John Lyons

Ha ha! Very creative.
He's a good boy nearly all the time.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

MicFarlow77

Quote from: head_spaz on September 08, 2009, 01:39:49 PM
Hey John Lyons,
Did you build that yourself? I'll bet you have a very supporting wife, one that encourages your hobby to the bone.
I love the way you used the fuzz on top of the knob as texture to match the fuzz coming out of the output on the left.
I can't see if it's well grounded in the picture, but it looks pretty durn stable if that's a brand new new build !!!
How many decibels of gain can you get out of it when it's fully cranked?
And with them chompers, it's probably got a pretty good bite to it too.
But is it hard on the consumption? I would imagine that it goes thru batteries like pizz thru diapers, and I'll bet you've got a long list of mods planned for its future.
I'd name it Rapture Ready Freddy, because it sure looks like a keeper.
I hope you get a lifetime of enjoyment out of it, and that it lives up to your every expectation.
Kudos man!

One of the best posts ever... and I don't think he could get much cuter!

Top Top

and a work in progress:

Renegadrian

I don't know why, they remind me of ninja turtles...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Renegadrian

I applied the LED border to my original DOD 308 - now i'ts so cool...

Next, I am gonna take off the red LED on the top and put a switch with Si diodes and LEDs (clipping choice)
I love this pedal...Gonna post the pics of the one DIY I am currently building...
I am in the finishing process, but the circuit's up and running, with the diode switch...
Man, I love LEDs!!!

deaconque

BDuguay

That looks like a DOD enclosure. Maybe re-painted?
B.

Top Top

Quote from: deaconque on September 09, 2009, 10:37:52 AM

awesome enclosures, what are they?

Thanks.

They are from some kind of toy/game. I am not sure exactly what they did, but there was some kind of air pressure triggers on the "feet." I added the "eyes" - there used to be buttons there.

There was a bunch of them at this thrift store for 50ยข each so I bought 6 of them. They are great for small effects circuits.

The grey one I think was some kind of prototype or maybe one where they messed up the plastic formation process. It is made of something that seems like a cross between foam and plastic - it is sturdy enough to hold jacks but it was soft enough to poke a sharp object through.

glops

My first completed build, The Dirty Sanchez.  I built the circuit on perfboard.
After playing around with the circuit off and on for months on the breadboard
it was quite frustrating to spend hours soldering to not get a sound in the end.
I learned it's not wise to drink beer and solder if you are new to this!

I experimented with staples brand window decals for the graphic.  Printed a high
contrast black and white image that I played around with in photoshop.  Covered
the box with a thick coat of lacquer and then coated the black painted parts with
a matte UV coating to dull out the gloss.  I am quite happy with the result!  Thanks
for everyone's contributions to this forum!  This is really fun!
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/Schematics-etc/D+Sanchez1.jpg.html
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/Schematics-etc/Dsanchez2.jpg.html
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/Schematics-etc/Dsanchez3.jpg.html

Renegadrian

Hi and
I see you are a newbie...So you'll learn that
And also to drink and solder...I believe it's not the beer to blame, at least for me... :icon_twisted:

deaconque

Quote from: Renegadrian on September 09, 2009, 06:13:35 PM
And also to drink and solder...I believe it's not the beer to blame, at least for me... :icon_twisted:

I'm afraid I'll have to agree with this.  I always have some sort of nice relaxing drink near my soldering iron  :icon_cool:

glops

I definitely blame myself for my poor soldering on the previous two efforts.  It was my first time, so blaming the beer is wrong.  I did find that on my third try I was more efficient with my time, my soldering skills improved a bit, I drank less, and the board worked! Now that I have found this new love in my life who cares about the bar!  Thanks for the welcoming, Ren.  This site does rock. I have been soaking up info for a little less than a year now and finally finished my first build.  I love every aspect that goes into this work and don't see my enthusiasm dying anytime soon.

nosamiam

Quote from: glops on September 10, 2009, 01:54:29 AMI love every aspect that goes into this work and don't see my enthusiasm dying anytime soon.

I don't think it will die either. There really are a LOT of facets to this and you can go in a ton of different directions.  If I get a little bored of one, I start to focus on another.   Understanding how circuits work, different methods of finishing enclosures, doing layouts, using different materials (PCB, perf, vero), clean wiring, dirt, modulation, echo, power supplies,... the list goes on.

Zero

Quote from: glops on September 09, 2009, 05:23:09 PM
My first completed build, The Dirty Sanchez.  I built the circuit on perfboard.
After playing around with the circuit off and on for months on the breadboard
it was quite frustrating to spend hours soldering to not get a sound in the end.
I learned it's not wise to drink beer and solder if you are new to this!

Congrats on your first build... looks good.

But you should really change that pedal's name... it's disgusting..  :-[

glops

The circuit is the Dirty Sanchez.  I found it on the board here.  It's a nasty circuit with a nasty name which
fits.  I didn't label the pedal, but the circuit is based on Dragonfly's D Sanchez. Thanks for the compliments
though.  It was really nice to get it in a box and have it completed.  All I want to do now is continue!

deaconque

Quote from: glops on September 10, 2009, 05:06:24 AM
The circuit is the Dirty Sanchez.  I found it on the board here.  It's a nasty circuit with a nasty name which
fits.  I didn't label the pedal, but the circuit is based on Dragonfly's D Sanchez. Thanks for the compliments
though.  It was really nice to get it in a box and have it completed.  All I want to do now is continue!

Nasty name or not, it definitely fits the circuit.

aziltz

Quote from: deaconque on September 09, 2009, 07:22:59 PM
Quote from: Renegadrian on September 09, 2009, 06:13:35 PM

I'm afraid I'll have to agree with this.  I always have some sort of nice relaxing drink near my soldering iron  :icon_cool:

raising my glass of my good friend Sam Adams...!

anchovie

Quote from: Zero on September 10, 2009, 04:11:03 AM

Shame on you for knowing why it's disgusting! ;D
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

Zero

Quote from: anchovie on September 11, 2009, 04:08:15 AM

;D  I'm glad I found out through Wikipedia by text-only means...

deaconque

Quote from: Zero on September 11, 2009, 05:13:13 AM
Quote from: anchovie on September 11, 2009, 04:08:15 AM

;D  I'm glad I found out through Wikipedia by text-only means...

:D