SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frequencycentral

Quote from: terminalgs on April 07, 2009, 05:12:21 PM
Quote from: frequencycentral on March 30, 2009, 10:16:58 AM
The latest "Murder One" submini tube guitar amplifier. This one is already SOLD, I'm building a few more identical if anyone wants one before I put them on Ebay.

cool!  that looks like a Triode Transformer unit on top,  what trans/voltage are you running?    those look like little bitty tubes,, are they some kind of 7 pin tube?

It's all in the link: click on the blue writing.

@ free electron: Wow! Amazing work!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

free electron

Quote from: deaconque on April 07, 2009, 01:23:39 PM
any chance of selling a few of these?
From the beginning i thought it would be too complex and thus too expensive to build this amp in more than one copy. I've used some non standard components i don't have access to (like those cool encapsulated 24V russian dpdt relays), building the next one would require to redesign all the layouts, probably custom wound power transformer and adapting the power amp to more common tube like 6V6 or EL84.
Someone would have to want the amp very BAD to make me build another one ;)

deaconque

Quote from: free electron on April 08, 2009, 08:37:27 AM
Quote from: deaconque on April 07, 2009, 01:23:39 PM
any chance of selling a few of these?
From the beginning i thought it would be too complex and thus too expensive to build this amp in more than one copy. I've used some non standard components i don't have access to (like those cool encapsulated 24V russian dpdt relays), building the next one would require to redesign all the layouts, probably custom wound power transformer and adapting the power amp to more common tube like 6V6 or EL84.
Someone would have to want the amp very BAD to make me build another one ;)

that's unfortunate.  it sounds great

SonicVI

Just finished this one up this evening. It's a Colorsound One Knob fuzz built on stripboard in one of pedalenclosures.com's blue hammered finish boxes.  The blue LED lens blends n perfectly with the paint.  This is a very cool sounding fuzz, fat and smooth, a bit low on high end though.

Altec

I like the use of the clips to hold the board!  :icon_smile:

John Lyons

Here is a Scarab / Wildcat combo I made for a guy.

There are some soundclips of the individual pedals if you click on the site link below.

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Andi

That's pretty! Is it a decal?

foxfire

Quote from: John Lyons on April 09, 2009, 11:16:17 PM

Here is a Scarab / Wildcat combo I made for a guy.

There are some soundclips of the individual pedals if you click on the site link below.

john

very cool!

juse

Quote from: Andi on April 10, 2009, 06:00:03 AM

Looks more like a .125" thick, 30 layer SMT mixed signal ATE pcb with an ENIG finish & LPI soldermask, cut to shape & mounted on the enclosure?

Andi

Aye - I spotted the chamfered edge after I posted. Doh.

Andi

I've had a busy weekend - been redoing old designs with new finishes and decals.

Also two more of the Valvesporker overdrives. I like making these.

frokost

Those are great, Andi!

Neovibe:

Andi

:D

I like that a lot.

rousejeremy

My homemade drying thing.
2 alligator clips
2 chopsticks
gravity

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

punkin

HEY! that's a great idea! I do mine in a cardboard box with a "drop-light" next to it but this is way easier. Thanks! :icon_mrgreen:
Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

Uma Floresta

Totally stole this idea from a couple of other guys here who did something similar:

The corners are hard! This is a Professor tweed, with two larger coupling caps for a kind of 5E3 Tweed Deluxe sound. I'm going to get a grill cloth decal printed out for it too, eventually. I the extra control is for the output lowpass filter.

Gregory Kollins

Quote from: rousejeremy on April 11, 2009, 06:50:31 PM
My homemade drying thing.
2 alligator clips
2 chopsticks
gravity

HAHA! AWESOME! I'm doing that on my desk lamp today! Best idea of the week. I actually never thought of using a lamp like an oven... simple. Should have thought of it.

John Lyons

Quote from: juse on April 11, 2009, 01:58:15 AM
Looks more like a .125" thick, 30 layer SMT mixed signal ATE pcb with an ENIG finish & LPI soldermask, cut to shape & mounted on the enclosure?
[/quote]

Good guess, but it IS actually a decal... :D

Andi
Nice wordage with chamfered (woodworker?)

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Andi

Quote from: John Lyons on April 11, 2009, 11:21:21 PM
Andi
Nice wordage with chamfered (woodworker?)

john

Aspiring/wannabe woodworker is probably more accurate - I'm learning slowly.

dano12