News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HAHAHAHAHA !! I remember that photo from ages ago. I think it was in this thread.

solderman

Quote from: danielzink on January 03, 2010, 01:43:04 AM
Rick's (frequencycentral) Casuality 4 Phaser.

Finally found a use for the Lucibox that's been sitting around for a year...

Changes : speed pot changed to 500kC and R5 changed to a trimpot (though 68k really seems to be the sweet spot)

Dan

Really nice red Christmas coloured PCB. Where did you find that one?
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

EARNEST

Quote from: danielzink on January 03, 2010, 01:43:04 AM

Dan
Damn, the tracks are so-o-o perfect. How did you manage to do that? Thanks
Dean Razorback V255 w/EMG 81/85 @18V -> Bugera 6262-212
---
DIY projects:
TS clone, in progress http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=78871.0

Taylor

Quote from: EARNEST on January 05, 2010, 08:37:14 AM

I was thinking the same thing. I can't usually get my transfer to have high enough resolution for that kind of smoothness.

wavley

Quote from: Volkmar on December 30, 2009, 05:36:44 PM
Hello my new amp Gibson KALAMAZOO project

Is this a variation of the Kalamazoo Model One?

I have one that I've modded a bit... cathode bypass caps, Sunn Speaker, stiffer power supply, and a few other little things, that thing SCREAMS
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

choklitlove

my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

solderman

Quote from: Taylor on January 05, 2010, 02:44:07 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I can't usually get my transfer to have high enough resolution for that kind of smoothness.

My guess is that the PCB was made by using the fotoresist method instead of P-n-P. With The artwork printed on OH- transparent with a laser printer and a pane of glass on top when exposing to avoid the UV light to get in-between the artwork and the copperplate a resolution down to 0.1mm is possible. (0,047inch) My experience is that the quality different between vendors of cupper plate and some have to be exposed longer which will give a less accurate transfer

Am I out in the blue here Dan??
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

arma61

Hi there

one for my bandmate and one for me!

Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Slade

Here's my last, the Space Devibe, a Univibe and an analog sounding delay in one box, really psychedelic!

Regards,

Fernando.-

fuzzo

Hupla

Quote from: Slade on January 06, 2010, 10:19:38 AM
Here's my last, the Space Devibe, a Univibe and a analog sounding delay in one box, really psychodelic!

Regards,

Fernando.-
I still dont know how you fade the two colors in together? My spray paint just runs together
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

jacobyjd

Quote from: Hupla on January 06, 2010, 10:49:07 AM
I still dont know how you fade the two colors in together? My spray paint just runs together

Hold the can farther away--it looks like he's just giving it a couple dust-coats from a good distance away. You can get some nice color effects this way.
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

MarcoMike

psychedelic!! I can guess! I remember having a lot of fun with my pedal controlled phaser and a delay... I should hurry up the rebuilt of that phaser!

great work fernando!
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

Slade

Quote from: MarcoMike on January 06, 2010, 08:06:52 PM
psychedelic!! I can guess! I remember having a lot of fun with my pedal controlled phaser and a delay... I should hurry up the rebuilt of that phaser!

great work fernando!
Quote from: fuzzo on January 06, 2010, 10:45:31 AM
:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Wonderfull !

Thanks for your words! I'm glad you like it, soon I'll be uploading a video demo.

Quote from: jacobyjd on January 06, 2010, 10:51:24 AM
Hold the can farther away--it looks like he's just giving it a couple dust-coats from a good distance away. You can get some nice color effects this way.

Yes that's all the "trick". Thanks, Josh ;)

compuwade

Quote from: Slade on January 06, 2010, 10:19:38 AM
Here's my last, the Space Devibe, a Univibe and an analog sounding delay in one box, really psychedelic!

Regards,

Fernando.-

You think you're so cool with all your designs and stuff!!!! Well....So do I!!!
Great stuff, keep um coming!

Slade

Haha, thanks! I'll keep on it ;)

bobp1339

Quote from: Slade on January 06, 2010, 08:54:56 PM
Yes that's all the "trick". Thanks, Josh ;)

Do you use the Krylon plastic paint?
Do you clear coat?

Very nice work!
"I love the smell of solder in the morning..."

...Bazz Fuss, EA Trem, Ross Comp, MXR Env Filter, Orange Squeezer, custom bass preamp...
http://chindigband.com

studiostud

Quote from: roseblood11 on December 25, 2009, 03:33:35 AM
Catalinbread SFT, made as a christmas present for my wife:

I really hope your wife is a guitar player...  cause if not, that is the most awesome "hey honey, guess what I got you for christmas...  a bowling ball!!!"  gift idea ever.
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

danielzink

Quote from: solderman on January 06, 2010, 07:22:28 AM
Quote from: Taylor on January 05, 2010, 02:44:07 PM

My guess is that the PCB was made by using the fotoresist method instead of P-n-P. With The artwork printed on OH- transparent with a laser printer and a pane of glass on top when exposing to avoid the UV light to get in-between the artwork and the copperplate a resolution down to 0.1mm is possible. (0,047inch) My experience is that the quality different between vendors of cupper plate and some have to be exposed longer which will give a less accurate transfer

Am I out in the blue here Dan??

What ? you were looking in my window when I was making these boards ?   ;D  ;D  ;D

pretty much a perfect explanation.

Dan

nbabmf

Son of Screamer with a toggle for germanium or LED clipping

The difference between the two is so drastic.  The germaniums have a classic sound with a warmth and compression-- perfect for white boy blues and other things that call for low to medium gain haha.  The LED's are much louder and crunchier.

It was also my first time using this larger wire.  It's 22 gauge but I didn't realize the insulation was so thick until I saw it next to the red and black wire I use to connect power.  I like it, though... it's beefy!