News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolay

Thanks for your idea, Thomeeque. If I use small pcb for each loop I need to have a lot of wire between loops and the big PCB: analog gnd, signal input, signal output, relay gnd, relay vcc, led vcc. Also I need to have one from left, and another from right for analog gnd and relay gnd. Generally 8 wires per loop.

I will continue to make this footcontroller, but to be more flexible I like to use wires, because sometimes I need for independent loop, amplifier control or effect loop, or something else maybe... I don't know...

Better is to make a big pcb which contain all leds, and short wires to buttons, again including everything with relays and independent layer for AGND. Again all connectors will be connected with wire for flexabillity.

Kitarist

Quote from: doug0147 on December 12, 2009, 01:25:19 AM
This is my first picture on here. It's an Ibanez TS808 with the Keely mod and a switch for either clipping diodes or LED's

what kind of paint is that?

doug0147

translucent copper. I got it from PedalPartsPlus.com

arma61

Hi all

my last build, a 68-MH !

Ciao
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Nikolay

December... I have a lot of work, and here is next custom effect: big muff:

It's a classic big muff pi schematic with true bypass and russian style design ;)

frequencycentral

A few more tiny tube amps for Santa to deliver to happy children the world over:

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

jkokura

Quote from: frequencycentral on December 13, 2009, 09:40:24 AM
A few more tiny tube amps for Santa to deliver to happy children the world over:

Dude. I gotta get you to make me one. Every time I see these mini amps I think "I gotta have one of those!"

I like blue. Would you make one with some blue in it if I were to get one?

Jacob

flintstoned

I forgot what I was gonna say here.

frequencycentral

Quote from: jkokura on December 13, 2009, 04:41:10 PM
Dude. I gotta get you to make me one. Every time I see these mini amps I think "I gotta have one of those!"

I like blue. Would you make one with some blue in it if I were to get one?

Jacob

PM'ed

KORGULL

Built this yesterday after more than three years of resting my soldering iron.
It felt good to complete an electronics project again - even a quickly thrown together, simple one like this.

deaconque

Quote from: KORGULL on December 13, 2009, 11:00:38 PM
Built this yesterday after more than three years of resting my soldering iron.
It felt good to complete an electronics project again - even a quickly thrown together, simple one like this.

Congrats.  Welcome back.

KORGULL

Thanks!  :icon_smile: maybe I'll even start visiting more forum areas besides the Lounge again  :icon_lol:
Finally have the work bench (it's a desk, actually) all cleaned up and am getting the rest of the surrounding area organized and cleaned.
Maybe I'll finally get the Tonebender, Small Stone, and Rebote Delay built that were planned so long ago. I still have all the parts for them gathered up and set aside. Just need to blow the dust off and get to work.

Really nice looking stuff being posted in this thread these days  :icon_cool:

noelgrassy

Quote from: Nikolay on December 13, 2009, 09:35:39 AM

It's a classic big muff pi schematic with true bypass and russian style design ;)

Great job Nikolay!
If you make more than a few I'd really like to buy one from you.
Both the outside & the inside kick so much ass! Is the Cyrillic typical control labeling
or does it say something more subversive? I wish I could read those cool letters.

In the words of that celebrated American hero Popeye,
"I can read reading but I can't read writing
and this writing is wroten wrong". 
Have fun,

Noel Grassy.
"Of the demonstrably wise there are but two: those who commit suicide, and those who keep their reasoning faculties atrophied by drink." Mark TwGL

darron

Quote from: Nikolay on December 13, 2009, 09:35:39 AM

crazy concept coordinating those opposing pots! lol. i might steal that idea one day!
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Thomeeque

Quote from: Nikolay on December 12, 2009, 03:28:02 AM
Thanks for your idea, Thomeeque. If I use small pcb for each loop I need to have a lot of wire between loops and the big PCB: analog gnd, signal input, signal output, relay gnd, relay vcc, led vcc. Also I need to have one from left, and another from right for analog gnd and relay gnd. Generally 8 wires per loop.

I will continue to make this footcontroller, but to be more flexible I like to use wires, because sometimes I need for independent loop, amplifier control or effect loop, or something else maybe... I don't know...

Better is to make a big pcb which contain all leds, and short wires to buttons, again including everything with relays and independent layer for AGND. Again all connectors will be connected with wire for flexabillity.

Hi Nikolay!

Thanks for this insight! I did miss need for analog ground wire (I have somehow missed the fact, that you probably use isolated jacks) and did not know about LEDs dependency on FX loop circuitry, so my "wire-count per loop" was significanlty less.. and I did overvalued my concept from other points-of-view too ;) So it was me who got educated, but that's not so bad at all :icon_mrgreen:

Cheers, T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

roseblood11

EHX Muff Fuzz, Opamp Version, with Gus Smaleys mods:

Nikolay

Thanks guys.

Thomeeque, because my english is not so good I show you a picture of my idea:

The big green pcb can be configured with jumpers for each relay control.

noelgrassy, thank you. I like to get old russian vintage style design. This is not a modern.. as I think.. ;) The labeling is similar to classic controls in english: level, tone and drive. The name in english is big mufta :) or big muff.. really but there is nothing subversive. I try to get a different view of old russian big muff pi.
I can make a pedal for you as you like to be. I will write a PM.

darron, There is a lot of pedals which use this concept. For me this is the best for small pedals like this one. To use bigger knobs like chickens you need to increase the distance from lower pot from PCB. In this way I solder upper pots to pcb, put the lower pot in the pcb without soldering, put the board to the box, screw the nuts and solder the legs of the lower pot.

frequencycentral

4ms Autonomous Bassline, built from a kit (obviously - no perf). Hours and hours of fun. I am Kraftwerk now.

Geez! Building kits is so quick and easy compared to what I usually do! Why do I torture myself???

jacobyjd

Very nice, Rick! Now you need to get a Nintendo DS with the DS-10 cartridge--then you'd REALLY be mini-synthing it up :)
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

frequencycentral

Quote from: jacobyjd on December 14, 2009, 08:18:03 PM
Very nice, Rick! Now you need to get a Nintendo DS with the DS-10 cartridge--then you'd REALLY be mini-synthing it up :)

Nah, I've got a bunch of modular synths to do that stuff for real. The 4ms thing is fun though, now I NEED some of these: http://ericarcher.net/devices/mk2/