SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frequencycentral

Murder in the dark:

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Dragonfly

Bosstone -

And with camera flash -

Only a couple more builds to go !

Dragonfly

Quote from: kurtlives on January 30, 2009, 07:30:16 PM

Great looking build - You've come a LONG way since you first started here !

Renegadrian

The Murder one and also the Black Jack are awesome...Congrats...

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

GREEN FUZ

Quote from: petemoore on January 31, 2009, 01:11:26 AM
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v207/petemoore/?action=view&current=0129091351.jpg

The cat seems a bit dismissive of your work Pete. I get the same reaction from mine when I show it my latest pedal.

kurtlives

Quote from: Dragonfly on January 31, 2009, 06:54:24 PM
Quote from: kurtlives on January 30, 2009, 07:30:16 PM

Great looking build - You've come a LONG way since you first started here !
Thanks that means so much coming from you. Glad someone appreciated it, most of my builds go unnoticed it seems. I posted a clean wired Fuzz Face a few pages back I think you would like, you being a Fuzz addict!

Today's work...

Killer swirl btw, suits a phaser well. Hahaha
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

free electron

Finnally finished: Night Train OD, one of the simplified versions. More info here:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=62848.0
Definitely stays on my pedalboard! :)

ianmgull

Here in Cincinnati we were hit with a pretty nasty snow storm during the week. Two days of cabin fever produced this ugly fellow:

Tim's UglyFace with LFO. This thing sounds like pure evil.

Ripthorn

Quote from: free electron on January 31, 2009, 07:39:27 PM
Finnally finished: Night Train OD, one of the simplified versions. More info here:

Are those header pins on your pcb to connect to the pots and jacks?  If so, that is a brilliant idea.  If not, then I think I may have to try it and see what happens.  Does anyone else do that?  That would make mods and such much easier.
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

punkin

Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

Dragonfly

Quote from: kurtlives on January 31, 2009, 07:13:07 PM

Thanks that means so much coming from you. Glad someone appreciated it, most of my builds go unnoticed it seems. I posted a clean wired Fuzz Face a few pages back I think you would like, you being a Fuzz addict!

Today's work...

Nice - your builds are really starting to have a nice, clean, professional look - one that merits spending hard earned money on. I dig the fuzz - I'm glad people are using the switchable transistors...that's a mod I posted years ago that's gone largely unnoticed, but it can be really a cool mod.

Thanks - that ones a Bosstone though :D

======================================================================================

Heres the phaser -

SOUND SAMPLE OF SPEEDS AND TONES

==================================================================================

Oh - and I dug this out of my builds box -it's a FY-2 I built quite a while back. I probably should have dusted it off before taking pictures ! :D

=================================================================================

Oh...and a couple of the boxes I painted for Rockbox - these were their NAMM show banners. Cool company...HIGH quality stuff.

Barcode80

Quote from: Dragonfly on January 31, 2009, 11:32:04 PM
Quote from: kurtlives on January 31, 2009, 07:13:07 PM

Today's work...

Nice - your builds are really starting to have a nice, clean, professional look - one that merits spending hard earned money on. I dig the fuzz - I'm glad people are using the switchable transistors...that's a mod I posted years ago that's gone largely unnoticed, but it can be really a cool mod.

Thanks - that ones a Bosstone though :D

======================================================================================

Heres the phaser -

SOUND SAMPLE OF SPEEDS AND TONES

==================================================================================

Oh - and I dug this out of my builds box -it's a FY-2 I built quite a while back. I probably should have dusted it off before taking pictures ! :D

=================================================================================

Oh...and a couple of the boxes I painted for Rockbox - these were their NAMM show banners. Cool company...HIGH quality stuff.

yeah, i posted a pretty damn clean mosfet booster earlier, also unnoticed. but it happens, there is a lot of pedal fodder in this thread! easy to be overlooked. dragonfly which phaser is that?

frank_p

punkin

i hate u guys  :icon_wink: not....beautiful work.
Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

nico13

Quote from: free electron on January 31, 2009, 07:39:27 PM

Very nice build. The paint really looks professional.
This is the first time I see this kind of PCB. What is your method? Do you also have wiring on the backside?

free electron

Quote from: Ripthorn on January 31, 2009, 08:08:08 PM
Are those header pins on your pcb to connect to the pots and jacks?  If so, that is a brilliant idea.  If not, then I think I may have to try it and see what happens.  Does anyone else do that?  That would make mods and such much easier.
Yes, this is my standard way of connecting wires to the pcb, a header pin, the wire is soldered to the pin and then secured with the shrink tube. Since i started using this method (years now) i have no problems with breaking wires.
I use double sided pcb for most of my projects, the header pin is soldered on both sides:

Quote from: nico13 on February 01, 2009, 04:14:30 AM

Very nice build. The paint really looks professional.
This is the first time I see this kind of PCB. What is your method? Do you also have wiring on the backside?
Thank you.
I had only duble sided pcb rest parts, so i've used the top layer for jumpers and as a screening ground plane. The pcb is made with toner transfer method.
More photos:

The cheap jacks are now replaced with decent Switchcrafts. I had one free DPDT footswitch lying around, so there's a small SMT board with RG's Millenium Bypass:

railhead

Finished another etched build of my PURE Clean Boost. I've got this method pretty dadgum reproducible, and once I know I can do this several times in a row, I'll post my timing, steps, etc.

kierc

Damn nice etch! I done one yesterday but the PnP didn't transfer completely and my pens didn't hold up on Aluminium!  :( - will post it when I've finished it..

Also, Free Electron - how do you line up both sides of the pcb so well?  :o

SpencerPedals

Amazing looking etch, Railhead.  I'm going to give etching a shot this week for a homemade tube amp faceplate, for the first time.  I'm pretty nervous about getting any usable results.  After that I'll be trying two enclosures.  Great looking stuff, though. 

DavidRavenMoon

Quote from: railhead on February 01, 2009, 10:39:10 AM
Finished another etched build of my PURE Clean Boost. I've got this method pretty dadgum reproducible, and once I know I can do this several times in a row, I'll post my timing, steps, etc.

That's really nice on many levels.  I like the very clean aesthetics which match the name and idea.  And the execution is great.     

My day gig was as a graphic artist for the last 20 or so years, so I look at stuff that way.  There are many great looking pedals on here. Ironic that mine looks so drab.   :icon_wink:
SGD Lutherie
Hand wound pickups, and electronics.
www.sgd-lutherie.com
www.myspace.com/davidschwab