News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

FC's Promiscuous Girlfriend made using Toney's vero.

Very similar in nature to the EF86 valve distortions in that it's a warm valve boost, but it has a nastier, dirtier edge.

Two insides pics to show the valve lightage (though they glow quite on their own). Also yes, I know, there's no valve protection, you just have to be careful not to stamp on them.

Another album cover here with PoisonBlack's excellent Lust Stained Dispair. To keep it looking appropriately dirty, the enclosure is unfinished with a transparent decal on it (just laquered over the top). It looks really good in the flesh, quite metallic, but it's a swine to photograph.

Magnus

Hi,
@Slade: Your finish is perfect, it couldn't be better - awesome work!!!

@Solderman:
I like small enclousures too and I'm going to build an EHX Screaming Tree into this small-type-enclousure...

The  "Prom Girl" and the other pedals are great too  ;)

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

kurtlives

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

luko-man

cant think of anything funny to put here

pazuzu

my first pedal. it's not in an enclosure, the transistor and the pot are the wrong value, and nothing is actually soldered. but it was fun. :icon_lol: it sorta works, but from what i can tell i built the circuit correctly so i am pleased and ready to try new things. i have to get my board screwed onto some wood with my switch box and a terminal port.

compuwade

Quote from: pazuzu on November 07, 2009, 04:15:57 PM
my first pedal. it's not in an enclosure, the transistor and the pot are the wrong value, and nothing is actually soldered. but it was fun. :icon_lol: it sorta works, but from what i can tell i built the circuit correctly so i am pleased and ready to try new things. i have to get my board screwed onto some wood with my switch box and a terminal port.

Congrats on your fisrt pedal!! It's a great feeling to build something that works, isn't it?

markeebee

Quote from: pazuzu on November 07, 2009, 04:15:57 PM
my first pedal......... it was fun.

There's no going back now........another innocent soul lost.

Good work, soldier  ;D

pazuzu

thanks buddy. i am going to beat the boost horse deader than dead tonight. gotta go to radio shack and get a few things first.

punkin

Poor guy...didn't stand a chance...he's already hangin' out at the RatShack. If you get the third degree from your better half don't come crying here...we're a bunch of enablers  :o Do your self a favor...hit Mousers and/or Smallbear and buy in bulk. It will keep you from running down to the RatShack every couple hours on the weekend and save you a bundle too.
Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

John Lyons

Guild Foxey Lady (Early Big Muff).

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

jacobyjd

I've owed this thread some pics for awhile now...these aren't all new:

Hot Silicon Fuzz--enclosure courtesy of John Lyons

BYOC Analog Delay

NPN Boost (beginner project!)

And--those pics of my strat converted to GFS P90s that I promised a couple months ago:

Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

bobp1339

Quote from: jacobyjd on November 07, 2009, 05:51:54 PM
And--those pics of my strat converted to GFS P90s that I promised a couple months ago:

Great job! How does the strat sound?
"I love the smell of solder in the morning..."

...Bazz Fuss, EA Trem, Ross Comp, MXR Env Filter, Orange Squeezer, custom bass preamp...
http://chindigband.com

rousejeremy

+1. I'd like to hear what P90's sound like in a Strat.

Quote from: bobp1339 on November 07, 2009, 06:07:17 PM
Quote from: jacobyjd on November 07, 2009, 05:51:54 PM

Great job! How does the strat sound?
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Kearns892

Jacobjd, where did you source the pickguard with only two holes for pots in it? Better yet, what do each of the pots do? I just finished rewiring my cheapo strat with vintage noiseless pickups and swapped out all the hardware (the original stuff was junk :/) with real fender or equivalent stuff. Don't expect any pics soon though, right now everything is mismatched color-wise, and I am waiting on a good deal for a better neck before I call it "finished" - if that ever happens on a project guitar, haha.

jacobyjd

Quote from: Kearns892 on November 07, 2009, 06:42:43 PM
Jacobjd, where did you source the pickguard with only two holes for pots in it? Better yet, what do each of the pots do? I just finished rewiring my cheapo strat with vintage noiseless pickups and swapped out all the hardware (the original stuff was junk :/) with real fender or equivalent stuff. Don't expect any pics soon though, right now everything is mismatched color-wise, and I am waiting on a good deal for a better neck before I call it "finished" - if that ever happens on a project guitar, haha.

Thanks, all. It sounds great--I dig the pickups, and it still feels like my strat. The controls are volume and tone. I have a treble bleed cap and resistor on it--sounds great.

My goal was kind of a poor-man's jazzmaster. It does the trick pretty well :)

The pickguard was kinda tough to find. I found this one on ebay. It didn't fit perfectly, and I had to re-drill the mounting screw hole closest to the jack. The neck cutout took a little shaping as well. It's not the most perfect or clean mod I've ever done, but it's worth it.
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

azrael

Quote from: John Lyons on November 07, 2009, 05:42:11 PM
Guild Foxey Lady (Early Big Muff).
did you ever try that "noise gate" mod to reduce the noise in the circuit!

bobp1339

Here is my latest build. It's a FET distortion.  It only has one knob, volume. It cleans up well when you roll of the guitar volume or go easy on the picking.

My daughter named it the "Plum Nelly"

Here is a sound clip recorded without and with the pedal. I am playing thru a Fender solid state amp for this recording.

http://chindigband.com/Pedals/Plum%20Nelly/Plum%20Nelly%20Sample.mp3
"I love the smell of solder in the morning..."

...Bazz Fuss, EA Trem, Ross Comp, MXR Env Filter, Orange Squeezer, custom bass preamp...
http://chindigband.com

pazuzu

Quote from: punkin on November 07, 2009, 05:02:57 PM
Poor guy...didn't stand a chance...he's already hangin' out at the RatShack. If you get the third degree from your better half don't come crying here...we're a bunch of enablers  :o Do your self a favor...hit Mousers and/or Smallbear and buy in bulk. It will keep you from running down to the RatShack every couple hours on the weekend and save you a bundle too.

nah mate, i ordered through futurlec. i forgot to order wire and alligator clips for easy mock up. and my wife drove me and paid for the stuff. i'm mr. mom, so i don't really have an income at the moment.:)

pedmands

BYOC OD2. Mosfet boost wired in front of standard OD w/ mosfet clipping.