News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jstack

Nice F-2B andrew! I love mine!! How low is your noise floor using a p2p scheme?
I found the layout from moosapotamus to be pretty good (with a few slight differences)

Renegadrian

jstack, is yours a f-2b too?!

Those last tube projects are all f.ckin good - you guys rock!  :icon_cool:
Gotta take my tubes out, it's been a while I don't build something tubey...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

bluesdevil

Damn, those are some nice looking builds on that last page. Makes me feel embarrassed to post anymore of mine!
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

kurtlives

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

DWBH

Vaum

Is that what the Trinity kit is shipping with now, or are those your own parts upgrades?

kurtlives

Quote from: Vaum on July 15, 2009, 07:58:18 PM
Is that what the Trinity kit is shipping with now, or are those your own parts upgrades?
I only bought the chassis, eyelet and transformers off them. All other parts I sourced out or had in my stash.

Belton sockets
Carling switches
Switchcraft jacks
PEC 2W Pots
Orange Drop 716
Sprage Electrolytics
1W NOS Carbon Comps (for plate resistors)
1W Carbon films
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

andrew_k

jstack: Very quiet. Between the DC heaters and the separate power supply, I'd really have to stuff the lead dress to make it noisy ;) I was very careful about grid leads and ground current. Ideally the volume pot's ground connection would be closer to the input than the second triode's cathode resistor/bypass ground, but it didn't bother me enough to route the grounding scheme differently.
I haven't had a chance to do any measurements; I might get it up on the scope this weekend and see how much gain etc it has.

Ripthorn: jeebus! Very nice. But this is a technical forum, we want gutshots!!   ;)

JasonG

I am having problems posting pictures. It looks like the forum is now using the same system that other forums use. A drop box with a search window. The help menu said

Attachments
If enabled, this feature allows you to attach files to your posts in much the same way as most email clients, so you simply have to browse to the relevant file(s) on your computer before clicking Post. You can delete your attachment(s) or add more by modifying your post, but please note that:

The permitted file types and sizes are set by the forum administrator(s).
Although most forums are likely be configured to display attached images as part of the post, it's not possible to preview attachments so you should always browse to and attach your files just before you finally post your message.

Do I need to be put on the permitted list ? I am not getting the search window button. Or should I get a hosting account and take another route ?
Class A booster , Dod 250 , Jfet booster, Optical Tremolo, Little Gem 2,  mosfet boost, Super fuzz , ESP stand alone spring reverb red Llama omni-drive , splitter blender ,

NEVER use gorilla glue for guitar repairs! It's Titebond , Elmers, or Superglue

jacobyjd

I use tinypic.com

Host your picture there, then post the direct link of the picture.

Make sure to use the image tags (). That way the forum doesn't have to host the bandwidth.
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

JasonG

Cool thanks! I had been holding out on getting another account but, that's life.1 Modded Pb&J--I swore I would not mess with delays. I am glad I did it looks better and has functions I would never find on any other delay. 2 splitter blend -- that things never going to leave my pedal board 3 sho boost 4 Chorus in need of board 5 the sweet spot dying battery simulator and passive volume attenuator 6 black llama --I was going to sell to a friend then he back out.

Class A booster , Dod 250 , Jfet booster, Optical Tremolo, Little Gem 2,  mosfet boost, Super fuzz , ESP stand alone spring reverb red Llama omni-drive , splitter blender ,

NEVER use gorilla glue for guitar repairs! It's Titebond , Elmers, or Superglue

Ripthorn

@Andrew_k: I will get some gutshots, I have to take the cab apart to do so, but no biggy.  Let me warn you guys that the thing is a mess and it's a miracle it's so quiet. ;D
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

Valoosj

Popeye Boost 'n Buff

Double loop + inverter

Next up: Piggly wiggly vibe.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Br4d13y

whats up woth the "a song for our fathers" written in there?  my jazz combo played that song for a concert ???
freedom is the freedom to say 2+2=4

Ripthorn

Okay, as promised, here are the gut shots.  Before you look at them:

WARNING!!!!

The following photographs may be considered extremely offensive by some people (such as Rick Holt and his beautiful work).  Some people make beautiful music with beautiful circuits.  I make (debatably) beautiful music with dang ugly circuits.  Sorry to make it even more painful and have them so big.  Here ya go:

The Big Picture

Power Supply

Switching Board

Voltage multiplier (+/- 17V from a single TC1044)
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

Nitefly182

Quote from: Br4d13y on July 16, 2009, 08:38:28 PM
whats up woth the "a song for our fathers" written in there?  my jazz combo played that song for a concert ???

Im guessing they were the songs playing when he finished the pedal.

juse

andrew_k

Quote from: Ripthorn on July 16, 2009, 09:28:20 PM
Okay, as promised, here are the gut shots.

Oh my.   :o  :D

you are very lucky it's so quiet!!!

Valoosj

Quote from: Nitefly182 on July 16, 2009, 10:54:58 PM

Im guessing they were the songs playing when he finished the pedal.

Correct. I got that idea from kurtlives. A nice way to make people have a listen to postrock.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

gmr1

You're likely thinking of "Song for My Father" by Horace Silver (intro riff borrowed for Steely Dan's "Rikki Don't Lose that Number").

"A Song For Our Fathers" is an Explosions in the Sky song.

Actually would work quite well done by a jazz group, so maybe I'm wrong...