News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birt

i was wondering where this thread went, new forum huh? (stupid me.)

http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

Sirppi

birt

easy, find some funky looking plactic knobs. sand them down a bit so they are really rough, paint them and wipe the paint off.
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

Slade

Quote from: Magnus on December 24, 2009, 07:05:38 AM
@Slade:
The way you realized the led's which show the activated
switch-position with the bigger getting holes is awesome!

Thanks! I loved it too!

Quote from: Kearns892 on December 24, 2009, 10:43:32 AM
This is one of my favorites of yours yet. I don't understand how you can produce so many of these awesome effects so rapidly! Enjoy your well deserved break. I hope to be trying my first etches (inspired by your work and tutorial) very soon.

I don't eat, don't rest and don't stop ever... the thing is that behind this desk I'm a machine doing mass production.

Haha, just kidding.
Thanks for your kind words, I'm very happy for I can inspire somebody with my work.

Processaurus

A nouveau-elderly mic preamp.  First non pedal electronics project!  More about it

flo

@birt:
How did you do the "rust look" on the enclosures? I like it!

birt

it's not a rust look. it's just rust :p

i had a thin piece of iron (it used to be some piece of an oven as far as i know) laying outside in the rain. selected some nice looking parts and cut them to size. they aren't glued on but held in place by the pots and switch.

the leafs are really just leaves. dried and clearcoated

Kearns892

Alright, the first pedals I've decided to add to the thread. The first one is a modified Bazz Fuss I made for my younger brother for Christmas, the second a Hot Silicon Fuzz (which I love).

Sorry for the low Res pics.

Renegadrian

I am for extremes, it's either such simple designs or intricated complex pieces of art...
I like those last two!!!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Kearns892

Quote from: Renegadrian on December 28, 2009, 07:30:06 PM
I am for extremes, it's either such simple designs or intricated complex pieces of art...
I like those last two!!!

Thanks Renegadrian! I love the look of the aluminium in pedals. I'm hoping for some etches in my future, but for now decals will have to do.

Nikolay

The last (maybe) pedal this year:

Kitarist

How much are you selling these for?

Thanks!!!

DUY1337GUITAR

duuude, that's tight.  I gotta make one of those sometime. 
Check out my guitar build at http://www.youtube.com/user/DUY1337GUITAR

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong....

glops

JKowalski

Quote from: glops on December 29, 2009, 06:20:43 PM
Uglyface

Ahahahahahaha

I love it!

Gotta see it with it's "eyes" lit up  :icon_biggrin:

JKowalski

Tap tempo tremolo using Electric Druid's wonderful TAPLFO program for the PIC16F684.

Controls are all the chip's standards - Depth, Waveform, Duty Cycle and Speed.

The rear panel has the Multiplier speed pot, and the three jacks are 1/8 "sync" jacks - One an square wave output from the LFO, one a inverted square wave output ffrom the LFO, and one a tap input for the chip. So, I can sync two pedals with the chip together just by connecting them through the 1/8" jacks (LFO square out to tap in), or hook up a tap tempo switch to any of their tap inputs, or hook multiple pedals up to the same tap tempo momentary switch, or hook them up with inverted LFOs with respect to each other for push-me-pull-you style snyching... use the multiplier pot to ratio their syncs.... Or I can just use it stand-alone non tap tempo tremolo, as it has the speed pot as well.

Trem lune style audio path, it is suggested in the chip app notes and it's my favorite trem anyways  :icon_biggrin:

Next up will be a phaser+vibrato/chorus pedal with the same LFO system, and then a universal tap controller pedal. After that, we'll see.

Needs some artwork/lettering still though!

Got a little cramped in there in the end   :icon_neutral:

glops

Awesome work, JKowalski.  Thanks for including that link!  Your build sounds really interesting and I've been wanting to do a tremolo lately.

