News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegadrian

Tomas, may I tell you that strangely I don't see a perfect soldering job?! It looks "hurried up" at least to my eye...
sorry for the criticism...BTW, which kind of effect did you put in?!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

roseblood11

Quote from: jacobyjd on December 07, 2009, 09:46:59 AM
I like those holes that go the whole way through--since I have a wooden pedalboard, I could ignore velco altogether--just run a couple screws through those holes :-)

What about this one? http://www.banzaimusic.com/Hammond-1590B-FL.html

Thomeeque

Quote from: Renegadrian on December 07, 2009, 11:57:41 AM
Tomas, may I tell you that strangely I don't see a perfect soldering job?!

Hi Adriano!

I believe that gap between frequencycentral's and mine post is just too small! :icon_mrgreen:

But seriously, do you see some problematic joint there? or something else potentially problematic?

I usually don't clear flux unless it's necessary (e.g. when circuit does not work correctly and I try to double check bridging/traces/joints or I plan to modify PCB somehow or something similar), it makes no harm there otherwise IMO and protects joint chemically too. Plus I use Pb-free solder, it looks dull even in case of perfect joint (at least that's what they say on the label of the solder ;)).

These two factors maybe could lead to impression of not a perfect soldering job, but I believe, that from functional and practical point-of-view I did perfect job :)

Or is is due to wires not combed perfectly..? It's nothing fancy really, but angle of shot taken makes it look bit more messy then it is in reality..

It looks "hurried up" at least to my eye... sorry for the criticism...

Definitely no need to apologize, but please be specific :) If there's something wrong I'm really open to take a lesson (no sarcasm).. :)

BTW, which kind of effect did you put in?!

I'm sorry I can't tell on public, I'll send you PM..

Cheers, T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

markeebee

Quote from: Thomeeque on December 07, 2009, 06:38:28 PM

I'm sorry I can't tell on public....

The burst-proof enclosure gives us a clue.

Thomeeque

Quote from: markeebee on December 08, 2009, 05:56:53 AM
Quote from: Thomeeque on December 07, 2009, 06:38:28 PM

I'm sorry I can't tell on public....

The burst-proof enclosure gives us a clue.

So I don't have to tell you, that fake-guts from original post were already removed and replaced by the real ones ;) My friend Achmed was really pleased this time ;) T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

Renegadrian

Tomas, I had another glance at your gut pics - yeah the flux took me to think about a non perfect job - I see good joints and good wiring, also I am no John Lyons (which is very close to perfection IMHO) to say you went bad on it...
The solder I use don't make that flux spots, also I try to put as little as needed on...

Have a good day there in Prague!!!  :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Magnus

Hello together,
December is the best time for hot soldering-iron  ;)
Nice pedals!

Here is my little collection of DIY-Pedals, but those are not all, there are some pedals getting finished next time...

Rear (left to right):
- EHX Linear Power Booster "Booster-Grenade"
- Dallas Rangemaster "Rangemaster"
- AMZ Mini-Booster "Magic Tone Boost"
- Brian May Treble Booster "Cornish Treble Booster"
- DOD OVERDRIVE PREAMP 250 "250 Overdrive"
- MXR Distortion + "Distortion Plus"
- Mosfet Fuzz "Screamin' Face"

Front (left to right):
- AB-Box
- Ibanez Tubescreamer TS808 "OverdrivePro 808"
- Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face (Germanium) "Woodface"
- Sola Sound Tone Bender MKII "TONE BENDER MKII PROFESSIONAL"
- SansAmp GT2 "Analog Amp Modeler"
- Marshall The Guv'nor "Undead Govnor"
- Dr. Boogey "Rectifier IN A BOX"

The guitar on the left side is made of wire and solder  ;)

Greetings from Germany
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

Hupla

Quote from: Magnus on December 08, 2009, 08:29:33 AM
Hello together,
December is the best time for hot soldering-iron  ;)
Nice pedals!

Here is my little collection of DIY-Pedals, but those are not all, there are some pedals getting finished next time...

