SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon5051

Kitarist

Quote from: John Lyons on November 10, 2009, 12:36:03 PM
This isn't even all the stuff I have "on the bench".
I remember what they all are, yes.

Are you intersted in selling any of those?

Thanks!!!

darron

point to point fuzz:

explanation.... it's a fuzz face with different caps, hotter output, a diode clipping stage at the end, a tone control, mods mods mods

made from amp parts only hehe

if i did it again i'm sure it would make morse sense.... :S
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Processaurus

Quote from: DaveM on November 15, 2009, 07:50:57 PM

You have a talent for mechanics, Dave, that's pretty great.

ShortScaleMike

Most recent builds:

An Echo Base with better graphics for me from Slacker's ace design

Saltshaker Tremolo

Custom Switcher - switches amp channels and reverb and also switches amp to clean channel when overdrive in loop is engaged

Dual TB Loop

Saltbooster

darron

a germanium booster. the finish is polished aluminium. the text is polyurethane and then a couple of clear coats of polyurethane over all of it. should be durable still.

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

rousejeremy

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

jacobyjd

Jeremy, it's not often that I hear a sound clip that I want to hear again because the playing is so nice. Despite seeming to lack fixed meter or direction (i.e. it's not a song, it's a sound sample), That was ear-pleasing. Nice chops!

The fuzz sounds glorious. Well done.
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

ianmgull

Here's an 808 I built for fun, and profit:

deaconque

Quote from: jacobyjd on November 18, 2009, 09:18:11 AM
Jeremy, it's not often that I hear a sound clip that I want to hear again because the playing is so nice. Despite seeming to lack fixed meter or direction (i.e. it's not a song, it's a sound sample), That was ear-pleasing. Nice chops!

I agree.  What amp is being used on that clip?

rousejeremy

Thanks a lot guys. The amp was a '65 Reissue Fender Deluxe Reverb with a bit of Carbon Copy delay. I just sat my Macbook in front of the amp and recorded in to Garageband.

The Fuzz has a subtle octave up with the tone rolled down and the volume backed off a bit on the neck pickup. Is this common with Fuzz Faces?

Quote from: deaconque on November 18, 2009, 09:50:36 AM

aziltz

can you guess what's inside?

Mich P

SUBDECAY Liquid Sunshine ?
Mich P.

rousejeremy

aziltz

Not even close!

It's a plain Jane TS808 with a little Subdecay Inspiration.

DaveM

Quote from: Processaurus on November 18, 2009, 05:23:50 AM
Quote from: DaveM on November 15, 2009, 07:50:57 PM

You have a talent for mechanics, Dave, that's pretty great.

I hope so, because I'm going to university next year for mechanical engineering.

markeebee

Quote from: aziltz on November 18, 2009, 11:32:16 AM

can you guess what's inside?

Is it cake?  I like cake.

pazuzu

beginner boost mkII with range control. the board is a spectacular cluster@#$%. :icon_lol:i just started putting parts on it without a layout of any kind. need to paint some graphics on it and add a battery clip and then it's going on ebay to finance the habit.

Ben N

Quote from: rousejeremy on November 18, 2009, 09:53:11 AM
Thanks a lot guys. The amp was a '65 Reissue Fender Deluxe Reverb with a bit of Carbon Copy delay. I just sat my Macbook in front of the amp and recorded in to Garageband.

The Fuzz has a subtle octave up with the tone rolled down and the volume backed off a bit on the neck pickup. Is this common with Fuzz Faces?

Quote from: deaconque on November 18, 2009, 09:50:36 AM

+1 on the clip. It really shows the tonal and dynamic range of the fuz.
  • SUPPORTER

aziltz

I've been busy this week.

The New BYOC Reverb in Rust-oleum Hammertone Black with the duh'Voodooman's Taper and Maximum Mix Mods.  It's a bit below unity gain so I will probably fix that at some point.  Very nice after these mods.  I lowered R14(?) to  10k from 33k and I stuck a 100kA Log Pot in the Mix Position.  Still have a super range of Reverb, but now I've got a nice range of subtle sounds too.

2nd is the BYOC Chorus with some really nice extras. Width Control, Vibrato and Intensity switches ala Kahel/Fully Loaded Directions.  The left footswitch toggles between two preset speeds.  PPP Anodized Blue.

Last but not least, the Orange Squeezer.  Can you believe this finish was a blem?  It's a PPP Orange Metallic.  I made this PCB layout in Eagle for myself and incorporated Theo Hartman's Bias Mod.  It works quite well, however its one of those things that if you change it, the FET needs to readjust and does so when you smack the strings hard.  So there's a small bit of "over" compression right when you change the bias.  I think this can be expected.  Personally, I like Mark Hammer's compression control that he used in the Tangerine Peeler.

All these will eventually get Stamp Labelled.  Gonna try to get to Michael's and see if they have Creme Staz-On Ink and the Funky Jesus font.