The Uglyface is a nice little beast with the red LED eyes!

jkokura

Quote from: JKowalski on December 30, 2009, 01:27:34 AM
Tap tempo tremolo using Electric Druid's wonderful TAPLFO program for the PIC16F684.

Controls are all the chip's standards - Depth, Waveform, Duty Cycle and Speed.

The rear panel has the Multiplier speed pot, and the three jacks are 1/8 "sync" jacks - One an square wave output from the LFO, one a inverted square wave output ffrom the LFO, and one a tap input for the chip. So, I can sync two pedals with the chip together just by connecting them through the 1/8" jacks (LFO square out to tap in), or hook up a tap tempo switch to any of their tap inputs, or hook multiple pedals up to the same tap tempo momentary switch, or hook them up with inverted LFOs with respect to each other for push-me-pull-you style snyching... use the multiplier pot to ratio their syncs.... Or I can just use it stand-alone non tap tempo tremolo, as it has the speed pot as well.

Trem lune style audio path, it is suggested in the chip app notes and it's my favorite trem anyways  :icon_biggrin:

Next up will be a phaser+vibrato/chorus pedal with the same LFO system, and then a universal tap controller pedal. After that, we'll see.

Needs some artwork/lettering still though!

Got a little cramped in there in the end   :icon_neutral:

Dude... is this what's come out of that "let's design a tap tempo" thread? That's freaking unreal! I'm so proud of you! (Strange to say yes, but I mean it)

I look forward to continue following you developing this project and then also seeing the potential for building something similar. I would like to build a standalone tap tempo trem, but this makes me also want to build a big multi-effects unit, one with a Trem, phaser and maybe flange or vibe with the ability to do exactly like this is doing - sync taps to one tap switch, different tap switches, different or same ratios, opposite/same LFO's - the possibilities are endless, and really, really, really exciting to think about.

Great work. Get some art on there in a hurry! Maybe something to do with Happy Gilmore's "just tap it in... tap it in"

Jacob

JKowalski

Quote from: jkokura on December 30, 2009, 03:25:49 AM
Dude... is this what's come out of that "let's design a tap tempo" thread? That's freaking unreal! I'm so proud of you! (Strange to say yes, but I mean it)

I look forward to continue following you developing this project and then also seeing the potential for building something similar. I would like to build a standalone tap tempo trem, but this makes me also want to build a big multi-effects unit, one with a Trem, phaser and maybe flange or vibe with the ability to do exactly like this is doing - sync taps to one tap switch, different tap switches, different or same ratios, opposite/same LFO's - the possibilities are endless, and really, really, really exciting to think about.

Great work. Get some art on there in a hurry! Maybe something to do with Happy Gilmore's "just tap it in... tap it in"

You'd have to thank Electric Druid, he made it all possible  :icon_biggrin:

I was lucky enough to have just taken an interest in learning to code PIC's before he came out with his code, and I already had the chips and programmer to cook one up.

Yeah, I really can't wait till I get a couple of these pedals finished and get to mess with them together!

G. Hoffman

Quote from: JKowalski on December 30, 2009, 12:25:27 PM
Quote from: jkokura on December 30, 2009, 03:25:49 AM

You'd have to thank Electric Druid, he made it all possible  :icon_biggrin:

I was lucky enough to have just taken an interest in learning to code PIC's before he came out with his code, and I already had the chips and programmer to cook one up.

Yeah, I really can't wait till I get a couple of these pedals finished and get to mess with them together!

You know, I just made a first run at a tap trem using Molten Voltage's MV-53, which I like a lot, but I might have to make one of these too so I can compare.  I have the chips and programmer already as well, so it wouldn't take too much.  I've got to finish a MIDI looper first, I think, and I really need to spend some extra hours at the shop working on guitars, but this has some cool features that the MV-53 doesn't - though the MV-53 has some features this doesn't, which are also cool.  I guess I might need to have both!

My (really ugly) MV-53 Tap Trem - I'll be making a MUCH better box, and a slightly different audio path for it soon:

The inside, which is also pretty ugly:

Gabriel