SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noelgrassy

Quote from: updrumr on May 12, 2009, 08:54:33 PM
Here's my latest creation...

No guts yet,   just mocked up with pots, switch, LED, and jacks.
My bro, does the circuits.

Nice composition updrumr!
This reminds me of an FX I did with every piece of mojeaux I could find on my floor. I used curly Maple, snakeskin Tolex,
Red MOTS, White MOTS and Purple Tolex.Remember, it was the 90s and I had no idea the "Civil War" BM Pi would
eventually become so lauded upon. A buddy gave it to me and it was alreadymissing the top plate and original knobs.
This old boy still sounds killer with a lap steel plugged into it.
The audience definitely gets their screwface on when I start playing because it's just so "La Grange-meets-La Muerte" sounding!

"Of the demonstrably wise there are but two: those who commit suicide, and those who keep their reasoning faculties atrophied by drink." Mark TwGL

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: solderman on May 15, 2009, 06:28:15 PM
Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on May 15, 2009, 04:51:29 PM
@ Solderman:Thank yor for you kind words!:) For me it does sound like that. Even more synthish than the MXR Blue Box. Search für the Slacktave MKII here - you should be able to finde some soundclips of it. Though mine does sound a little different due to some minor mods/subs.
@Taylor:Thank you as well!
But no, it's something that's related to the slacktave nature. The LEDs are driven by pin 4 of the 4024 ripple counter. For further details have a look here: http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/slackers-stuff/album170/slacktavemkII.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Regards
Helge
Found it, liked it, gonna build it. Fits in a 1590A. Wats more to say  ;D (green ringer and blue box ...hit the wall)
Might call it PacMan or Donkey Kong

Yeahha! If you gonna do that PM me. I think its possible but unfortunetly I'm not that handy in routing things. Though I think 3 pots and 3 switches might be a little bit too tough. But I know you're the man, who fits all into a "A".:)

Regards
Helge

solderman

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on May 16, 2009, 06:51:15 AM
Quote from: solderman on May 15, 2009, 06:28:15 PM
Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on May 15, 2009, 04:51:29 PM
@ Solderman:Thank yor for you kind words!:) For me it does sound like that. Even more synthish than the MXR Blue Box. Search für the Slacktave MKII here - you should be able to finde some soundclips of it. Though mine does sound a little different due to some minor mods/subs.
@Taylor:Thank you as well!
But no, it's something that's related to the slacktave nature. The LEDs are driven by pin 4 of the 4024 ripple counter. For further details have a look here: http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/slackers-stuff/album170/slacktavemkII.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Regards
Helge
Found it, liked it, gonna build it. Fits in a 1590A. Wats more to say  ;D (green ringer and blue box ...hit the wall)
Might call it PacMan or Donkey Kong

Yeahha! If you gonna do that PM me. I think its possible but unfortunetly I'm not that handy in routing things. Though I think 3 pots and 3 switches might be a little bit too tough. But I know you're the man, who fits all into a "A".:)

Regards
Helge

Well, the challenge lies in beeting the odds  ;D
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Bensnap

Some recent builds of mine.

Cash Money Commie... A booster along with a modified Trotsky.

Montezuma build #2 with a input cap switch.

Repainted first build. Its a Thor kit form OLC.  Sprayed too thick of a coat on once and baked it a 125. It bubbled up and I popped the bubbles. Liked the way it looked so i did it a few more times.

"It's too bad that whole families have to be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs"-Jack Handy

GREEN FUZ

Where did you get the knobs in the last build? I had an identical pair I was going to use for a specific pedal but the cat hid one of them somewhere and she wont tell.

Mike Burgundy

Not sure if this the exact one, but guitar knobs look *great* on pedals - see below. I think smallbear has them too.
hih

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Knobs/Dome_knobs/1/Dome_Knob/Pictures.html#details

GREEN FUZ

Close but no prize  ;D.

The ones I had/have are cheap plastic knock-offs of the telecaster knob. The knurls are deeper and sharper than the tele style ones. Yeah I know, I`m fussy. And cheap.

Andi

Two prototyping enclosures:

I'll be building the guts tomorrow.

Jaco P.

Tube Screamer TS808 & TS9

Noisy Cricket Mark II:

Digital Delay PT-80

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

earthtonesaudio

Quote from: Bensnap on May 16, 2009, 12:42:54 PM
Some recent builds of mine.

Cash Money Commie... A booster along with a modified Trotsky.

The logo/name is genius.  Obnoxious, ironic and more than a little dorky, but that's my favorite kind!

Bensnap

Quote from: GREEN FUZ on May 16, 2009, 01:15:01 PM
Where did you get the knobs in the last build? I had an identical pair I was going to use for a specific pedal but the cat hid one of them somewhere and she wont tell.
Got some used guitar knobs from my local repair guy.

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on May 16, 2009, 10:55:49 PM

The logo/name is genius.  Obnoxious, ironic and more than a little dorky, but that's my favorite kind!

Thanks, I tried for a while to get the hammer and sickles to line up better to form a dollar sign.
"It's too bad that whole families have to be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs"-Jack Handy

nosamiam

Magnus Modulus

White epoxy enamel (good stuff, no primer necessary), orange paint was spraypaint done w/stencil, outline and lettering done freehand with black paint marker, two clearcoats. Hand lettering is scary! You can't erase mistakes!

Works fine except LED's aren't hooked up. They're just for show until I can get some new ones that I like.

Renegadrian

8 knobs 2 switches 2 footswitches and 3 leds--- :icon_eek:
Should be a endless nightmare to wire up...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

solderman

Quote from: nosamiam on May 17, 2009, 10:50:34 PM

Magnus Modulus

White epoxy enamel (good stuff, no primer necessary), orange paint was spraypaint done w/stencil, outline and lettering done freehand with black paint marker, two clearcoats. Hand lettering is scary! You can't erase mistakes!

Works fine except LED's aren't hooked up. They're just for show until I can get some new ones that I like.
Nice looking and a lot of controlls. What does it do exept blip  ;D
Looks like the of spring from a Tremulus Lune that has mated with a delay of some kind  :icon_question:
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Barcode80

don't remember which forum it's on, but the magnus modulus is a pt2399 delay project being worked on in one of them.

Slade

Second Beast Face (my modified fuzz face design):

Greetings!

danielzink

Danelectro Tuna Melt Re-house:

Dan

mills

I'm curious, those white connectors on the rainbow of wires in the tuna melt...  Could anyone tell me what they're called and possibly where to find some (probably mouser, but I've always had trouble navigating their stocklist, especially without knowing where to start for something like that).

Thanks

nosamiam

Quote from: solderman on May 18, 2009, 06:32:34 AM
[quote author=nosamiam link=topic=36392.msg625815#msg625815 date=1242615034

Magnus Modulus

Nice looking and a lot of controlls. What does it do exept blip  ;D
Looks like the of spring from a Tremulus Lune that has mated with a delay of some kind  :icon_question:

[/quote]

Yep, that's pretty much it. LFO from a Tremulus Lune with a PT2399 for delay line. LFO modulates amplitude and/or delay time via toggle switch. Google search will pull up the project and some Youtube clips.