News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chi_boy

Quote from: Focalized on January 29, 2009, 12:24:56 AM
That made me think somebody should shoot a paint ball gun at a box and clear-coat it. What kind of paint is in paint ball ammo?
Probably something easily clean off.

It's not really paint.  It's fish oil based, or something.  Would be very surprised if someone could clear coat over it.
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

Nitefly182

Quote from: chi_boy on January 29, 2009, 12:42:44 AM
Quote from: Focalized on January 29, 2009, 12:24:56 AM
That made me think somebody should shoot a paint ball gun at a box and clear-coat it. What kind of paint is in paint ball ammo?
Probably something easily clean off.

It's not really paint.  It's fish oil based, or something.  Would be very surprised if someone could clear coat over it.

Not only that, you would have to pick out all the flecks of gelatin shell if you were going to try it. But yeah, fish oil based to keep it from hardening and to make for very obvious hits.

tehfunk

Not from scratch obviously, but it's a modded VOX wah, here are the additions:
-1P4T rotary switch with capacitor selections.
-true bypass
-changed some basic resistor values to old style, and compensation for true bypass.
-switched out caps for high quality metal foil, polystyrene, and changed electro to 6.8 uf.
-transistors are BC239C
-9v DC Jack
-Black Top ICAR pot

Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

Gila_Crisis

how do BC239 sound in a wha? i ask you this because i use them in Big Muffs, for wha i prefer low Hfe transistors

tehfunk

They are actually pretty low for a wah, IIRC their gains were in the mid to high 200s, while the common bc108s and 109s that people use are sometimes in the high 400s and low 500s. But, yeah, they sound good... I saw them in a teese wah that was one of the things that made me order them.

What kind, specifically, do you prefer?

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

Mtaya

Hi,

Let me present my hand-made "little" collection :

And my set :

fluoreszenz

Quote from: Mtaya on January 29, 2009, 03:10:15 AM
Hi,

Let me present my hand-made "little" collection :

Wow, really nice  :)

Those graphics look awesome,  ;D Never'Clone and the EVH pedal (phase?)

MarcoMike

yeah!!! the EVH graphic rocks!!!
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

Renegadrian

wow, recently we have some newcomers () with some great works...those graphics are just too beautiful!!!
Tell us more about them!!!

EDIT - I see a Zakk Wyle pedal?! Please post more detailed pics!!! And the Buddha (Zen) Drive...YEAH
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Mtaya

Hi all,
It's a pleasure to have a such welcome. It's a long time that I navigate on this forum but as my English is not very good I was a little bit afraid to write on it  :icon_redface:

So from Upper left to bottom right :

Phase 90 -> Treble booster -> MXR Zakk Wylb -> Cactus A/B Box -> Zen Dribe -> EA tremolo -> TS 808 + mod -> OBD -> Klon Centaub -> F.F -> Small Clonb. (BSIAB2 is missing on the picture)

For the story, I've called my Chorus copy "never'clone"  in reference of Nirvana album "Nevermind" and the fact that my stompbox was a Clone on E.H

I have also modded my VOX wha. Details Here -> http://www.guitariste.com/forums/le-coin-du-bricoleur,tuto-vox-v-ameliorations-am,295268.html

I'm really proud of them, execpt for the OCD that I found it sounding to "loud & dark" for me  :icon_evil:

In few word I will say that for:
*Klon = My prefered, very bright, percussive & responsive
*Zakk = Very good sustain & harmonic friendly  :icon_mrgreen:
*Zen = Very subtil, a good complement to Klon
*BSIAB2 = Plexi in a box so what else
*OCD = a little bit dissapointed

As I say on another thread, I'm a beginner in DIY so for the moment I'm only making "easy projects" that I found on the net.
I'm not making copy in the goal to have a perfect clone of famous stompboxes, but more in the optic to understand how there creators have proceed to created them.

For the graphics I use "word" because I don't know how work "photoshop"  :icon_redface:

Gila_Crisis

Quote from: tehfunk on January 29, 2009, 03:00:57 AM
They are actually pretty low for a wah, IIRC their gains were in the mid to high 200s, while the common bc108s and 109s that people use are sometimes in the high 400s and low 500s. But, yeah, they sound good... I saw them in a teese wah that was one of the things that made me order them.

in mine i got a bc108 and a bc107 both with a low Hfe (around about 200). maybe during the weekend i'll try it with some bc239 ;)

Potatoolay

Clean Boost

Zen Clone

Kearns892

Haha nice, a Spinal Tap throwback, but what does it say under the "Eleven" I can't make it out with the low res.

solderman

Quote from: Mtaya on January 29, 2009, 05:38:21 AM

For the story, I've called my Chorus copy "never'clone"  in reference of Nirvana album "Nevermind" and the fact that my stompbox was a Clone on E.H

For the graphics I use "word" because I don't know how work "photoshop"  :icon_redface:

Hi Mtaya And welcome. Your English is splendid.

I had the same album in mind when I did my EH Small Clone Chorus (Tonepad) but my graphics sucks compared with yours. The text should read "Smells like A Chorus" but yellow on dark green was a major goof. I think ill re do this one after have seen yours.

BTW, you must have a black belt in Word to do that kind of killer graphics.

//Solderman

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Kearns892

Quote from: solderman on January 29, 2009, 03:53:21 PM
Quote from: Mtaya on January 29, 2009, 05:38:21 AM

Hi Mtaya And welcome. Your English is splendid.

I had the same album in mind when I did my EH Small Clone Chorus (Tonepad) but my graphics sucks compared with yours. The text should read "Smells like A Chorus" but yellow on dark green was a major goof. I think ill re do this one after have seen yours.

BTW, you must have a black belt in Word to do that kind of killer graphics.

//Solderman

Nice but the Graphic isn't correct, half his head should be gone.

Gila_Crisis

Quote from: Kearns892 on January 29, 2009, 05:34:21 PM

that's not funny  :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_sad:

Kearns892

Quote from: Gila_Crisis on January 29, 2009, 05:53:13 PM
Quote from: Kearns892 on January 29, 2009, 05:34:21 PM

that's not funny  :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_sad:

Sorry, sometimes when I get ideas that are just too hard to resist.

SpencerPedals

Quote from: solderman on January 29, 2009, 03:53:21 PM
but yellow on dark green was a major goof. I think ill re do this one after have seen yours.

I actually thought that looked really cool.  It all looks very grunge and while the text doesn't jump out at you, it's readable.  Just my two cents!

Steve

tehfunk

Quote from: Gila_Crisis on January 29, 2009, 05:55:19 AM
Quote from: tehfunk on January 29, 2009, 03:00:57 AM

in mine i got a bc108 and a bc107 both with a low Hfe (around about 200). maybe during the weekend i'll try it with some bc239 ;)

cool, just let me know what you think.

solderman

HI
This is the Copy Cat, A Tonepad Rebote Delay shrunken in to a 1590A enclosuar.
More inside pics in the Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals... tread http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=64752.0

//Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)