News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aziltz

Quote from: frequencycentral on December 14, 2009, 07:45:26 PM
Geez! Building kits is so quick and easy compared to what I usually do! Why do I torture myself???

What gives more satisfaction Rick?  I've been getting more of a kick from making PCBs recently, but I still enjoy taking a kit and hacking it to pieces...

Slade

Very very good buildings there... Those mini amps from Rick's enterprises are really beautiful  :icon_biggrin:

Here is a Tonepad's Phase 90 that I made for a friend, it has a Depth Mod and a speed indicator led:

Guts:

[The Ruz's etching tutorial is almost ready...   :icon_twisted:]

aziltz

Etching Tutorial would be Rockin'!

One last do-over of my very first build, a 5-Knob Comp.  This one has more efficient wiring and no cold solder joints!  Hammertone Rust-oleum and Dry Transfer Lettering + Clear Coat.

And a 5-Band Parametric EQ, the first of two custom jobs.  This one has a feedback/bypass looper and parallel inputs.

frequencycentral

Quote from: aziltz on December 14, 2009, 10:21:08 PM
Geez! Building kits is so quick and easy compared to what I usually do! Why do I torture myself???

What gives more satisfaction Rick?  I've been getting more of a kick from making PCBs recently, but I still enjoy taking a kit and hacking it to pieces...

Actually you're right, I get the most satisfaction from the copperside of a beautifully soldered perfboard.  ;D

Quote from: Slade on December 15, 2009, 10:56:56 AM
Very very good buildings there... Those mini amps from Rick's enterprises are really beautiful  :icon_biggrin:

[The Ruz's etching tutorial is almost ready...   :icon_twisted:]

Thanks Slade! Really looking forward to the etching tutorial, it's outside my comfort zone, but yours are so beautiful that I'm tempted.
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral on December 15, 2009, 11:52:43 AM
Quote from: aziltz on December 14, 2009, 10:21:08 PM

Actually you're right, I get the most satisfaction from the copperside of a beautifully soldered perfboard.  ;D

Yet there will soon be one pcb coming your way.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Güero

Quote from: JSW on November 24, 2009, 12:18:30 PM
My first build ever.

BYOC 250

this  remember me something....
Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

mikemaddux

Quote from: rousejeremy on December 10, 2009, 12:26:03 AM
Bazz Fuss

Here it is with a pedal steel http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/rousejeremy/audio/Steel.mp3.html

Good to see another pedal steel player on here.....what steel do you play?  I play a '73 Sho-Bud LDG
Completed Builds: A lot...

roseblood11

My first etched enclosure ever: A Catalinbread "Dirty Little Secret"
Unfortunately it doesn´t work properly - there´s a howling sound at higher gain settings.

gutshot - I used batteryacidteas layout...

FiveseveN

Back to "ugly" pedals  ;D
Demolator = Grace into Smash Box with a rather small coupling cap, so it's sort of a Distortus Maximus and Tufnel Distortion hybrid.
If it looks like it (barely) survived the Chernobyl incident then I've met my goal.

Quote from: R.G. on July 31, 2018, 10:34:30 PMDoes the circuit sound better when oriented to magnetic north under a pyramid?

elshiftos

Quote from: roseblood11 on December 16, 2009, 05:40:34 PM
My first etched enclosure ever: A Catalinbread "Dirty Little Secret"
Unfortunately it doesn´t work properly - there´s a howling sound at higher gain settings.

gutshot - I used batteryacidteas layout...

Can I ask where you got the footswitches from? They appear to have pins as opposed to solder tags, which would be ideal for pcb mounting.

Thanks

roseblood11

Those are Alpha pcb-mount switches. Most supplier have them in stock.

SonicVI

Germanium Fuzzrite

Slade

roseblood11, that's a great etching, I can't believe it's your first time  :icon_eek:!
Looks great, congrats!
Here's another one.. Compressor, Eq, Volume Boost, Bass Boost. The Booster section can go through amp loop or after the compressor with the side switch. A great machine, I'm very pleased with it.

Slade

Here is what I promissed.. The multicolor etching tutorial  :icon_biggrin:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=80962.0

compuwade

Thats really awesome...Thanks for that!!! BTW...what do you use for etchant?

JKowalski

Quote from: FiveseveN on December 16, 2009, 08:13:11 PM
If it looks like it (barely) survived the Chernobyl incident then I've met my goal.

I'd say that was a success   :icon_smile:

Looks great

compuwade

Here's my latest. It's a Fet Booster. The pictures really do not give it justice. It started out black, but the graphics looked terrible so I decided on spraying a little gold hammerd paint on top of it and it turned out really nice. It looks pretty close to a granite counter top with gold flake. I'm very pleased with it

And the inside:

kabi

My new Boogeyman finished, at last, after several days of troubleshooting

The knobs are temporary since my order is on the way, i'll replace these with some that replicate the original design of the amp

I have to admit that this turned out a very interesting, full sounding, bassy distortion unit. Could be worked out a little more i guess but it's definitely a keeper as is in my opinion. Unfortunately it's not one of neatest builds (i'm becoming lazy lately)  but it works perfectly so i'll call it a day and move on to the next one  ;)

Once again my apologies for the pics quality, just can't get rid of this crappy cellphone and use a real camera  :P

darron

let's get in some festive colours?

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

bobp1339

Quote from: darron on December 18, 2009, 04:28:33 PM
let's get in some festive colours?

Very nice!!  I love how you do your paint jobs!!
"I love the smell of solder in the morning..."

...Bazz Fuss, EA Trem, Ross Comp, MXR Env Filter, Orange Squeezer, custom bass preamp...
http://chindigband.com