SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugshot

Quote from: azrael on October 28, 2009, 04:17:10 PM
Quote from: Mugshot on October 28, 2009, 02:08:41 AM

a modified Phase 90 (with TOne, Feedback, Level, and Speed controls). speed control at minimum is 100ohms only, while speed pot is a parallel 1Meg+470K for more usable range.

Whoa, cool! layout? :D

it's a Phase 90 from tonepad the populated PCB i asked a friend to build for me since some parts are rare in my place. :D
i am what i am, so are you.

p_wats

Here's a Phase 90 I recently modded.

The green knob is for feedback (sends it into self-oscillation) and the two toggles each turn 2 phase stages to vibe settings, so with both in the up position it's a really nice sounding vibe (the usual vibe mode only uses one DPDT, thus only affecting 2 of the 4 phase stages).

azrael

Quote from: Mugshot on October 28, 2009, 08:57:15 PM
Quote from: azrael on October 28, 2009, 04:17:10 PM
Quote from: Mugshot on October 28, 2009, 02:08:41 AM

a modified Phase 90 (with TOne, Feedback, Level, and Speed controls). speed control at minimum is 100ohms only, while speed pot is a parallel 1Meg+470K for more usable range.

Whoa, cool! layout? :D

it's a Phase 90 from tonepad the populated PCB i asked a friend to build for me since some parts are rare in my place. :D

Oooh. Okay. Well, I'm not all that read up on phasers...more of a fuzz guy. Which components would I change to get those controls?
Quote from: p_wats on October 29, 2009, 12:29:47 AM

The green knob is for feedback (sends it into self-oscillation) and the two toggles each turn 2 phase stages to vibe settings, so with both in the up position it's a really nice sounding vibe (the usual vibe mode only uses one DPDT, thus only affecting 2 of the 4 phase stages).

nice!
What do I change for that oscillation switch?

I've been really GASing for a phaser build these days, guys, haha. not fair!

PMcG No.6

Quote from: CynicalMan on October 28, 2009, 07:19:59 PM
Nice! I'm trying to watch the prisoner on DVDs from a library now.
Where did you get that font?

PS I'm on the second last episode, so don't ruin it for me!  :icon_wink:

Great show! Hope you're enjoying it. Don't remember where I got the font. I think I just googled for it. You can get it here though: http://www.theprisoneronline.com/html/village_font.html
Be seeing you!

-Chad
www.PenfarFX.com

beatnik

Quote from: p_wats on October 29, 2009, 12:29:47 AM

please can you explain the feedback mod?

Slade

Just using the feedback resistor (the famous 22k feedback resistor...) in series with a pot. You could even use a trimmer for the resistor and set it at the point where you get the maximum feedback with the pot at maximum. Recommended values would be a 25k trimmer and a 20k linear pot.

g.

deaconque

Quote from: g. on October 29, 2009, 09:08:53 AM
EF86 tube Preamp

that looks great.  do you have a schem or layout for it?  how does it sound?  is the big grey box a transformer?

punkin

TASTY!

Yes yes, please do share more details :-)
Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

g.

The Schematic of this EF86 preamp is from Eric Barbour www.metasonix.com

and the power supply (yes it's a tiny 12/220V transformer)
is from Geofex

http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/tube-wah/tube-wah.htm

pazuzu

that's very cool. one of my goals through this learning process is to build something similar to that.

i have a long way to go.:)

Nikolay

Today I build another classic overdrive based over TS808 with true bypass
Here are 2 pictures. As I promise I make a shoot inside the box.

Enjoy :)

PS: g., your Russian EF86 preamp looks great!
What's the output level of this preamp using guitar or bass?

Magnus

Hello together,
so many great looking pedals again, I could give some nice words about everyone,
because every pedal has either a great design or good lookin' guts or both together
but then I would stay at my computer till tomorrow  :-\

...go on with that stuff!!!

Here is my latest pedal, my "Analog Amp Modeler",
a SansAmp GT2-Clone I built from an own layout
based on the Tonepad-Layout:

Greetings from Germany
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

Slade

Wow, Magnus, that's an excellent/beautiful wiring  :o
Congratulations for that one!

g.

Hi Nikolay,
QuotePS: g., your Russian EF86 preamp looks great!
What's the output level of this preamp using guitar or bass?

lots of gain ! almost same output level as some synths i have,
with bad pickups... too

Mugshot

Quote from: azrael on October 29, 2009, 03:04:31 AM]Oooh. Okay. Well, I'm not all that read up on phasers...more of a fuzz guy. Which components would I change to get those controls?

for the feedback, just desolder the 22K feedback resistor and put a 100k pot and a 10K fixed resistor in series.

tone is your basic passive type. works for me.

for the volume pot, desolder the 150k output resistor and substitute a 100K pot.
i am what i am, so are you.

rousejeremy

Magnus, your work is great. Do you have any audio clips or demo vids?

Quote from: Magnus on October 29, 2009, 04:52:18 PM
Hello together,
so many great looking pedals again, I could give some nice words about everyone,
because every pedal has either a great design or good lookin' guts or both together
but then I would stay at my computer till tomorrow  :-\

...go on with that stuff!!!

Here is my latest pedal, my "Analog Amp Modeler",
a SansAmp GT2-Clone I built from an own layout
based on the Tonepad-Layout:

Greetings from Germany
Magnus
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

punkin

Quote from: g. on October 29, 2009, 10:41:34 AM
The Schematic of this EF86 preamp is from Eric Barbour www.metasonix.com

and the power supply (yes it's a tiny 12/220V transformer)
is from Geofex

http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/tube-wah/tube-wah.htm

THANKS!
Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

compuwade

Here is a couple of mine...One is a Tonemender and the other is a BSIABII. I just used stickers and some clear coat for the graphics. I dont have the balls to try paint yet. LOL
I havent recieved my footswitches yet so I just installed toggles.
The pictures are huge so I just inserted links. I hope thats fine.

http://content.glidesociety.com/image.aspx?id=029ff135-ae13-479e-8933-a2602cfb1ea9&origin=roadrunner&lang=en-us
http://content.glidesociety.com/image.aspx?id=695aaf4b-d147-404d-95b1-ce636ce48b10&origin=roadrunner&lang=en-us
http://content.glidesociety.com/image.aspx?id=5310c86e-67cf-4b69-9ca2-484fc9cc7703&origin=roadrunner&lang=en-us
http://content.glidesociety.com/image.aspx?id=b0da8034-a24d-448d-b5fa-c87c0f62cb75&origin=roadrunner&lang=en

PMcG No.6

Wow! That wiring is fantabulous, Magnus! Great looking build.

Diggin' those pedals, compuwade. I think the stickers with the clear looks pretty cool.
Be seeing you!

-Chad
www.PenfarFX.com