News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pazuzu

npn boost beginner project, n2222 trans. didn't have a stereo jack so i ran the only mini toggle i could find in my components box (spdt center off) until i can get the right jack. i sanded a flat spot on the bottom of the jacks so they would sit low enough to close the lid on the tin, and the "perfboard" is just some random plastic i dug up because i didn't have that either.  :icon_lol: pretty ghetto, but it worked on the first try.

SonicVI

Quote from: azrael on November 09, 2009, 12:50:05 PM
Quote from: SonicVI on November 09, 2009, 10:15:23 AM
Tone Bender MK3, my own vero layout, CV5416 trannies (OC84 equiv) and too much mojo really.

Sweet. Where'd ya get the trannies?

Ebay of course, only 1 UKPound each. I got 50 and the gains are all in the 50's to 80's, perfect range for the MK3, leakages are not great but not too bad.

Hupla

Quote from: pazuzu on November 09, 2009, 01:13:29 PM
npn boost beginner project, n2222 trans. didn't have a stereo jack so i ran the only mini toggle i could find in my components box (spdt center off) until i can get the right jack. i sanded a flat spot on the bottom of the jacks so they would sit low enough to close the lid on the tin, and the "perfboard" is just some random plastic i dug up because i didn't have that either.  :icon_lol: pretty ghetto, but it worked on the first try.

If there is one thing I envy about you guys in America is the altoids tins. :( So many projects can be put in them.

Any one know of anythings like them you can get in The UK and Ireland?
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

jessetrbo

I have a bag filled with empty Altoids tins...  if you can pay for postage, give assistance on some of the details of the customs form, they could be yours...

Jesse Trbovich
Jesse Trbovich -- Philadelphia

Hupla

Thanks but I'm trying to avoid buying over seas as much as possible. Just want something that's handy for putting small projects into.

I appreciate the link aswell. Found something on the English amazon aswell so might look into that.

pazuzu

no problem. do you guys have ridiculous customs fees or do you just prefer to shop nationally.

Scruffie

I think my Local corner shop has altoids or atleast something simmilar for sale in the U.K... have a look around, if you want I can get you some but I assume you'd probably rather get your own.

Hupla

Yeah i live in Ireland. And while there not ridiculous i think they can be alot. most of the time buying guitars from America would still be cheaper than getting them here including the tax but not all the time.

Its just less hassle if i can get something like them locally anyway.

Don't want to turn this into an Altoids convo but if anyone knows of any please do let me know. thanks

pazuzu

it's funny, i assumed people would poke fun at the altoids tin.  :icon_lol:

Hupla

Quote from: pazuzu on November 09, 2009, 03:09:55 PM
it's funny, i assumed people would poke fun at the altoids tin.  :icon_lol:

Ha well i cant see it being very practical for live situations but Im not really talking about for just effects pedal situations. For small electronic projects they are good.

pazuzu

well, i run a solid state madison head with active pups so it's almost completely useless to me. i just wanted to see if i could build it.

PMcG No.6

Here's my most recent build. No guts(sorry). They're fugly in this one. I couldn't get Dragonfly's vero to work on my breadboard. So I made my own from the schematic at Beavis Audio. This Llama spits and snarls like crazy! Anyway... Here's the pic and my layout if anyone wants to use it. I'm sure there are more than a few out there.

Beavis Audio schematic

My vero layout for WHRL

Sorry for fuzzy pic. my camera sucks. What cameras do you guys use to get those great pics?!

La Llama Diablo!

The knobs are labeled "volume" and "spit". You can't tell from the photo (photobucket has horrible resolution and my camera sucks), but the eyes are two yellow 3mm LED's. I wasn't sure what size hole to drill for them with no clip or mount so I just went with 1/8". Worked great! This thing sounds awesome! I used the 4049UBE from PPP. I've heard some other WHRL clones on YouTube and mine seems to have a LOT more gain than some. If anyone uses my WHRL layout, let me know how it works for you.
Be seeing you!

-Chad
www.PenfarFX.com

John Lyons

Not enough time in the day.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

compuwade

Quote from: John Lyons on November 10, 2009, 01:06:34 AM

Not enough time in the day.[/center]

LOL you need to send me some of that stuff. I got all the time in the world!!!  :icon_lol:

aziltz

it almost brings tears to my eyes John.

kabi

ok here's my 4th build. My apologies in advance for the pics quality:

any guess on what it does?  ;)

Mugshot

John, i wonder how much fume has gotten into you building all of those  ;D
i am what i am, so are you.

darron

Quote from: John Lyons on November 10, 2009, 01:06:34 AM

Not enough time in the day.

looks like you're nearly out of solder in that photo..... but i guess you go through a roll a week anyway :D
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

John Lyons

That's actually #20 solid wire.
I have been working on a 5lb roll of
solder for a while now...
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/