Rear (left to right):
- EHX Linear Power Booster "Booster-Grenade"
- Dallas Rangemaster "Rangemaster"
- AMZ Mini-Booster "Magic Tone Boost"
- Brian May Treble Booster "Cornish Treble Booster"
- DOD OVERDRIVE PREAMP 250 "250 Overdrive"
- MXR Distortion + "Distortion Plus"
- Mosfet Fuzz "Screamin' Face"

Front (left to right):
- AB-Box
- Ibanez Tubescreamer TS808 "OverdrivePro 808"
- Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face (Germanium) "Woodface"
- Sola Sound Tone Bender MKII "TONE BENDER MKII PROFESSIONAL"
- SansAmp GT2 "Analog Amp Modeler"
- Marshall The Guv'nor "Undead Govnor"
- Dr. Boogey "Rectifier IN A BOX"

The guitar on the left side is made of wire and solder  ;)

Greetings from Germany
Magnus

Great pedals Magnus.

I always wondered if anyone artist had used solder as a medium to make sculptures. I'd say you could make some crazy designs alright.

Anyone know of any?
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

compuwade

Those are some nice looking pedals!!

Here's my newest. The paint is waiting for my daughter to finish her graphics.

Purple Plexi Clone with Mods

And the inside

Thomeeque

Quote from: Renegadrian on December 08, 2009, 07:06:47 AM
Tomas, I had another glance at your gut pics - yeah the flux took me to think about a non perfect job - I see good joints and good wiring, also I am no John Lyons (which is very close to perfection IMHO) to say you went bad on it...
The solder I use don't make that flux spots, also I try to put as little as needed on...

Have a good day there in Prague!!!  :icon_wink:

Thanks for explanation, Adriano! I use external flux, I use it a lot, flux is my friend, it helps me with soldering and it helps after soldering as well and I won't dump it just to get nicer picture ;) Have a nice day there in Rome!! :) T.

Magnus

Hello,
QuoteGreat pedals Magnus.

I always wondered if anyone artist had used solder as a medium to make sculptures. I'd say you could make some crazy designs alright.
Thank you  ;)

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

Beros

Just put together a Trotsky. Needs some tweeking and paint.
Man ska inte ligga med lik

Taylor

Is that box cap translucent or dirty?

Beros

Quote from: Taylor on December 09, 2009, 05:40:31 PM
Is that box cap translucent or dirty?
Transculent.. RIFA made in sweden. Great mojo.
Man ska inte ligga med lik

rousejeremy

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

roseblood11

wow, great sound! Which schematic / transistors did you use?

rousejeremy

Thanks! It uses an MPSA13 and I built it with my own very small vero layout.
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Nikolay

I finish 2 new hm.. pedals ;)

One of them is regulated power supply. I use 125B box and put one 9V@2A switching power unit and classic transformer 18V@100mA supply with 7818.

Another one is programmable footcontroller. Before a few months I make the first one using this PIC control. Right now I make a few modifications.
Here are two pictures:

This controller can control up to 4 pedals before the amp. Also it can control channels of most amps and one loop in the amp.
I use on big PCB. There are microcontroller, relays, power suppy and analog schematics based over OPA2134.
I use small pcb for 2 buttons and leds for control.
Everything else is connected with wires

Also I'm proud because this controller is for a guitar player Pepi of Bulgarian band AKAGA.

Thomeeque

Quote from: Nikolay on December 10, 2009, 01:41:05 PM

Very nice builds, Nikolay!!

May I suggest one gimmick for future (as it's not probably your last multiswitch :))? Instead of making one big all-in-one PCB with all switches and then wiring in/out jacks by long wires to this PCB what about one small PCB with jacks and relay (or other switch) per one FX loop? You would have it modular (you could order batch of these PCBs and never have to worry about it again :)), much easier to install (you would have to solder only audio-signal wires between loops, control and Vcc could be handled by headers, you could use headers for control/Vcc wires at control/PSU PCB side as well /as you use it e.g. for LEDs now/), analog part would be separated from digital (this and short analog wiring would make it much more invulnerable agianst noises and signal loses, which is IMO most important advantage of this solution), design of control PCB would be easier as well etc..

This was basically my plan for my multiswitch (inspired partially even by your previous beautiful build btw.), which is still in initial design phase, so could you prove it for me meanwhile? :icon_mrgreen:

Cheers, T.

doug0147

This is my first picture on here. It's an Ibanez TS808 with the Keely mod and a switch for either clipping diodes or LED's