News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKowalski

Yeah I saw that one - It's not exactly what I was envisioning. That one is more oriented towards beginners, and simplicity - I'm talking about one that is feature packed for experienced and dedicated DIY'ers, nice and compact...

Maybe it's just me, but that's what I want. ;D

I think I might just build it. One of the main things I was wanting was an adjustable power supply... Ever since my little voltage adjustable wall wart from my local thrift store gave up on me.

Mugshot

gutshots of a TS808 copy i am currently debugging

note the PCB face. i pasted a parts layout scaled-down to fit the board (from tonepad) to serve as guide with the transfer of the components from the old PCB (which was fekkin' ugly btw). i think mine looks WAY better than it was.

but then again, same problem: crackling noises when tone pot reaches 3:00-max or zeroed.
i am what i am, so are you.

jefe

Quote from: JKowalski on March 25, 2009, 12:37:39 AM
Yeah I saw that one - It's not exactly what I was envisioning. That one is more oriented towards beginners, and simplicity - I'm talking about one that is feature packed for experienced and dedicated DIY'ers, nice and compact...

Maybe it's just me, but that's what I want. ;D

I think I might just build it. One of the main things I was wanting was an adjustable power supply... Ever since my little voltage adjustable wall wart from my local thrift store gave up on me.

Looks good, nice rig! I've got a similar board, also inspired by paul marossey's. I've been working on incorporating a "voltage sag" pot w/ panel meter.

I also made a "breadboard in a pedal" type of thing, for compactness and portability - inspired by this:
http://www.killertone.com/
(thanks for the reminder liquids!  :icon_wink:)

kawayanstrat

Quote from: Mugshot on March 25, 2009, 01:29:37 AM
gutshots of a TS808 copy i am currently debugging

note the PCB face. i pasted a parts layout scaled-down to fit the board (from tonepad) to serve as guide with the transfer of the components from the old PCB (which was fekkin' ugly btw). i think mine looks WAY better than it was.

but then again, same problem: crackling noises when tone pot reaches 3:00-max or zeroed.
Crackling ba? Nangyari na sakin yan dati. Try to look for cold solder joints or hairline solder bridges.
Minsan ganun lang yung problema. BTW taga PM ka din? :)

aziltz

FIRST BUILD!!!

BYOC 5 KNob Compressor!  Light Blue Hammertone by Rust-oleum.

JKowalski

Quote from: aziltz on March 26, 2009, 06:35:27 PM
FIRST BUILD!!!

BYOC 5 KNob Compressor!  Light Blue Hammertone by Rust-oleum.

Looks nice!

What's with the missing IC over there?

aziltz

its not missing...  the PCB for the 5 Knob accommodates either a BA6110 or CA3080.  Ones a Dip8, the other is an inline IC.  I'm using the Inline one.

Thanks for the compliments.

frank_p

Quote from: JKowalski on March 24, 2009, 09:09:08 PM

Also my INCREDIBLY handy breadboard contraption! The pushbutton (true bypass set up) + the two jacks + the DC jack make it way easy and clean to prototype anything. It's just a matter of putting the parts in, then plugging it in! There's a jawari on it right now - and I put some random pots and a switch in just for demonstration. I'm thinking of getting more breadboarding space, maybe two side by side, and when I do, I'll make an even better one. Probably with a attachable lid, so it can be nice and durable (also to keep out any extra light that could get into LED/LDR setups.). Maybe a polarity switcher, etc. Im sure I can think of all kinds of handy doodads to add to it.

J.K.: If you like you can put the picture in this topic:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=69404.0

JKowalski

Quote from: aziltz on March 26, 2009, 06:50:17 PM
its not missing...  the PCB for the 5 Knob accommodates either a BA6110 or CA3080.  Ones a Dip8, the other is an inline IC.  I'm using the Inline one.

Thanks for the compliments.

Ah, I was thinking that might be the case. I don't see many SIP packages.

Thanks for the ref, Frank!

jacobyjd

The Fuzz Conglomerate: A Si Fuzz Face with some tweaks

1. Bias Pot
2. 'Vintage' Switch (220pf cap acting as a high cut--basically takes away some fizz, sounds less modern)
3. Switchable Ge clipping--less volume, more sustain.

Graphics designed by my lovely wife.

Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

fluoreszenz

just finished this in an old box i had lying around, it's a wooly sounding fuzz  ;)

easy to build, but the guts ended as a feaking rathole;

however, it works  ;D

solderman

Quote from: jacobyjd on March 26, 2009, 09:37:33 PM
The Fuzz Conglomerate: A Si Fuzz Face with some tweaks

1. Bias Pot
2. 'Vintage' Switch (220pf cap acting as a high cut--basically takes away some fizz, sounds less modern)
3. Switchable Ge clipping--less volume, more sustain.

Graphics designed by my lovely wife.

Hi
I really like the "keyboard Look" eaven if i think it wasn't intended. I will add a keyboard look to my next bigger box. Also gets me thinking of Pink Floyd and the Animals cower. Only missing the Pig but his probably fyin away on his wings ;D

//Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

jacobyjd

Glad you like the look--I didn't really think about it looking sort of a like a keyboard--I just told Ruthie to run with the 'industrial park' motif.

GREEN FUZ

Makes me think of cellulitic old ladies wearing knee socks, for some reason. Must speak to my analyst about that.

solderman

Quote from: GREEN FUZ on March 27, 2009, 03:43:53 PM
Makes me think of cellulitic old ladies wearing knee socks, for some reason. Must speak to my analyst about that.
;D ;D ;D
We all have our different preferences. Im not sure if Pianos and Pigs ara more froidianicaly sociale accepted than cellulitic old ladies wearing knee socks. well, Im not dreaming about piano keys and pigs..........yte.
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

jacobyjd

I will never look at fuzz the same way ever again...

Barcode80

Quote from: GREEN FUZ on March 27, 2009, 03:43:53 PM
seriously honestly thought that was what it was until he said industrial

aChorusofJays

QuoteMakes me think of cellulitic old ladies wearing knee socks, for some reason. Must speak to my analyst about that.

Ummm, yeah, that's what i saw too. I actually though the knobs were supposed to be dancing-eyeballs or something.  :icon_eek:

That's what I get for trying to look ahead while reading another comment!

hubble

wow it does kinda look like cellulitic old ladies wearing knee socks

chi_boy

Quote from: hubble on March 27, 2009, 09:49:29 PM
wow it does kinda look like cellulitic old ladies wearing knee socks

Um...   just for the record, the 3 legged ladies aren't REALLY ladies....     :)

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page