News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tone God

Quote from: Barcode80 on March 23, 2009, 06:54:46 PM
was there ever a project for the payback? i've been looking for a decent looper...

Payback v1.0 and v1.1 are availible. Payback v2.0 has not been released yet. It will still be awhile before it will be released.

Quote from: Valoosj on March 23, 2009, 07:06:44 PM
Andrew, do you have a layout? I still have SIX ISDs lying around, waiting to be turned into paybacks...

Be aware that v2.0 uses the ISD1700 series.

Andrew

hubble

damn thats a cute ass Ruby, love the mini fender style cab  :D

jefe

Quote from: tehfunk on March 22, 2009, 04:38:04 AM

Very nice work Sam! I like your use of the wah shell  :icon_wink:

jayp5150

Quote from: jacobyjd on March 23, 2009, 07:43:44 PM
Nice :)  --How do you like that Dean acoustic?

Thanks!

You know, a lot of people rip on it, but I really like my Dean. It's the QSE. Quilted maple back and sides, solid spruce top, Mahogany neck.

It's warm (despite the maple), comfortable, although it is a bit quiet, I think. My next upgrade is going to have to be a Breedlove AC series. LOVE those things.

tehfunk

Quote from: jefe on March 23, 2009, 08:33:05 PM
Very nice work Sam! I like your use of the wah shell  :icon_wink:
Thanks a lot Jeff, it worked out great  8), and it was nice doing business with you.
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

jacobyjd

Quote from: jayp5150 on March 23, 2009, 08:39:34 PM
Quote from: jacobyjd on March 23, 2009, 07:43:44 PM
Nice :)  --How do you like that Dean acoustic?

Thanks!

You know, a lot of people rip on it, but I really like my Dean. It's the QSE. Quilted maple back and sides, solid spruce top, Mahogany neck.

It's warm (despite the maple), comfortable, although it is a bit quiet, I think. My next upgrade is going to have to be a Breedlove AC series. LOVE those things.

Haha, yeah, some people give me a hard time about mine--I have the rosewood model. I dig it, but the intonation could be better on mine.
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

BAARON

I know I already posted a photo of the green one, but the colour is better in this photo.  It's hard to tell, but the reddish one actually has sparkles in the paint, too, so it really glimmers when the light is just right.

Both had previous lives as BOSS SD-1 Super Overdrives.  They're both more like a tweaked Eternity with hybrid LED/Silicon clipping now.  It's only about 17 or 18 part changes...  (I know, not very original, but it sounds spiffy and at least I'm open about what it is!  PM me if you want the mod instructions and I'll send 'em to you.  Don't feel like cluttering up the Pictures thread by posting them here.)

I'm glad I've got these done now, so I can get back to working on my amp... Gotta try to find some cool black and silver brocade to use instead of tolex!  Heeheehee...
B. Aaron Ennis
If somebody makes a mistake, help them understand what went wrong.  Show them how to do it right.  Be helpful.  Don't just say "you're wrong, moron."

JKowalski

Quote from: hubble on March 23, 2009, 08:20:33 PM
damn thats a cute ass Ruby, love the mini fender style cab  :D

Thanks! I had those speakers lying around aimlessly, I had to make something cool out of em.

carrejans

Quote from: ForcedFire on March 22, 2009, 07:13:58 PM
I loved that tele with the etched aluminum pickguard a while back. Here's my take on it...

Guitar is an Agile AS-820

Picture from Cromwell Stone??

nando8_fx

Quote from: The Tone God on March 23, 2009, 08:05:10 PM
was there ever a project for the payback? i've been looking for a decent looper...

Payback v1.0 and v1.1 are availible. Payback v2.0 has not been released yet. It will still be awhile before it will be released.

Andrew, do you have a layout? I still have SIX ISDs lying around, waiting to be turned into paybacks...

Andrew

You have the schematic or layout for this pedal?

Its similar to Zvex?

Valoosj

Quote from: The Tone God on March 23, 2009, 08:05:10 PM

Andrew

Ow right :D I have been working on v1.1 for a year :p
Well, I guess I'll just quit that project and hop on the v2.0 bandwagon ...

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Slade

This is a Silicon Fuzz Face made for José Tomás, from Chile.

A little of the process:

Greetings.

GREEN FUZ

Beautiful work

What did you use for the mask and etching? PnP? Ferric?

sethj

Quote from: Slade on March 24, 2009, 12:55:27 PM
This is a Silicon Fuzz Face made for José Tomás, from Chile.

A little of the process:

Greetings.

that's hot!  very nice!

The Tone God

Quote from: nando8_fx on March 24, 2009, 09:49:47 AM
You have the schematic or layout for this pedal?

Its similar to Zvex?

As I posted v1.0 and v1.1 are availible both here and at my site. v2.0 has not been released yet. The do operate in the same manner as the Zvex product you are thinking of although v2.0 has several improvements and new features over that product and previous availible DIY loopers.

Quote from: Valoosj on March 24, 2009, 10:31:12 AM
Ow right :D I have been working on v1.1 for a year :p
Well, I guess I'll just quit that project and hop on the v2.0 bandwagon ...

Sorry about that but all the problems you, and a few others, were having is one the reasons that I started v2.0. Personally I think v2.0 is superior to all previous versions. I think everyone will be quite pleased with it once its out.

Andrew

Nikolay

sethj, great pedal!!
respect!

MicFarlow77

that's Mick's great work on the left, thanks again!
[/quote]

You are most Welcome! That looks great! Good measurements on your part.. it looks like it fits like a glove!

tehfunk

Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

JKowalski

Rebote 2.5 with infinite repeats + expression pedal out. I gave it a big enclosure, for future modification. Needs artwork still.

Also my INCREDIBLY handy breadboard contraption! The pushbutton (true bypass set up) + the two jacks + the DC jack make it way easy and clean to prototype anything. It's just a matter of putting the parts in, then plugging it in! There's a jawari on it right now - and I put some random pots and a switch in just for demonstration. I'm thinking of getting more breadboarding space, maybe two side by side, and when I do, I'll make an even better one. Probably with a attachable lid, so it can be nice and durable (also to keep out any extra light that could get into LED/LDR setups.). Maybe a polarity switcher, etc. Im sure I can think of all kinds of handy doodads to add to it.

Someone needs to make way advanced versions of these commercial! Think of it - a nice sized, sturdy, portable breadboard with a true bypass switching setup, an array of those 1/4"/mic jacks, a built in adjustable DC power supply, simple variable frequency sine wave oscillator for testing... put all the extra "appliances" as a row of labeled breadboard connections at the top of the setup... There's so much you could do with it!

EDIT: Like this one by paul marossey (mine pales next to it in comparison, though maybe not compactness):

But more compact, feature packed and durable!

kurtlives

Nice board!

Check out beavis audio for a commercial breadboard.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com