News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeH

Ah, I see...

Yeah, the tubes were total bunk- I mean just crap.  Not totally surprised though, since they were no-names.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: DWBH on May 06, 2009, 04:44:32 PM
No stompswitch?

Don't ask me why, bit I did it as the costumer asked for it. Tried to convince him of that a stompswitch would be a better idea - but no chance. Weird, isn't? An alpha dpdt would have easily fit.

Regards

WLTerry

Quote from: ocg on May 04, 2009, 03:18:09 AM
A bluesbreaker in a metal enclosure "ala" fulltone...

yeah, a little bit messy

...and how it sounds?:
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7531163&q=lo

Dude!! looks awesome.  Simple, nice and neat. After all the efford an hard work, you deserve it. Congrats!

Quote from: JKowalski on May 05, 2009, 12:06:20 AM
Okay - I gotta ask you too. I absolutely LOVE those style of enclosures, which is why I asked yeeshkul about his. Where did you get yours?

Hopefully online!  :icon_biggrin:

This enclosure is custom made from a local metal-worker, in OCG's country (OCG and I live in the same city).

JKowalski

Quote from: WLTerry on May 07, 2009, 12:53:23 AM
This enclosure is custom made from a local metal-worker, in OCG's country (OCG and I live in the same city).

NOoooooooo!!!!    :icon_cry:

How much does he sell them for? Do you think he'll be willing to ship?

Valoosj

Quote from: JKowalski on May 07, 2009, 01:13:17 AM

Maplin has some similar enclosures.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

gtudoran

Almost finished ... a little bit of letters and that would be all.

Best regards,
Gabriel

EA Tremolo with a couple of mods... and a chip in the paintwork.

Taylor

Quote from: 1878 on May 07, 2009, 04:13:14 PM

Your only choice is seppuku.

:icon_wink: It's just a chip in the paint! No big deal, right?

davent

Nice one! Nice clean execution of parts layout and design. How do you paint white without getting little flecks of dark dust showing in the finish ???

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

MarcoMike

I like big EDIT:butts and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny! I even like enclosures with big potentiometer actuators...
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

That means something quite different where I come from...

nosamiam

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on May 06, 2009, 05:14:25 PM
Quote from: DWBH on May 06, 2009, 04:44:32 PM
No stompswitch?

Don't ask me why, bit I did it as the costumer asked for it. Tried to convince him of that a stompswitch would be a better idea - but no chance. Weird, isn't? An alpha dpdt would have easily fit.

Regards

Is he maybe paraplegic? No need for a stompswitch if you can't stomp!

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: MarcoMike on May 07, 2009, 04:52:37 PM

I like big knobs and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny!

Actually, I think a lot of brothers would deny!

(In Britain a knob is your manhood)
Try a little tenderness.

MarcoMike

my bad... :P but this was not fair!! can we introduce a slang warning/corrector please?!
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

JKowalski

Quote from: Valoosj on May 07, 2009, 05:16:53 AM

Maplin has some similar enclosures.

Thanks for the tip, but I took a look and they just ain't the same. For one thing, the only nice stompbox size is way too deep for my tastes (and sold out). The other major problem is that those boxes are flush on all sides - what I like about these boxes is that overhanging top piece on either end.

Quote from: gtudoran on May 07, 2009, 01:22:07 PM
Almost finished ... a little bit of letters and that would be all.

I like how you made these! The raised controls, the LED on the slope, it all looks really good. Kudos!

WLTerry

I dunno if this guy made shippings to overseas, I lost his e-mail address but maybe OCG have it and he can give it to you and you can ask him directly. Small custom made boxes for pedals costs between 6$ to 8$ (depends pretty much of the size). Those boxes are really sturdy, but I prefer the die cast aluminium boxes.

For example, here is my power supply with 8 isolated outputs: 5 of 9VDC @ 80mA, the rest are of 9, 15 and 18VDC @150mA, transformers are custom made. The design idea came from Geofex' Spyder, the layout is my own design. I used a box made from this same guy... Here are some pics:

And my DIY Pedals, from left to right: TS-808, BSIAB2, Dr Boogey, Small Clone and the EA Tremolo, and of course the Power Supply. I also have a Phase90 and the ADA Flanger from Moosapotamus, but not shown in the pic.

bbmonster

Quote from: WLTerry on May 07, 2009, 10:44:16 PM

Curious to what is the writing on the board is, "No Moleste...."

JKowalski

Oh. I didn't see that you live in Peru!

I guess I'll forget about it then. Thanks for answering.

I need to make myself a power supply sometime... Did you hand wind those transformers, or have them custom made for you?

juse

Quote from: yeeshkul on May 06, 2009, 11:49:09 AM

my new wah, with The Whipple, panasonic low voltage and aluminium-polystyrene caps. Also i bought a handfull of 4.7u caps and picked one that had 4uF :). The tolerance helps a lot here, haha. Not happy with Hot Potz II though, that one is gona be fired soon.

I hear ya on the 4uF cap saga. I finally tracked some down.... they are kinda big, but hey - there's plenty of room in a wah shell.

Andi

A handful more recent builds. I've not quite worked out colour matching a decal to a base paint colour.