News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintstoned

Thanx! no gut shots (nothing pretty in there!)
I forgot what I was gonna say here.

monkeyman

Here's a Rebote 2.5 that I just got around to labeling. It sounds amazing! Very smooth and versatile, and capable of clicking oscillation and all sorts of other goodness.

darron

Quote from: monkeyman on July 20, 2009, 12:13:11 AM
Here's a Rebote 2.5 that I just got around to labeling. It sounds amazing! Very smooth and versatile, and capable of clicking oscillation and all sorts of other goodness.

BRILLIANT job inside and out!!!
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

BAARON

That rebote is SICK.  I hate perfboarding projects that are that big/complex - I usually just spend the extra $20 and buy the PCB so I can save a few hours.

Where are those knobs from?  I'm a sucker for machined aluminum knobs... they're so '70s hifi!
B. Aaron Ennis
If somebody makes a mistake, help them understand what went wrong.  Show them how to do it right.  Be helpful.  Don't just say "you're wrong, moron."

BRingoC

Nice work on the perf!
Since when is 3/4 of the way up "cranked"?

kurtlives

Quote from: BAARON on July 20, 2009, 01:02:15 AM
That rebote is SICK.  I hate perfboarding projects that are that big/complex - I usually just spend the extra $20 and buy the PCB so I can save a few hours.

Where are those knobs from?  I'm a sucker for machined aluminum knobs... they're so '70s hifi!
Smallbear sells those knobs. I got some recently from them.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

frokost

Hotrodded Vox Wah:

IMHO, nothing cries for a light emitting border as a wah, where there is no logical place to add an LED. Kind of looks like a car :) :

space_ryerson

Nice! I've been thinking of adding an LED to my VOX wah, and was pondering how to do it. You've just answered my question!

azrael

Quote from: frokost on July 20, 2009, 04:01:50 PM
Hotrodded Vox Wah:

IMHO, nothing cries for a light emitting border as a wah, where there is no logical place to add an LED. Kind of looks like a car :) :

Moar info. How was it done? :D

liddokun

Quote from: azrael on July 20, 2009, 06:49:57 PM
Quote from: frokost on July 20, 2009, 04:01:50 PM
Hotrodded Vox Wah:

Moar info. How was it done? :D
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=66840.0

To those about to rock, we salute you.

frokost

Thanks! I've been wanting to do this for a while. This was very popular around a year ago, because of this excellent tutorial: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=66840.0

The French connection

Nice Wah, i dig those led border thing, i should try it someday. It's been a while since i've build something so...here's my Little Secret project.

Thanks!

Dan

I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

biggy boy

Dan
That looks great, nice job on the graphics man :icon_cool:

aziltz

is that a freq. central transparency technique?

The French connection

Quote from: biggy boy on July 20, 2009, 08:18:05 PM
Dan
That looks great, nice job on the graphics man :icon_cool:

Thanks!

Quote from: aziltz on July 20, 2009, 09:13:50 PM
is that a freq. central transparency technique?

Nope! I've used sticky transparent paper and just clear coat it alone before (for protection) and stick it on the plain box. It hold in place very well tough. Maybe i should clearcoat the entire box but i'm tired of those clearcoating process... :icon_evil:

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

Dragonfly

I just completed this one. Due to some health issues,  I can't sit over a soldering iron for any length or time these days, so it's not nearly as "neat and tidy" as my old builds were, but it works fine and sounds great. There are a couple changes I'll make if I build another of these in the future, but overall it's pretty cool sounding. Kinda a hybrid between "classic fuzz" and "synthy fuzz". I want to extend the range of the tone switch a bit, though I think the changes will be more evident with single coils...all I have at the house is a Les Paul type guitar that I built.

SOUND CLIP ( excuse the sloppy playing)
In the clip I'm changing the tone switch as well as turning the texture knob to get some different fuzz sounds.

On to the pictures...

oliphaunt

There are some wonderful things in this thread. Here's my own attempt at something new (to me).  It's basically a Son of Screamer with a SWTC tone control instead of the active tone control.  I changed a lot of component values trying to adjust the midrange and overall frequency response, and it definitely sounds bit different than a typical Tube Screamer.  The diodes are switchable (an afterthought, thus the daughterboard), silicone and germanium.  Oddly the germanium sound the closest to a stock TS, the silicone are tighter and punchier, especially at low gain.  "Mojo" carbon comps used whenever I had them, just because I think it looks cool.

My intention was to house this in a seafoam green enclosure.  I ordered one pre-painted but it came looking more like olive drab, so I went with white with green sparkle in the paint.  It still looks nice.

omarvolta

Trauko Overdrive(modified umble) with dual master/volume controls.

Dr. Boogey with dual volume control.

kurtlives

Haven't built any pedals in quite a few months. Hit that fifty or so mile mark and took a break, just didn't feel like building, got bored with pedals, decided to work on amps more. Anyways built a few new pedals the last few days, really happy with them all.

Tonesource:
This is a Doug Hammond design, it's a low overdrive/boost. Adds a nice bit of grit, lots of tonal options with the voice and tone controls. I really like this one. Perfect low gain unit for my Blackface amps. I have built a TON of overdrives and this is easily in the top 5.

Rat:
Should have built this one long ago. I loved it on the breadboard and found lots of great mods while it was on the board. Took me forever to get it in a box. Some of the mods on this one include, higher input impedance, lube control that can be turned on or off, switchable hard clipping, switchable soft clipping in the feedback loop, tantalum coupling for a much clearer sound. The tantalum, metal film, silver mica caps/resistors really helped bring out the clarity and life to this unit. Very versatile. The clipping switches are on-off-on so you can disable one clipping section when using the other, or have no clipping at all.

Four Knob Compressor:
This is just a tweaked Ross compressor basically. Mods and ideas taken from the Keeley and BYOC compressor. All metal film resistors, silver mica, poly film and tantalum caps. A really great compressor, my favourite.

The Big Dirty:
This is another Doug Hammond design, Highway 89. It's supposed to emulate the DrZ Route 66. It's a solid pedal, kinda high gain for me. Still need to experiment with it but it is a cool pedal.

Kinda odd, four pedals, each four knobs each...
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

aChorusofJays

Quote from: kurtlives on July 21, 2009, 12:43:22 PM
Rat:

Were you really listening to the Sex Pistols while building pedals? If so +1.

I love my Rat, so much more dynamic than that DS-1 I was rocking before (but I still got DS-1 love...).