Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Top Top

Quote from: kurtlives on November 07, 2009, 11:04:22 AM
Quote from: Top Top on November 07, 2009, 04:53:36 AM

Burst box??

It's an FX loop bypass pedal... there are two other jacks you can't see on the sides (in and out). I never put bypass switches on my FX because I usually just use them for recording, but could use a bypass now and again. It's made 100% from salvaged parts (including a DPDT push-button from an old tape deck!).

deaconque

Quote from: pedmands on November 07, 2009, 08:16:00 PM

BYOC OD2. Mosfet boost wired in front of standard OD w/ mosfet clipping.

Nice.  Kind of a classy industrial look

darron

it's really hard to make effects in australia..... you get lizards crawling on your scope and iron... sigh....

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

duckpow

Quote from: darron on November 08, 2009, 05:48:37 AM
it's really hard to make effects in australia..... you get lizards crawling on your scope and iron... sigh....

Nice :) Now make it into a stompbox!  :icon_razz:
Banders Duckpow

pazuzu

1/4" in's/outs on the sides. i figure i will add switches as necessary. i got the box off a furnace that i replaced in my house.

chi_boy

Well  we sure don't have that problem in Chicago.

Is that thing wild or domestic?
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

Electron Tornado

Wow, that's an incredible finish! It's so life-like.    :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
"Corn meal, gun powder, ham hocks, and guitar strings"

Who is John Galt?

Talon5051

cloudscapes

here's a lame demo. I'm playing a discarded umbrella into a TV that's on fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZO7KIf9eLw

It's a bunch of stuff. A bitcrusher, samplerate reducer, a granular sampler/repeater/glitcher, a harsh digital fuzz and noise source. Controls are as follows (left to right):

top:
bitdepth: bitcrush from 8 to 1 bit. things get noisy and ugly and awesome!
samplerate: rate reduction, atari/nintendo-ish sounds, etc
tone: just a big muff tonestack. middle is neutral. right is high boost, left is low boost.
blend: wet-dry blend
volume: makes the pedal vomit kittens

bottom:
grain size: sample size of the granular sampling buffer.
grain mod: modulates the grain sample up or down in pitch
glitch 1 and glitch 2: makes it stutter in different ways. the toggle switch at the top makes the soft-stomp on the right active one or the other of the buttons.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

darron

Quote from: chi_boy on November 08, 2009, 10:22:03 AM

Well  we sure don't have that problem in Chicago.

Is that thing wild or domestic?

ah it's domestic. someone plonked it on my desk and just left it there.... just thought i'd keep the australian stereotype running (:
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

deaconque

Quote from: cloudscapes on November 08, 2009, 06:16:24 PM

It's a bunch of stuff. A bitcrusher, samplerate reducer, a granular sampler/repeater/glitcher, a harsh digital fuzz and noise source. Controls are as follows (left to right):

top:
tone: just a big muff tonestack. middle is neutral. right is high boost, left is low boost.

bottom:
glitch 1 and glitch 2: makes it stutter in different ways. the toggle switch at the top makes the soft-stomp on the right active one or the other of the buttons.

Etienne, your pedals are amazing (sound as well as looks).  I must have one of these.  Anything that vomits kittens is OK in my book.  ;)

mr.adambeck

top:

bottom:

WOW.  I just watched your youtube video.  This is amazing.  Are you selling these?  Do you have a schematic or anything that you'd be willing to share?

cloudscapes

Quote from: deaconque on November 08, 2009, 08:51:03 PM
Etienne, your pedals are amazing (sound as well as looks).  I must have one of these.  Anything that vomits kittens is OK in my book.  ;)

thanks, quite happy how this turned out. though the blend could work better

Quote from: mr.adambeck on November 08, 2009, 09:41:04 PM
WOW.  I just watched your youtube video.  This is amazing.  Are you selling these?  Do you have a schematic or anything that you'd be willing to share?

thanks! unfortunatelly a schem would be near useless as it's DSP and needs to be programmed.
hopefully I can sell a few of these sometime next year
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

AudioMime

Quote from: cloudscapes on November 08, 2009, 10:20:43 PM

thanks! unfortunatelly a schem would be near useless as it's DSP and needs to be programmed.
hopefully I can sell a few of these sometime next year

Me thinks me smells an arduino chip.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AUDIO MIME
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Quote from: rousejeremy
Stick the Tremulus Lune in a Feedback Loop and your neighbors will call the cops on you. Which will be awesome.

cloudscapes

Quote from: AudioMime on November 08, 2009, 10:51:03 PM
Me thinks me smells an arduino chip.

it's an atmel AVR (atmega328)
I've never used arduino, though I hear a lot about it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

~arph

The arduino uses the very same atmega chip.

markeebee

That is quite beautifully mentalist.  If you do get round to making & selling them, put me on the waiting list.  If you could ever offer the board & programmed chip, or some other kit option, put me on the waiting list several times.

Also, props for your commitment to 'maintaining the mojo'.  Those socks obviously haven't been changed since the late 80's.

cloudscapes

Quote from: ~arph on November 09, 2009, 03:23:12 AM
The arduino uses the very same atmega chip.

ohhh! I didn't know, I thought aurduino was the chjip itself....  :P
Quote from: markeebee on November 09, 2009, 04:30:33 AM
That is quite beautifully mentalist.  If you do get round to making & selling them, put me on the waiting list.  If you could ever offer the board & programmed chip, or some other kit option, put me on the waiting list several times.

Also, props for your commitment to 'maintaining the mojo'.  Those socks obviously haven't been changed since the late 80's.

selling just the board and the preprogrammed chip might not be impossible. I'm still weary about kits because of the tech support they'd require in the hands of the less experienced (as in, people not members here). last time I un-concidered it thoguh, it was for another project that was a more complex build, with LED display, two boards other other things that could go wrong.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

SonicVI

Tone Bender MK3, my own vero layout, CV5416 trannies (OC84 equiv) and too much mojo really.

azrael

Quote from: SonicVI on November 09, 2009, 10:15:23 AM
Tone Bender MK3, my own vero layout, CV5416 trannies (OC84 equiv) and too much mojo really.

Sweet. Where'd ya get the trannies?