Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Focalized

Quote from: deaconque on November 29, 2009, 01:00:51 AM
Quote from: Focalized on November 28, 2009, 11:21:05 PM
Hot Silicon

What kind of finish is that?  Looks like it's engraved.

It's just an excessive coat of Rustoleum hammertone paint. It really flows all over the place if you lay it on heavy.
Getting the proper effect is trickier than I thought.

Slade

Phaser/Vibe

Is that a Phase 45 with vibe and mix mods?
Nice build ;)

deaconque

Quote from: Nikolay on November 29, 2009, 03:26:21 AM
These days I finish one passive looper.
Here a 2 pictures:

Very nice as always Nikolay.

mills

Combo of Tim E's PWM and Square wave shaper.  I'll add a better schematic and clips as soon as I can scan/record some as there were a few people interested.  (the layout here isn't quite right... One important wrong conection.)

Couple really stupid mistakes making this meant a LONG time debugging last night. Then ten minutes with a fresh start this morning.   :icon_rolleyes:

Strategy

nice "late 70s station wagon" look with the wood contact paper and brown knobs!! nicely cut so the metal underneath makes a really clean border.

I love wood print contact paper! (assuming that's what you used)

- Strategy
-----------------------------------------------------
www.strategymusic.com
www.community-library.net
https://soundcloud.com/strategydickow
https://twitter.com/STRATEGY_PaulD

mills

Thanks, I love that fake wood look too, and was actually thinking about my old AMC eagle wagon with the aesthetics!  I don't know if its the same thing, but I just picked up some vinyl sticker with the woodprint on it.  Probably not too durable and I couldn't clearcoat it on there, but its usually going to be an always on pedal in a loop so it shouldn't get stomped too much.

Strategy

A sturdy alternative to the contact paper is to look for the 3M stick-on wood veneer stuff. It's actual wood, thicker than paper. I did this spring reverb cover with it: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36392.msg652923#msg652923

it was stuff that the model making people at my work were throwing away; I can't find it online anywhere, but I don't really know what it's called. A phone call to 3M or McMaster-Carr or a similar place would probably get more info.

The stain I used did not go as dark as the contact paper reddish color but it takes stains well.

- Strategy
-----------------------------------------------------
www.strategymusic.com
www.community-library.net
https://soundcloud.com/strategydickow
https://twitter.com/STRATEGY_PaulD

mills

Thanks for the tip, I might look into that for some later builds.  The reverb and ringmod (and others) look great.

Nikolay

Thanks deaconque ! :icon_wink:

bancika

not exactly a pedal but still may be interesting...
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

compuwade

Here's my new Echo Base

And the guts..Not the greatest wireing,

punkin

WOW!  :icon_eek: that looks fantastic.
Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

DaveM

Well, here's project #2 of mine.  This one went a whole lot quicker than the FuzzWuzzy I posted previously  .I resisted the urge to add 20 mods to the project, so that's probably why it went quicker. It's my wood-and-sheetmetal rendition of Beavis' NoisyCricket.  Same as the FuzzyWuzzy, the box is completely handmade, and wired point-to-point. And the pictures:

And, the obligatory (spaghetti factory) gutshot:

cloudscapes

same multi-LFO vibrato I built a few months ago with some improvments/refinments. pots/leds are now mounted on the PCB, and added linear interpolation for the random LFO shape (in software). fixed irregular depth setting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

pazuzu

i build standing up on top of my amp because i have a bad back.... :icon_lol:

azrael

Quote from: Focalized on November 29, 2009, 03:58:49 AM
Quote from: deaconque on November 29, 2009, 01:00:51 AM
Hot Silicon

What kind of finish is that?  Looks like it's engraved.

It's just an excessive coat of Rustoleum hammertone paint. It really flows all over the place if you lay it on heavy.
Getting the proper effect is trickier than I thought.
I wanted to ask...what kind of transistors do you have in yours?

roseblood11

I used Bajamans layout. And yes, .... I will build your optical limiter, too!  :icon_wink:

@cloudscapes: Great, as always! What about posting the layout and the software?

Slade

Beautiful, roseblood11, congrats. Could you post a demo of yout Compulator? I'm really interested in this limiter/compressor  :)

frank_p

Quote from: cloudscapes on November 30, 2009, 08:48:00 PM

same multi-LFO vibrato I built a few months ago with some improvments/refinments. pots/leds are now mounted on the PCB, and added linear interpolation for the random LFO shape (in software). fixed irregular depth setting.

C'est extra !

arma61

Hi all

my "New Summer/Autumn Collection", I mean started to plan/build them in the summer and finished in autumn!!!  :D

The Waves Chewer (DriveMaster)

Optical Compressor

Highway to Hell (HW89)

Press&Compress (DynaComp)

The Muff (guess!)

The BSIABII

and a booster

Ciao
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen