News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

punkin

Sexy...I really like the big LEDs. I've been thinking to put a Fender jewel cover with a high intensity LED on my next build.
Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

darron

Quote from: Ripthorn on August 22, 2009, 07:44:55 PM
So are those enclosures painted metal or actual wood?  I have read about feathering tricks for making other materials look like wood, and the material looks rather thin to be structurally sound wood.
they are metal with a wood grain texture. i used a very fine small wire brush in a dremel style tool.

similar to this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Simulated-woodgrain-for-metal-boxes/
except i powder coated them to make them more durable.

thanks andrew. hoped you'd like them (:
they are at my brother's now, i'll try to make a trip to pick them up and then i reckon we need to do a mini jam on them.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

andrew_k

Quote from: darron on August 22, 2009, 10:31:27 PM
i'll try to make a trip to pick them up and then i reckon we need to do a mini jam on them.

Ooooh yeah.  :icon_twisted:

zeta55

Now that is a nice looking pedal, great photograph. Very impressive :icon_eek:
Now, how did you do the graphics?

/Krister

Quote from: darron on August 22, 2009, 07:13:53 PM
i was going to wait before i had some sample videos up before posting these... but my brother sent me some nice shots last night and i can't wait!

Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

carrejans

Quote from: darron on August 22, 2009, 10:31:27 PM
Quote from: Ripthorn on August 22, 2009, 07:44:55 PM
So are those enclosures painted metal or actual wood?  I have read about feathering tricks for making other materials look like wood, and the material looks rather thin to be structurally sound wood.
they are metal with a wood grain texture. i used a very fine small wire brush in a dremel style tool.

similar to this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Simulated-woodgrain-for-metal-boxes/
except i powder coated them to make them more durable.

thanks andrew. hoped you'd like them (:
they are at my brother's now, i'll try to make a trip to pick them up and then i reckon we need to do a mini jam on them.

Very nice!

I see that the instructable is made by Jack Orman.

Mialbu

Darron,

I was impressed by your own shots, but the professional ones.....errr.......wow!

Quotei was going to wait before i had some sample videos up before posting these... but my brother sent me some nice shots last night and i can't wait

Al Heeley

All schematics from DIYstompbox.com
Here's this weekend's efforts, from left to right:
1) BassDrive pedal, sort of cross between a fuzz and an overdrive, capable of reasonably clean boost too.
2) Green Red Llama with my Phat Norm mod, which switches out the 68nF cap of the original for a 1uF cap to let the bass tones breathe a little more. Superb pedal for bass or lead, even better than the Tubescreamer, more high end bite and much higher gain range. marvellous! Again, can be used to signal boost fairly clean or shockingly dirty. Llama also fitted with DC 9v in.
3) Bazz Fuss - really simple little circuit for some dirty bass fuzz with no nonsense. Not tried this for lead guitar yet as I had to nick the footswitch to put in the Llama.

bancika

my latest build: dr boogey

cheers,
Bane
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

lofie

amazingly clean dr. boogey! acrylic or plexiglas? how did you get it to stick to the enclosure?

bancika

tnx mate. It's plexi laser engraved in local ad design shop. It cost me 1.5$ to make with my design in vector format. It's attached with two thin strips of double sided tape on both ends. You can see it on the pic, but it's not that visible in person...
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

markeebee

Quote from: Al Heeley on August 23, 2009, 02:29:36 PM

2) Green Red Llama with my Phat Norm mod.....

Do you do a Cliff Clavin mod as well?

darron

Quote from: zeta55 on August 23, 2009, 10:32:30 AM
Now that is a nice looking pedal, great photograph. Very impressive :icon_eek:
Now, how did you do the graphics?

/Krister

The text is lasered through to reveal the aluminium underneath. Didn't give the high contrast I got on my first test on candy blue.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

mills

OD 250-ish overdrive with an AMZ mosfet boost in front.  Boost isn't true bypassed, takes a unity gain output like the website suggests.

Started with some mods suggested by Mark Hammer (to someone else a few years ago) to make it a bit more bass friendly, and a bit of influence by another Mark Hammer thread about a stupidly wonderful gain shape control.  Then, Yellow LED's to clip, and a cap into two germanium diodes to ground to try to limit the highs a bit... 

Hadn't built anything in a few months so the layout got a bit confused and the offboard wiring is kinda sloppy. 

Sprayed clearcoat over the hammerite finish and got a wierd wrinkly texture... kinda neat after it dried.

And a couple soundclips on bass (complete with aimless, mediocre playing!)  Less boomy through a cab, and that ringing in the highs is from the laptop or cheap interface not the pedal.

They're the top three clips on the list with 250 in the tittle.

http://www.soundclick.com/jucas

jacobyjd

yeah, perfboard! nice job :)
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

dschwartz

Quote from: Slade on August 21, 2009, 06:53:56 PM
Dual Rectifier Dr. Boogey! - Hope it don't bother anybody!

Hey!!
Great work on those engraved graphics!
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Renegadrian

without words...I like it too much, Rick...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

JKowalski

Rick, you are selling these, correct?

I believe I have seem some places that sell metal transformer covers, that are just nice boxes that slip over the entire transformer and screw into the chassis. I think it would be a nice addition to the amplifier. It might help to shield some noise, as well... Just a suggestion  :icon_biggrin:

Slade

Quote from: frequencycentral on August 26, 2009, 03:18:43 PM

I love your soldering   :icon_redface: Hahaha!
Great work, Rick, really beautiful.

arma61

Quote from: Slade on August 26, 2009, 10:37:08 PM
Quote from: frequencycentral on August 26, 2009, 03:18:43 PM

I love your soldering   :icon_redface: Hahaha!
Great work, Rick, really beautiful.

is it soldering??? I thought it was a painting!! Really impressive job, worthy for an Art Gallery

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen