Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insanekane

I did some etching again.

Another KoB:

And a Zen Drive clone

bancika

wow, beautiful etches man! how did you do it?
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Insanekane

Quote from: bancika on August 28, 2009, 10:17:39 AM
wow, beautiful etches man! how did you do it?

Thanks.
They are reversed etches...

Al Heeley

Yep, that Zen Drive work is stunning! :P

kurtlives

My first two unlabelled pedals! Had to try it out and see how I liked them.

The brown hammer tone pedal is Doug Hammond's Hot Silicon.

It is a great fuzz and very low noise with the 89s it uses. It has classic tones and is very simple to use. The controls have great ranges and tapers, no tricks or tweaking needed. The fat mode which is made switchable with a push pull pot, is so juicy and deep I love it.

This is just a Box of Rock, you know about it. Standard stuff, nothing too special here. Only interesting thing about this pedal is that I fit all the circuitry and a battery in a 1290 enclsoure. It is quite tight in there but not uncomfortable :) . The pedal has great JTM45 tones like people say, very smooth and "brown". The low(er) impedance SHO does a great job of increasing the output without changing the tone.

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Heemis

Quote from: kurtlives on August 28, 2009, 02:25:35 PM

I've never labeled a pedal and I can still tell you what each control is without testing it.  I guess I just prefer that aesthetic.

Those look great!  I especially love brown hammertone, I've got one with cream knobs, very earthy.

Taylor

Quote from: Heemis on August 28, 2009, 02:34:01 PM

I've never labeled a pedal and I can still tell you what each control is without testing it.  I guess I just prefer that aesthetic.

Those look great!  I especially love brown hammertone, I've got one with cream knobs, very earthy.

I have a gigantic project that I'm working on, which at this point probably has around 100 knobs that are unlabeled, and I actually know what almost every one of them does. Photographic memory, I suppose. I'm going to label them at some point, though.

SonicVI

I never label either, mostly because I don't like the look of anything other than silk screening.

Slade

Quote from: Insanekane on August 28, 2009, 10:15:45 AM

Another KoB:

Really beautiful, an excellent art and wiring work. Congrats  :icon_biggrin:

Nitefly182

Quote from: SonicVI on August 28, 2009, 04:01:24 PM
I never label either, mostly because I don't like the look of anything other than silk screening.

Same for me. Decals are a hassle. I use rubber stamps for single letter labels a lot now though.

frank_p

Quote from: Nitefly182 on August 28, 2009, 08:48:50 PM
Same for me. Decals are a hassle. I use rubber stamps for single letter labels a lot now though.

Did you ever used linoleum for stamps ?  I have some left-overs from my art classes.  Just wonder if it works or if an other sort of rubber would be better.

Thanks.
HFP

JKowalski

Quote from: Taylor on August 28, 2009, 03:33:13 PM
Quote from: Heemis on August 28, 2009, 02:34:01 PM

I have a gigantic project that I'm working on, which at this point probably has around 100 knobs that are unlabeled, and I actually know what almost every one of them does. Photographic memory, I suppose. I'm going to label them at some point, though.

When you build it yourself, it definitely gets implanted in your memory and is hard to forget (except in cases of years of neglect, I'm sure!)

However, if you don't build it then I think it's a totally different story. I made some stuff for my brother which I haven't done artwork for yet, and even though he plays them everyday and I've explained the controls to him like 10 times he still occasionally forgets what they are.  :icon_eek:

I really like having labels on my pedals, but when I do artwork for them I always have trouble with deciding how to do the text (and I often just skip it altogether because of that)

Fuzz Aldryn

Hi,

I'm not sure if I did already posted it here before. Anyway, here's on of my most recent builds a Small Clone clone. The enclosure is reversed etched.

Here's the first one I did before for a friend:

Cheers
Helge

Taylor

Wow. I haven't yet done enclosure etching, but it's my understanding that getting little details like in Hydra pedal is very difficult. Nice job.

Brymus

Quote from: Insanekane on August 28, 2009, 10:15:45 AM

Another KoB:

And a Zen Drive clone

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! You sir a truly an artist ! I would aspire to produce such a perfect looking pedal  enclosure.
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

deaconque

Here's my latest.  MKII Tonebender w/ a bias control. 

Taylor

azrael

It's the Punisher logo. Very, very, very cool looking. :D

How was it done?

chi_boy

Quote from: deaconque on August 29, 2009, 09:24:44 PM

Dude, that finish is awsome.  Love the knobs too.  Howz it done?
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

deaconque

okay, here goes-
the top plate is done just like a circuit board, i etched the copper board to leave behind the skull.  that was glued to the box and taped off.  then i sprayed the whole thing with rubberized undercoating spray that is used on cars, while it was still wet i texturized it with some rough sandpaper. unmasked the skull and matte clear went on.  when everything was dry i took my kitchen blowtorch to the whole thing to give it the blown up look.  the knobs are les paul speed knobs that got the same treatment as the box.  the circuit is from GGG except i used a 500k for the volume, 20k in place of R6 for the bias control, the trannies are higher gain than recommended too ( around 150 hfe) and are cool mojo 2N3569 mushroom style transistors  :icon_cool:.  This was the most fun i've had building in a while.  it's nice when you don't have to worry about the finish not being perfect.