SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomeeque

Quote from: noelgrassy on March 30, 2009, 09:57:23 AM
Quote from: Thomeeque on March 29, 2009, 07:02:17 PM
Oh, ok! Yep, those wooden triangles - leftovers after some furniture tweaks which miraculously fitted into the aluminium section (which is leftover as well ;)) - make it more sturdy and give it the right weight. I was planning to screw them both tight together with enclosure, but it turn to be sturdy enough even when they are just pushed inside (screws are there only to hold the connector tight on place).

Brilliant execution! I never would've thought to try the laterally placed blocks. I'm sure it has the proper "heft" and stability. Thanks for the assist azilt!

My pleasure ;)
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

frequencycentral

Quote from: nelson on March 30, 2009, 06:01:49 PM
Quote from: frequencycentral on March 30, 2009, 10:16:58 AM
The latest "Murder One" submini tube guitar amplifier. This one is already SOLD, I'm building a few more identical if anyone wants one before I put them on Ebay.

hahaha - you quoted RG in your selling speil - V funny!

Hahaha - someone spotted it! Well - it was such a cool line that I had to use it! Is a share of the profits to R.G. called for?  :icon_eek:
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

flo

That mini tube amp is beautiful!
That tab foot controller for the POD: Very nice!
You guys are just too cool!  8)

Nikolay

Some new stuff from N-audio:

More pictures and one video here:
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Naudio/Powerstation/

And two new boxes:

Fuzzy-Train

Holy crap! That is so professional looking it's crazy!!  :icon_eek:
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

Altec

My first effects pedal! It is a Burning Crunch with the tone stack removed. Tomorrow I plan to build a box for it, and and the bypass switch.  :icon_smile:

Then I gotta order some Log' pots, as I have Lin' pots in it right now.

If you are wondering about the stack, I removed it to make it easier for a first project, and because the way I'll be using it, right after the Burning Crunch will be a rackmount Parametric EQ that I am currently only using for the signal booster, and high/low pass filters (It is a Behringer PEQ2200). Not like it will be hard to add the stack later if I want.  :icon_smile:

Next I want to build a modified version of the Twincaster Valvecaster, with a PentaBoost in front, and maybe a diode clipping section for giggles. Then I want to build a LM386 8-Watt power amp.

Nikolay

thanks Fuzzy-Train. I try to make my stuff PRO ;)

burdt

the ugliest echobase known to mankind.  using a predrilled box i got from the pharaoh amps deal some of us took part in.  gain gain gain gain gain.  with speed holes. 

to the left is a partially cut off trotsky od.

HUBRIS

punkin

Quote from: Nikolay on April 02, 2009, 03:46:53 PM
Some new stuff from N-audio:

More pictures and one video here:
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Naudio/Powerstation/

And two new boxes:

How did you paint these? Looks like stencil work...please elaborate. I really like the finish on them...nicely done!
Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

Nikolay

^ the first one - "powerstation" text is engraved by laser.

The second two pedals are made using silkscreen. I'm not sure how is in english, but the black rough paint called somethin like "dust paint". There are a lot of colors in color table called RAL colors.
I don't make this stuff at home. I use different companyes to do that. Sometimes I make my pcb at home using iron. but sometimes I make it pro in another company.

hubble

Valoosj

Redid my BoR

Look at the LEDs.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

HopperP

Barcode80

SpencerPedals

Excellent looking build Barcode.  A Muff of some sort?

I built a secret bass fuzz pedal a while ago and finally got it boxed up in a moment of downtime from building pedals for other people. 

The skull pictured is a woolly mammoth skull.

deaconque

Just found this pic of my first build (kind of obvious what it is).  I built it quite a while ago and don't think i've even used it since.  The box looks like a raw metal box but it is actually a plastic hammond box and the paint is a silver metallic.

chi_boy

Quote from: SpencerPedals on April 04, 2009, 01:51:27 AM

Steve,

That is an interesting finish.    It almost looks like a worn out silk screen.  How did you get that appearance?
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

SpencerPedals

Quote from: chi_boy on April 04, 2009, 08:36:23 AM
Steve,

That is an interesting finish.    It almost looks like a worn out silk screen.  How did you get that appearance?

Thanks, George.  It's actually an etch.  I made the border in Photoshop from one I found and continued to make it look destroyed at the edges until I was happy, so that part is etched out.  When I did the transfer, it didn't work perfectly (I've tried photo paper and PNP and neither of my irons gets hot enough for it to work perfectly) and there were little dots that weren't covered, that I would usually touch up with a sharpie and I just didn't touch those up.  I also didn't rinse it in cool water every few minutes like usual, which allowed the reaction to get a little more feisty and added to the eroded effect.  The etch on this one, as a result, is extremely deep and textured in the places where it is etched in, which is something the photo can't really show but it looks cool in person.  This was my first attempt at an eroded looking etch and I'm really happy with the results.

jacobyjd

Here is the Trust Driver.

The original intent was to re-house my Trotsky Drive and my Rust Driver into one enclosure (both were modified for fixed gain and were my main boosters). However, after some experimentation, I ended up ditching the Rust Driver for a DOD 250.

The 2nd footswitch puts a modified Trotsky circuit in front of the 250, giving it a serious boost (the Trotsky's volume is an internal trimpot), and thus, an extra kick of volume and lots more distortion. It's almost like really raunchy...almost misbiased BMP sound with some clean frequencies bypassing the clipping stages. I love it.

Controls are Master Volume and Gain.  I wanted this beast to be as simple as it gets. I need to be able to trust it onstage :)

Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

svstee

Sometimes its great to have a superbox with 500,000 knobs and switches, but I agree with you, simple and reliably usually wins out.