News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegadrian

Quote from: dap9 on April 29, 2009, 09:53:57 AM
... The center switch is a "Flipper" that allows you to switch the order of the circuits so you can have the 808 -> Boost or Boost-> 808....

Mind to share the wiring of that switch?!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

dap9

Quote from: Renegadrian on April 29, 2009, 11:06:28 AM
Quote from: dap9 on April 29, 2009, 09:53:57 AM
... The center switch is a "Flipper" that allows you to switch the order of the circuits so you can have the 808 -> Boost or Boost-> 808....

Mind to share the wiring of that switch?!

Sure, a fine fella who goes by Amp Surgeon drew this up for me.  I wired it to the 3PDTs footswitches, but can't remember exactly what I did.  I'm sure people will figure it out easily enough.  It only took me a few tries, lol.

Insanekane

Quote from: Slade on April 29, 2009, 09:22:20 AM
Quote from: Insanekane on April 29, 2009, 07:09:15 AM
I did try to do swirls by old fashion way, but all I got was a huge mess and colorful fingertips.  :D
So I tried reverse etching and at least I'm happy with the results  :)
Great work!!! Congratulations, very good idea! Could I use it? ;D
That looks just beautiful. Excellent etch work! Look mine on www.ruzguitargear.tk  ;)

Thanks  :)
You have good looking etches too.
Sure you can use the idea. Perhaps a multicolor swirly rev. etch??  ::)

disto

I dont really like swirl pedals but this is amazing, how did you create the patterns before etching?

Insanekane

Quote from: disto on April 29, 2009, 01:49:15 PM

I dont really like swirl pedals but this is amazing, how did you create the patterns before etching?

I found some swirl patterns and edited them by photoshop to fit my needs.

itsmekeuh

Here are two of my humble attempts...
Some minor mistakes when I designed the grapics , but it is still ok for me.
First 3 pics are an Easy Vibe and the last 3 a Thor.

EasyVibe:

Thor:

Valoosj

Yeah, Belgians do make some fine stompboxes  ;D
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

~arph

slacker

Indeed they do  :)

Renegadrian

Valoosj

We've got a couple 100 more of those ;)

And lets not forget about the chocolates!
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

SonicVI

or their sprouts.

Nitefly182

Forcedfire's Magnus Modulus.

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Nitefly182

Renegadrian

A couple of the latest - I don't build so much those last months  :icon_sad:

FUZZ FACE

I never built the FF so I said "hey I have to!!!" so here it is...I wanted to make it look good, so I chose those python look, actually it's decoupage paper glued on - no snakes harmed in the making...
It houses a couple of BC108C, a LOT of gain, but can be easily tamed down with the gain pot or the volume on the guitar, it also cleans up more than I thought...And yes, I soldered two res in series to get the value needed...you can clearly see it...
Altough it's not my cup of tea, it's a good effect and not so difficult to build...

TUBE SCREAMER - TS808

A customer asked me to build one inside the enclosure he had - As above, I never built a TS so I said "hey I have to!!!"
It was a PITA to house 3 pots, jacks, battery, power jack, switch and millenium bypass + LED. Tetris anyone?!  :icon_lol:
I played with it for a whole afternoon waiting for him...It's a GREAT effect with the right settings, say gain and tone at a little less half way, as you see in the picture (the other at different setting is the LEVEL)...INSTANT SRV!!! but turn a little the tone and you get either a cut bassy sound or a "nails on a chalkboard" high sound...But you know, so much components for what I found to be a one trick pony...IMHO You surely can get similar sounds with simpler circuits...

Nitefly182

Sody54

Finally getting around to doing the box art on a few of my builds.  Russian Big Muff, Rangemaster with a fat switch (makes a big difference between single coil and HB), Dr. Quack (GGG board_ build), relabel of my original issue Small Stone.  That little bit of vintage silk screening that was left is hard to get off!!!  I know the "Small Stone" font isn't right, but it's the closest I could find with a week of searching.  I think I looked at about 5000 different fonts.  They all start looking the same after a while!!!!  :icon_rolleyes:

All artwork is done in Adobe Illustrator and is printed on inkjet transparency film cleared with 4 coats of Krylon Crystal Clear.  Still need to put about 6 more coats on each to try and blend the edges better.

caress

Quote from: Valoosj on April 28, 2009, 08:59:02 AM
After some minor debugging it was finished:

Looks great!

Can you tell me more about this? Which circuit is it and whats the min & max delay time range like?