Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deaconque

Quote from: markeebee on August 17, 2009, 11:43:17 AM
Quote from: Volkmar on August 16, 2009, 12:42:23 PM
Hello!
It's my new project
Tube amp - Fender Twin preamp type, output power ~ 5w, Cabinet with Celestion G12H

[

That's very lovely.

What valves are you using? 
And how did you legend the front panel?
And, most of all, does the pressing iron get hot enough on the filament voltage?

only on the cotton setting  ;)

nosamiam

Os Mutantes Fuzz with switchable transistors. I haven't figured out which transistors to use yet. The ones in it are noisy as all hell.

Acrylic resin over overhead transparency. My first time using either of those techniques. Works pretty well and really durable!

Oh, and I don't know if you can make them out in the pics, but I found clear LED bezels at my local shop. I'd never seen them before, but they're less of an eyesore than other ones I've seen and used.

akc1973

Here's the first pedal I've built that I'm really happy with (sound-wise). Deluxe Bazz Fuss using an MPSA14 Darlington and knobs I salvaged from an old PYE 3-in-1 stereo someone left out on the street on hard-rubbish collection day. I'm also proud of it because this year has been hard for me battling some personal demons...having sorted myself out I can actually concentrate and build things  :)

Builds: Bazz Fuss, Orange Squeezer, Omega, Green Ringer, Dist+, X-Fuzz

solderman

Quote from: akc1973 on August 18, 2009, 09:19:02 AM
Here's the first pedal I've built that I'm really happy with (sound-wise). Deluxe Bazz Fuss using an MPSA14 Darlington and knobs I salvaged from an old PYE 3-in-1 stereo someone left out on the street on hard-rubbish collection day. I'm also proud of it because this year has been hard for me battling some personal demons...having sorted myself out I can actually concentrate and build things  :)

Good to hear. Welcome back in all senses.
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

cathexis

Quote from: Nitefly182 on August 16, 2009, 05:22:33 PM
Easyvibe w/ Lera

Beautiful! Nice to see a working build of one of my vero layouts. I wish my own wiring was that nice, though...
LARS

Nitefly182

Quote from: cathexis on August 18, 2009, 03:36:51 PM
Easyvibe w/ Lera

Beautiful! Nice to see a working build of one of my vero layouts. I wish my own wiring was that nice, though...
LARS

Thanks! I kind of want to build more of them because theyre so huge and awesome but I dont have vero big enough for anything other than the easyvibe.

solderman

Easyvibe w/ Lera

Hi
Nice build. One of my favorite effects. Come to think about is all John Hollis stuff is grate.
A question though. How do you prevent the LED's to spread light among the "other" LDR:s? Although all LED's flash simultaneously they might spread the light unevenly over the LDR's and thereby effect the sound.   
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

ACS

Echo Base - thanks loads to Ian for a great design and for all the help as well :)

nosamiam

Wow, that board is TIGHT! Nice job!

roseblood11

What a poor man! He has six daughters and no money to buy them underwear...   :(

...Nice built!!!

jacobyjd

I still can't get over how much the guy on the left in the 'Wish You Were Here' pic looks like my dad. It's freaky.
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

akc1973

Quote from: solderman on August 18, 2009, 11:19:44 AM
Quote from: akc1973 on August 18, 2009, 09:19:02 AM

Good to hear. Welcome back in all senses.

Thanks, solderman!!
Builds: Bazz Fuss, Orange Squeezer, Omega, Green Ringer, Dist+, X-Fuzz

Heemis

Quote from: ACS on August 19, 2009, 07:00:29 AM
Echo Base - thanks loads to Ian for a great design and for all the help as well :)

That's an impressive PCB!  Also, where do you get those knobs?

Al Heeley

Maplins in the UK sell a few different sizes of those knobs. Great build and nice to see the Pink floyd Girly pic again :)

JKowalski

Quote from: solderman on August 19, 2009, 04:47:12 AM

Hi
Nice build. One of my favorite effects. Come to think about is all John Hollis stuff is grate.
A question though. How do you prevent the LED's to spread light among the "other" LDR:s? Although all LED's flash simultaneously they might spread the light unevenly over the LDR's and thereby effect the sound.   

Usually people put heatshrink tubing around the LED/LDR pair. It's probably blocks about... 50% of the light?

I have always wanted to set up a method of molding plastic at my house. There are all kinds of things I would love to make, and maybe even sell.

LED/LDR combos are one of them, and I think there would be a market for cheap (1-2 dollar?) LDR/LED combos inside a light blocking durable plastic shell, like the vactrols.

I also have been wanting to make a millineum bypass module - three lead (power, switch, LED) tiny plastic package, since I use it so much and I am sure many of you do as well?

What do you guys think?

Carlos electronic

Hi!! this is my first pedal: MXR distorcion + ;D

Bye..!! ;)

slacker

Nice :) I take it that's before you hacked it to add the new input buffer, bet it doesn't look so pretty now  :icon_twisted:

ACS

Quote from: slacker on August 19, 2009, 03:14:46 PM

Nice :) I take it that's before you hacked it to add the new input buffer, bet it doesn't look so pretty now  :icon_twisted:

Hahah, yes - definitely not quite so nice, but I managed to get the whole of the new i/o section on to a piece of (I think) 7x10 or 8x12 (or something like that!) perf, which I was very pleased with :)

Knobs are just cheapies from Jaycar, a 'Maplin-esque' shop here in Aus.

PCB is anonymousfacelesscoward's second, tighter one - man, it is TIGHT!!  Getting the 1uF NP in there in particular was fun...

I wasn't happy with some of the gaps between traces, and also, it was a bit pixellated for my liking, so I ray-traced it to clean it up, then tweaked it to make it a little more funky!  Here it is prior to populating...

musiclikscreams

Carlos electronic where'd u get those knobs?