News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzz Aldryn

Hi,

something new made by me. Thought after having my first attempt to some small work (a enclosure) it was time to come back to some bigger work. So here it is:

Guts:

With its little brother:

Helge

Fuzzy-Train

Quote from: Nitefly182 on February 20, 2009, 07:23:13 PM
It was possibly a dosimeter charger. The 3 seconds charges the dosimeter.

That's very likely since it's from a geophysics and exploration company.
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

railhead

Andi

Took a lot of tweaking - I made some schoolboy errors in the original design (not that it's a hugely original design, more of an assembly of cookbook subcircuits). Sounds pretty ace now though.

Andi

Doh, sorry, forgot to say what it was. BM style tone control, 15v internal supply and about 18dB of boost available. Basically an active tone control which does wonders for my Parker Nitefly in particular, evening out the honk and adding sparkle.

SonicVI

My newly built turretboard MK1. Trannies are OC75, OC71 and CV7003.

Evad Nomenclature

Quote from: SonicVI on February 22, 2009, 07:57:42 PM
My newly built turretboard MK1. Trannies are OC75, OC71 and CV7003.

Where'd you snag that enclosure?
Been looking for ones like that off and on.  Sort of the small stone looking angled ones.
dave

P.S. cool =)
Evad Nomenclature III
Master of Dolphin Technologies

SonicVI

It's a Hammond 1456 series. Mouser carries them.

syndromet

My first atempt on clean wiring. Also first atempt on swirl-painting to.
Valvecaster. Sounds great. Thanks Dano and Dragonfly!
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

dano12

Here's a 1.5 watt MOSFET power amp with an LPB-1 in front as the preamp. Sucker gets *hot*!

Drives an 8 ohm cab pretty nicely.

The Tone God

Quote from: dano12 on February 23, 2009, 06:22:58 PM
Here's a 1.5 watt MOSFET power amp with an LPB-1 in front as the preamp. Sucker gets *hot*!

Old cdrom case ?

Andrew

dano12

Quote from: The Tone God on February 23, 2009, 06:26:09 PM

Old cdrom case ?

Andrew

It's the cage from the inside of an old computer that the CDrom drive slides into. So yeah, close enough.

The Tone God

Quote from: dano12 on February 23, 2009, 06:30:41 PM
It's the cage from the inside of an old computer that the CDrom drive slides into. So yeah, close enough.

Spiffy! :)

Andrew

obblitt

Drives an 8 ohm cab pretty nicely.

I've seen those little indicator thingies underneath the switch before - that cool, old-fashioned looking On/Off/On thing. Where do you get those?

dano12

Quote from: obblitt on February 24, 2009, 05:14:05 AM

I've seen those little indicator thingies underneath the switch before - that cool, old-fashioned looking On/Off/On thing. Where do you get those?

I ordered some DPDT subminis from a surplus web site. That's what I got. I'm pretty sure it was a mistake because they aren't sub-minis :)

petemoore

Dano, that looks like a place in the future I remember well, but haven't been to yet. Neat, civilized dwellings.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

jman 31

Here are my triplets. Built out of conduit boxes and based on designs from tone pad.

burdt

hey jman, on those bottom boxes, what did you use to fill in the gaps?  was it bondo?  i'm going to make a fuzz face out of the same enclosure and i'm trying to find a way to remove the rustic look.  do you have any bigger picture of the painted boxes?
HUBRIS

jman 31

I used bondo and an orbital sander. I have some pics of it at my website. http://www.italentshare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3

free electron

Quote from: Ben N on February 11, 2009, 03:13:11 PM
Very sweet! I like how you mounted thru-hole compoents on one side of the board and SMD on the other, and pots up over other components for a very compact board. I will never be able to do that, but I admire fine work when I see it. (Hey, I like Eric Johnson, too...)

Thank you! but never say never :) In case of this pedal i had some 125b boxes left i wanted to use, the hybrid smd/th was a necessity to pack all the features i wanted.
And i just like to work with smd.
Here's the pcb inside the box:

The box is now painted and dries.

And here's my first 1590A pedal: