News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tehfunk

Quote from: gtudoran on April 27, 2009, 04:16:31 PM
A litte artwork :) i'm waiting for opinions.

i really like it; especially, the shadowing, it gives a nice effect. how'd you paint it?
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

SonicVI

I call this the Black and Tan. It's a blackface style optical tremolo (tremulator) and brownface style vibrato (vibra-tone). It's actually black or tan since it's one or the other.  The last pic is what the graphics will look like eventually when I get the time to get it done right.

davent

Quote from: gtudoran on April 27, 2009, 04:16:31 PM
A litte artwork :) i'm waiting for opinions.

I like it too! Might be a challenge to drill it without chipping the paint. :icon_cry: Did you use stencils/masks to create your design?

What's going inside?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

BRingoC

That black and tan looks like it's crying for a jewel light cover over that led, and can you sub a fender style on-off toggle for that chicken head lorlin switch? nice pedal idea.
Since when is 3/4 of the way up "cranked"?

SonicVI

Quote from: BRingoC on April 27, 2009, 09:06:38 PM
That black and tan looks like it's crying for a jewel light cover over that led, and can you sub a fender style on-off toggle for that chicken head lorlin switch? nice pedal idea.

I wanted to use a jewel, but there's just not enough room for it methinks.

chi_boy

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

gtudoran

davent, yes it was a kinf of sencil (i used the tehnique that i use to paint a bike tank :) is not hard at all if you whant i could show you). Now regarding the holes that it will be not so hard (i have a... i don't know how you say it in english ... is like a drammel but bigger )

As for what goes inside: a TS808 with Si/Ge options and a Dynacomp Compressor :)

Best regards,
Gabriel

Zero

Quote from: dano12 on April 27, 2009, 10:26:24 AM
10 watt class D amp. This was a beast to build :)

Dano: Wow! Really cool!
I read on your website that you're using the Tripath chip.. which seems to be easily available, rel. cheap, and well-sounding.
I've been planning to build a compact (and light!) solid-state guitar amplifier with a Class D amp as power amp for quite some time now... just as soon as I have a weekend without gigs or plans with the gf  ;)

Your listing with the different options / DIY boards to get will save me a lot of time.. thank you so much!

Still haven't decided on the pre-amp.. I've thought about a SansAmp ..  but I think I'll just go for a simple MOSFET stage.. I only want clean sounds anyway.. handle the dirt with pedals.

Once again, amazing work!

~Lorenz

p.s. "B-24 Liberator %^&*pit fuel gauge shown for size comparison"    ... had me laughing for half an hour with that one  ;D

connie_c

Quote from: SonicVI on April 27, 2009, 06:40:52 PM
I call this the Black and Tan. It's a blackface style optical tremolo (tremulator) and brownface style vibrato (vibra-tone). It's actually black or tan since it's one or the other.  The last pic is what the graphics will look like eventually when I get the time to get it done right.

you irish? if not the black and tans were a british military group that fought in ireland. there are a few good songs about them.

SonicVI

No, not Irish,  a Black and Tan is when you mix a light and a dark beer such as Guinness and Bass and they stratify into two different colors.

dano12

Quote from: Zero on April 28, 2009, 03:52:25 AM
p.s. "B-24 Liberator %^&*pit fuel gauge shown for size comparison"    ... had me laughing for half an hour with that one  ;D

Whenever I write new stuff for the sites, I am amazed that people take the time to actually wade through it.

Whenever I write a joke, it is almost always insanely funny to me, but I know that no one else will catch it.

Thanks for catching it :)

Valoosj

After some minor debugging it was finished:

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Renegadrian

Quote from: lazerphea on April 26, 2009, 12:58:56 PM
My first pedal ever... a MXR Distortion+ in a Malboro hard case :)

Nice!" Good to see other italians here...And nice idea too...
My Rocket Boost...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

bean

Here's a custom wah I started a few months ago. The circuit was based around notes from fuzzcentral. It has controls for frequency, peak and volume, although the freq control is really the only useful one. It's pretty vocal even with the stock Crybaby inductor. I plan to replace that with another inductor at some point. I picked up a funky 4uf electro cap from a local supplier so I included that in the build. It has an MPSA18 for buffering and 2n2222 for the gain stages.

Oh yeah, it's called the "Weener Wah"  :)

Focalized

That WAH is great. Huge cap! Wait, where's the inductor? Not one in there I've seen.

Focalized

Fuzz Face and Sparkle Boost. LEDs to be added maybe.

Two Big Muffs. Yellow General Guitar Gadgets specs (superior). Silver Rams Head spec.

Insanekane

I did try to do swirls by old fashion way, but all I got was a huge mess and colorful fingertips.  :D
So I tried reverse etching and at least I'm happy with the results  :)

Slade

Quote from: Insanekane on April 29, 2009, 07:09:15 AM
I did try to do swirls by old fashion way, but all I got was a huge mess and colorful fingertips.  :D
So I tried reverse etching and at least I'm happy with the results  :)

Great work!!! Congratulations, very good idea! Could I use it? ;D
That looks just beautiful. Excellent etch work! Look mine on www.ruzguitargear.tk  ;)

dap9

Hey guys.  I don't post here often, but lurk constantly.  Here are some builds I've done that I'd like to share.  Nothing special, but fun projects.

First up is an 808 clone w/ a "boutique" boost clone.  I used the GGG board and modded values based on the GGG instructions.  The center switch is a "Flipper" that allows you to switch the order of the circuits so you can have the 808 -> Boost or Boost-> 808.

This is a BYOC OD2.  Pretty straight forward, but I added a switch on the side to add extra diode clipping options.  So now when the stock switch is in the Diode setting, the new On-On-On DPDT switch has 3 different options.  I socketed them so I can swap them out.  The guts shot was before it was finished.  The offboard wiring of the "diode board" is now flat and allows for easy access to the diodes for swapping.

Also, this was my first attempt at painting.  Not perfect, but good enough.  The wife did the writing:

SonicVI

My first screen printed graphics!