News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: Taylor on March 06, 2009, 02:16:58 PM
I think the joke is just that the character's name is Crusher and it is a bit crusher. Am I missing some other facet? I've never been into Star Trek, but I've read that this character is really hated by fans, so I'm guessing it's just funny to be reminded of a hilariously lame character that everyone hates.

Thanks for filling me in.  I think I might put Steptoe & Son on my next pedal.

You're all wasting your life on sci-fi.  Rag and bone men is where it's at.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steptoe_and_son
Try a little tenderness.

Andi

Quote from: tiges_ tendres on March 06, 2009, 03:15:36 PMThanks for filling me in.  I think I might put Steptoe & Son on my next pedal.

Scrap metal enclosure?

free electron

Quote from: petemoore on March 06, 2009, 03:14:34 PM
  Ok Free Electron...it's not often I see [1:1?] transformers...expensive ?
  Very impressive PCB/componentry placements, wow, fine finish on the outside too ! Handy item to have on hand when you have use for it, it looks like you have 4 outputs..what are those going into? 

The transformers are xicon 1:1s driven directly from opamp buffers. There's low impedance Vbias source (386 trick, thanks RG! :) ) and the primary sits at the Vcc/2 potential.

The frequency response is quite flat, although there's a small peak above the audio range.

The outputs are:
1. Non isolated feeds wah, overdrives and all the pedals placed in front of the amp
2. Isolated unbalanced goes into the 2nd amp (working on it)
3. Isolated balanced/unbalanced XLR/TRS combo socket. I have HiZ inputs on the mixer, i can send the dry balanced signal and use with any software app, or just to have a dry guitar track for reamping purposes. Mono jack works as unbalanced out, similar to Out 2 (third amp maybe)
4. Non isolated for tuner or any other locally placed pedal (to keep the groundloops short and avoid hum)

Both isolated outputs can be muted with the two switches.

In fact, the XLR our should be a male one, but i wanted to use the combo socket i had. The pedalboard will be used mostly for homerecording, there's no problem with preparing one non standard cable.

The pcb is designed to fit into the 1590S box.

Another pedalboard tool i've built recently is a small, simple insert box. Two jack sockets placed somewhere in the signal chain:

Now i can plug another stompbox or a few without disassembling the whole pedalboard, which is already pretty crowdy. There's enough place for two more socket, so i'll probably add another insert point for the pedals placed in the FX loop.

trixdropd

Quote from: free electron on March 06, 2009, 05:04:52 PM
Quote from: petemoore on March 06, 2009, 03:14:34 PM
  Ok Free Electron...it's not often I see [1:1?] transformers...expensive ?
  Very impressive PCB/componentry placements, wow, fine finish on the outside too ! Handy item to have on hand when you have use for it, it looks like you have 4 outputs..what are those going into? 

The transformers are xicon 1:1s driven directly from opamp buffers. There's low impedance Vbias source (386 trick, thanks RG! :) ) and the primary sits at the Vcc/2 potential.

The frequency response is quite flat, although there's a small peak above the audio range.

The outputs are:
1. Non isolated feeds wah, overdrives and all the pedals placed in front of the amp
2. Isolated unbalanced goes into the 2nd amp (working on it)
3. Isolated balanced/unbalanced XLR/TRS combo socket. I have HiZ inputs on the mixer, i can send the dry balanced signal and use with any software app, or just to have a dry guitar track for reamping purposes. Mono jack works as unbalanced out, similar to Out 2 (third amp maybe)
4. Non isolated for tuner or any other locally placed pedal (to keep the groundloops short and avoid hum)

In fact, the XLR our should be a male one, but i wanted to use the combo socket i had. The pedalboard will be used mostly for homerecording, there's no problem with preparing one non standard cable.

The pcb is designed to fit into the 1590S box.

Another pedalboard tool i've built recently is a small, simple insert box. Two jack sockets placed somewhere in the signal chain:

Now i can plug another stompbox or a few without disassembling the whole pedalboard, which is already pretty crowdy. There's enough place for two more socket, so i'll probably add another insert point for the pedals placed in the FX loop.

Very cool pedal!! I love it!!

petemoore

I was half tempted to ask...nice features to have on such a multi-functional device. 
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

arma61

Hi m8s,

knowing very well my painting skills, here's my easy and raw Marshall Drive Master

I think I did a d.. good job in its gut!  :icon_biggrin:

Cheer m8s
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Shorty

Here's an electro harmonix pulsar I'm building for a friend. built into a chocolate tin which is surprisingly sturdy!

And yes, of course, the brakelights are wired to come on when the effect is engaged. Woohoo! Only problem is the depth knob is giving me issues but I might post that in a more suitable thread.

Sorry about terrible quality photos.

The joke is that here in oz (and most probably elsewhere in the world) Nissan manufactures a car called the 'Pulsar'. Ha ha, I know.

Antimidas...cheaply recorded garage rock since 2006

http://www.myspace.com/antimidas1

frequencycentral

Quote from: Shorty on March 08, 2009, 07:10:43 AM
And yes, of course, the brakelights are wired to come on when the effect is engaged. Woohoo!

Insanely cool!  8)

disto

Quote from: Shorty on March 08, 2009, 07:10:43 AM
Here's an electro harmonix pulsar I'm building for a friend. built into a chocolate tin which is surprisingly sturdy!

this reminds me of one from a while ago,
Quote from: Heavner on August 26, 2005, 12:40:02 AM

frequencycentral

Andi

Yet further from the original TS. This has an internal 15v charge pump thing, a Muff style tone control and lots of extra knobs and switches. I messed up the decal a bit - shouldn't have baked the lacquer on - but I'm still quite proud of this one.

arma61

Quote from: frequencycentral on March 08, 2009, 02:31:03 PM

W      O      W !!!!!!!!!!!!

ready for a bar-b-que, any sausages for me m8?  :D  :D 

Really fantastic job
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

fuzzo

a familly portrait  ;D

I know there's any paint, actually my feet don't care  :D

CynicalMan

A user programmable low power square wave tremolo (aka a stutter pedal  :icon_mrgreen:).
The box beside it is a 1590B.

Guts.

German

Actually its a simpliest pedal ever was.

kurtlives

The switch is pure mojo...
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

tehfunk

Quote from: Andi on March 08, 2009, 03:27:03 PM
Yet further from the original TS. This has an internal 15v charge pump thing, a Muff style tone control and lots of extra knobs and switches. I messed up the decal a bit - shouldn't have baked the lacquer on - but I'm still quite proud of this one.

I really like the appearance of your pedals, is it easy to do those decals? Also, what kind of paint do you use underneath and what kind for your clear coat? Thanks.
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

Taylor

Quote from: CynicalMan on March 08, 2009, 08:25:06 PM
A user programmable low power square wave tremolo (aka a stutter pedal  :icon_mrgreen:).
The box beside it is a 1590B.

How do you have the switch setup - is it on unless you step on it? I always found this difficult to use, since to me it's natural that pressing should make your sound audible, and letting go should make silence, but the typical kill switch is the opposite. Of course, wiring it so that it is normally off would be a pain when you don't want to stutter, so you have to include a second switch to take the momentary out when you don't want to stutter.

What kind of switch is that?

SonicVI

Barnes and Mullins Fuzz clone (aka: The Edwyn Collins fuzz)