News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kearns892

Quote from: elshiftos on November 22, 2009, 09:03:04 PM
Quite nice but the pot shafts have to be cut rather short.

Sorry if this has been previously addressed or is overall just a noobish question, but how do you cut pot shafts? I have some alpha rotary switches and I must say the shaft is nearly unusable long for a pedal, I was looking into a way to cut off the threaded part at the top and just use the solid bottom of the shaft with a set screw knob. Has anyone ever done this?

bobp1339

I lock it in my bench vise upside down, with the shaft in the vise at the length I want to cut it, and then I use a hacksaw to cut it flush at the vise.

Then I use my dremel to remove any burrs...
"I love the smell of solder in the morning..."

...Bazz Fuss, EA Trem, Ross Comp, MXR Env Filter, Orange Squeezer, custom bass preamp...
http://chindigband.com

p_wats

Quote from: rousejeremy on November 24, 2009, 10:36:34 PM
Maestro FSH-1 housed in a EHX Doctor Q. Here's a video demo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEPs89nUxYA

Hey Jeremy, that is excellent. I just built my own FSH-1 a few weeks ago (don't want to double post the pics. They are in this thread: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=79922.msg660214#msg660214). I noticed yours is the original 2-knob version. Did you try the mods too?

A lot of people complain about noise and ticking with this pedal, but I find it very usable! That is a great looking paint job too. It suits the pedal perfectly!

kefe13

my gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey  :)

Renegadrian

Nice!!! you cannot stomp on it, but it looks good!!!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Mugshot

Quote from: Thomeeque on November 25, 2009, 07:48:06 AM

For FaceBook addicts only ;) T.

Quote from: moose23 on November 25, 2009, 07:54:38 AM

fixed that for ya. Need to copy the image location/address rather than the page address.

haha, you got me there! thanks guys. Photobucket was down yesterday, so i had to upload it somewhere else, and mistakenly posted the link without embedding.
i am what i am, so are you.

CynicalMan

Modded Phuncgnosis

Guts

The great enclosure is from John Lyons. The pics really don't look nearly as good as in real life.
This was made on a universal component PC board (or at least that's what the Radio Shack website calls it), which is a premade PCB with pads in rows. I find it easier to work with than perf but it's harder to design layouts for and it does require lots of jumpers. For the mods, I hardwired the circuit in the up mode, as I found that the down mode doesn't "ow" much. The first switch switches the 1uF cap to ground for a 0.22uF. This reduces the decay but lengthens the attack, giving a "pop"-like attack that works well with single-note lines. The other switch is a range switch. I replaced the 680p cap connecting to the op amp's -pin with a 1n capacitor. I then made the capcitor between the op amp's output and the LED switchable between 470p and 1n. With a 470p cap the sound is identical to the stock capacitor configuration. With the 1n cap, the range is lowered. The last mod I made was that I change the 2n capacitor with a 1n. This reduces the overall gain and filters out more bass.

ianmgull

Slade

Really beautiful, Ian. I like how you used those knobs, the painting job is great.

darron

Made this with a friend named Shaun Klinger tonight. We started a bit after mid day and finished around 1 am. Not bad with a bit of driving etc. in between from start to finish.

Guts:

Side by side with another powder coated pedal looked awesome:
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

moose23

Quote from: darron on November 27, 2009, 11:37:48 AM
Made this with a friend named Shaun Klinger tonight. We started a bit after mid day and finished around 1 am. Not bad with a bit of driving etc. in between from start to finish.

Guts:

They look great together. One question, how big are the leds? they look huge are they really bright when the pedal is on?

darron

Quote from: moose23 on November 27, 2009, 12:28:38 PM
Quote from: darron on November 27, 2009, 11:37:48 AM

Guts:

They look great together. One question, how big are the leds? they look huge are they really bright when the pedal is on?

Thanks! I love them. The LEDs are 10mm plus the bezel. They are about as bright as any old led. Not super bright but nicelly visible with their size.

darron

edit: with a jack plugged in i might assume the led was actually on when the shot was taken, but the flash drowned it out. perhaps...

ianmgull

Quote from: Slade on November 27, 2009, 07:14:12 AM
Really beautiful, Ian. I like how you used those knobs, the painting job is great.

Thanks so much. They're definitely my favorite knobs at the moment but you have to cut a few mm off of a standard 16mm alpha pot to get them to come to the bottom. If you've never tried cutting a pots shaft with a dremel cutoff wheel while the pot is in the pedal, don't.

PMcG No.6

My new creation! The 'Fat Foot'. Listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paNZjsk9YGE

Look at it here :):

Be seeing you!

-Chad
www.PenfarFX.com

Focalized

Hot Silicon

Octavias

Phaser/Vibe

deaconque

Quote from: Focalized on November 28, 2009, 11:21:05 PM
Hot Silicon

What kind of finish is that?  Looks like it's engraved.

Nikolay

These days I finish one passive looper.
Here a 2 pictures:

darron

Quote from: kefe13 on November 25, 2009, 02:04:32 PM

my gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey  :)

very cool. what do the switches do?