enclosure - if you see what I mean. Well done.

That DC socket though - it looks like a metal chassis to me - so if you build it into a metal enclosure (assuming that you are using centre ground like Boss and everyone else) your DC will short to the case. You will have to isolate it - or get a plastic chassis DC socket.

Using an "M" connector for DC...connector chassis will be ground and center pin +12VDC...third pedal like this so far no issues.  In fact just stuffed the box a few minutes ago...gonna be tight but will work nicely. I'm still hopeful that I'll be able to have room for a regulator and filter circuit as well. We'll see how that goes. On over-sight though...need 4 small machine screws for socket mounting...there's always one more thing isn't there  :P
Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

danielzink

tehfunk

thanks for letting me know where to get the foam stuff, I'll have to go pick some up.
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

Kearns892

Quote from: danielzink on January 25, 2009, 06:52:19 PM

Dan

You should find a way to replace the stomp switch with an easy button from staples