News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ppatchmods

i like that alot! i built a 250 with a rat and i think the 250 is a great boost! I've used it with all kinds of pedals and amps and it is killer.
When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?

Andi

More adventures in decal use - this a less successful one! This is a transformer isolated ABY - I arrived at the design independently (honest guv) but it's pretty similar to the Geo one. There's only so many ways to wire up a buffer and an isolation transformer, I suppose. ;)

The "Gnd Lift" switch actually switches between fully isolated and linking the two output grounds with a 15-ohm resistor. A couple of people had noise problems with the fully isolated ones so I've added that on.

Barcode80

Quote from: SpencerPedals on April 04, 2009, 01:51:27 AM
Excellent looking build Barcode.  A Muff of some sort?

But of course ;) Triangle specs, stock.

mitzrecords

tube screamer 9. "blown-up" movie design

"i'm smiling 808" ts-808

stage center reverb, moses is my cat

my cat moses. i installed reverb tank in a vintage suitcase and i can put pedals inside to carry stuff too.

gtrplaya101

Here are some of my latest. Hope you like!

Processaurus

Yow, nice plexi!  How'd you chamfer the edge so nice, out of curiosity?

free electron

Almost finished, my tube/soild state/digital ultimate recording amp:

And a short sound sample of the Lead channel.

More pics & info here...

I've also completely rebuilt the HK Cream Machine into a full featured (FX loop, two line outputs, dummy load, footswitch input), two channel, 0.5W output power small guitar amp:

Sounds great! :)
Clean channel
Drive Channel

Actually, it's a hybrid circuit, i've used the high voltage mosfet as the source follower to drive the tone stack and a fetron (J201+IRF830 @ 230V DC) as the power amp driver.

~arph

holy crap  :icon_eek:

amazing job!

fuzzo

What monster  :o

(it also makes coffee ? ;D )

really impressive.

SpencerPedals

Stating the obvious but damn...that is amazing  :icon_eek:

panterica

:o

Holy crap!

*ahem*

I meant, ditto..

JFX09

CLONK

sound of jaw falling to floor

:o :o :o

Happiness is a effin' hot soldering iron

free electron

Thanks guys...
Well, with all the pauses it took me about an year to build this amp. Of course, despite the pauses i couldn't mislead Mr Murphy and the debugging took the most of the time ;)

Quote from: fuzzo on April 07, 2009, 09:03:29 AM

(it also makes coffee ? ;D )

If the coffee maker would have any kind of serial interface, no problem! ;) Or i could just install an ISD module, so the amp can tell some jokes in stanby mode ;)

~arph

Quote from: free electron on April 07, 2009, 11:10:52 AM
i could just install an ISD module, so the amp can tell some jokes in stanby mode ;)

Now that would be seriously cool  ;D

solderman

:icon_eek: Mama Mia :icon_eek:
This is the most impressive DIY project I've seen yet. My stuff is like a fart in the cosmos compered to this stuff.
the craftsmanchip in explicit

//Solderman

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

deaconque

Quote from: free electron on April 07, 2009, 08:44:09 AM
Almost finished, my tube/soild state/digital ultimate recording amp:

And a short sound sample of the Lead channel.

More pics & info here...

I've also completely rebuilt the HK Cream Machine into a full featured (FX loop, two line outputs, dummy load, footswitch input), two channel, 0.5W output power small guitar amp:

Sounds great! :)
Clean channel
Drive Channel

Actually, it's a hybrid circuit, i've used the high voltage mosfet as the source follower to drive the tone stack and a fetron (J201+IRF830 @ 230V DC) as the power amp driver.

any chance of selling a few of these?

Taylor

Free electron's stuff is just nuts. Besides all the features and complexity, just the PCB layouts and the PCBs themselves are beautiful. Having seen a few, I could pick out one of your PCBs from a line-up. The coolest part is looking at a nice, simple, compact layout, then looking closer and seeing all the SMD parts that make the layout so compact.

terminalgs

Quote from: frequencycentral on March 30, 2009, 10:16:58 AM
The latest "Murder One" submini tube guitar amplifier. This one is already SOLD, I'm building a few more identical if anyone wants one before I put them on Ebay.

cool!  that looks like a Triode Transformer unit on top,  what trans/voltage are you running?    those look like little bitty tubes,, are they some kind of 7 pin tube?

Mark Hammer

Meh.  I'm not impressed.

I'm simply....humbled.

oldschoolanalog

I just retired from DIY after seeing this.
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.