Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus

Hello together,
QuoteWow, Magnus, that's an excellent/beautiful wiring  :o
Congratulations for that one!
QuoteWow! That wiring is fantabulous, Magnus! Great looking build.
Thank you guys, i feel honoured  :icon_biggrin:

QuoteMagnus, your work is great. Do you have any audio clips or demo vids?
Sorry, i don't have clips, but it sounds great  ;)

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

compuwade

Quote from: PMcG No.6 on October 30, 2009, 07:39:57 AM
Diggin' those pedals, compuwade. I think the stickers with the clear looks pretty cool.

Thanks, They are my 1st tries at 1590b enclosures. Everything else I built in either radio shack enclosures or recycled enclosures found at the thrift store. What kind of decals do you guys recommend?

juansolo

I haven't posted since my initial 'hi there' post so here's a few that I've done recently:

COD (ClonedOverDrive)

As Gibson would say, in a smokey room it kinda looks a bit like the real thing... Yeah, I was lacking inspiration on this one so just went for the same design, but a slightly different font.

M-O.C.D
Marauder's M-O.C.D, based on M-O, the obsessive compulsive robot from WALL-E. A bizarre case of him having the more punning pedal and me having the sensible one, as it were.

Brazilian Beaver
I just couldn't not... Let's face it, the amount of word play around the EH Muffs is getting silly. Big Muff, BYOC's Large Beaver, etc. So I've got a shaven beaver with a Brazilian on mine. I may have gone too far...

Hmmmmm, Pi

Zach in a Box
I've kinda gone a bit surreal with a Zachary Vex in a box on a completely random and unrelated snow-scape. The BOR is another great pedal though, very Marshall.
More recycling going on here. This is the D*A*M Buster enclosure re-used. I finally decided I just didn't like either parts of it so stripped it down. The last remaining D*A*M clone (Marauder's Dirt Box) is set for a similar fate.

Therion Distortion
...and another for Marauder, though this doesn't have the boost stage. His decal is based on the one he did for the Thermionic Overdrive as this has become his go too decal when inspiration escapes him and he can't cope with some of the dafter things I put on mine.
Some good shots of the super-enormous 1uf caps that I mis-ordered and am still using up as and when I can make them fit

Thermionic Overdrive II
Ok I love valves for both their sound and their glowing retro goodness. These are a pair of Twincasters based on Renegadrian's vero, the only twist being that they're running 12v 12DW8 valves. These bad boys were designed for in-car use in the 50's-60's I would guess, especially given their current draw (1A for the pair of them!). Also being designed to run at 12V there's no problem in seeing the glowage. The heaters are MUCH brighter than the LED. Finally, it sound awesome. Brighter than a valvecaster and with HUGE amounts of level. This could easily be used as a pre.

The design is once again Marauder's Therion go-to. As I haven't got a pedal with that on it even mine has it this time. It just kinda suits the gold paint. Mine (the first one built) has some flaws in the casting that weren't noticed until the decal was applied, the second one is much tidier. The insides are, errm, busy.

Finally a pic of the completed second one alongside the original Thermionic Overdrive (Valvecaster + LPB)

tranceracer

Quote from: juansolo on October 30, 2009, 02:48:40 PM

:icon_cool:  Great movie BTW!  I actually bought the DVD.

pazuzu

Quote from: juansolo on October 30, 2009, 02:48:40 PM

awesome. vovin is still in my top 10 all time albums list!

PMcG No.6

Quote from: compuwade on October 30, 2009, 12:22:21 PM
Quote from: PMcG No.6 on October 30, 2009, 07:39:57 AM
Diggin' those pedals, compuwade. I think the stickers with the clear looks pretty cool.

Thanks, They are my 1st tries at 1590b enclosures. Everything else I built in either radio shack enclosures or recycled enclosures found at the thrift store. What kind of decals do you guys recommend?

Depends on what you want to do, I guess. I use Frequency Central's method of using inkjet transparency paper. Works with photo paper too. I've seen people use ink stamping, rub on lettering, hand painting...

Nice pedals, Juan. I remember seeing the beaver at the other forum.  ;D
Be seeing you!

-Chad
www.PenfarFX.com

chris2002rocklin

Those are awesome!

I found this site and registered to ask about your 6418 based projects. I am trying to build some submini tube projects and to make a long story short, I bought what was supposed to be a 6418 based preamp for guitar cavity or whatever. I wanted to build it and then expand it in to (at some point) a high gain EQ. In my dreams, it also includes an effects loop.

The problem started when the simple build will not work. Trouble-shooting has revealed the possibility that the schematic hs the wrong pin configuration.

Here is the schematic I got with the "kit":
http://cid-04b413b412a5eef7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Amp%20Schematics/6418%20-%20Boost.jpg

I should also add that your project would be even more interesting than resolving the pin locations, but I will take whatever I can get:>)

Thanks to anyone who can help with this.

PS - I also bought some similar tubes with the only difference being the plate is rated at 45V but otherwise has the same specs. The seller called it the "CK547DX". I was planning to try this tube instead, but I wanted to see if I can figure out the 6418.

John Lyons

Same old hammertone....recycled enclosure

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

juansolo

Fuzzy Kitten

This is the ROG 22/7 (a rational approximation of Pi), a CMOS based Big Muff Pi clone. I've actually built this one using one of John Lyon's Basic Audio PCBs, and that's allowed me to fit it all into a very small enclosure. Hence it's a fuzzy kitten. It made sense in my head.

This is the last of the D*A*M pedals recycled. I'm so kind to the environment.

John Lyons

Looks nice! What do you think of the 22/7? I have not built up mine yet.
I'm curious to hear what it sounds like.

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

juansolo

Really like it, particularly with the scoop. Really nice 70's style space rock fuzz. Flick it to classic and it does have the same characteristics of my lightly modified muff, but again is slightly fuzzier. I think I prefer it to the proper muff, but then I am a big fan of Monster Magnet.

John Lyons

Great, thanks for the observations.

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

B Tremblay

I think that's the first 22/7 build I've seen "in the wild" and I'm very happy to hear that you're enjoying it!
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

Strategy

Just back from the powdercoat shop and installed in the enclosure.

It's big, it's cheesey, it's yellow, it's the Great Cheddar (Lovetone Big Cheese clone!)

- Strategy

-----------------------------------------------------
www.strategymusic.com
www.community-library.net
https://soundcloud.com/strategydickow
https://twitter.com/STRATEGY_PaulD

THOMMO

Here's an update from page 503!
Juice booster and Siamese Muff with footswitches installed. Also different knobs on the SM.

I also took the opportunity to take some assembly shots of the Muff.

Jason.
May The Twang Be With You

JKowalski

deaconque

John Lyons

Yes...and yes.  :D Good eye.
Agile LP copy. Great guitar, great price!

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

yeeshkul

A bit out of topic, however ... HAPPY HALLOWEEN FELLAS!

meffcio

Whoa.. Man, i'm so jealous. In Poland halloween is so sad day Oo