Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EARNEST

Dean Razorback V255 w/EMG 81/85 @18V -> Bugera 6262-212
---
DIY projects:
TS clone, in progress http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=78871.0

Slade

I didn't get that... but thanks!

jkokura

I think he means Van Halen, and he's referencing the criss crossing lines on your pedal.

Slade, your work is honestly astonishing. I hope you never go commercial with it though, cause every one-of you make makes me want to build more, but if anyone could go and get a pedal as good looking as yours there'd be no hope for guys like me! Truly, your work is very good.

Jacob

Slade

Haha, you're right, that's it...

Well I don't  want to go commercial doing this pedals. I put a big effort in everyone of them to get good sounds and good finishings and I don't think I could do the same going commercial making a lot of pedals at a month. If you look at my blog I only produce 6-7 pedals at a month, not a big quantity like the big enterprises ;)

Thanks for your kind words, I feel very flattered with all this and I love to inspire people with this things.

roseblood11

Quote from: studiostud on January 09, 2010, 12:13:48 PM
Quote from: roseblood11 on December 25, 2009, 03:33:35 AM
Catalinbread SFT, made as a christmas present for my wife:

I really hope your wife is a guitar player...  cause if not, that is the most awesome "hey honey, guess what I got you for christmas...  a bowling ball!!!"  gift idea ever.

lol!
She´s a bass player...

Stompin Tom

Quote from: roseblood11 on December 25, 2009, 03:33:35 AM
Catalinbread SFT, made as a christmas present for my wife:

So, any idea how this compares to ROG's flipster? Looking at building something like this... I'm a bit short on time or I'd just build them both.

nbabmf

The Dirt With No Name #2

studiostud

Quote from: nbabmf on January 10, 2010, 09:55:57 AM
Son of Screamer with a toggle for germanium or LED clipping

The difference between the two is so drastic.  The germaniums have a classic sound with a warmth and compression-- perfect for white boy blues and other things that call for low to medium gain haha.  The LED's are much louder and crunchier.

It was also my first time using this larger wire.  It's 22 gauge but I didn't realize the insulation was so thick until I saw it next to the red and black wire I use to connect power.  I like it, though... it's beefy!

How did you get that finish on the enclosure?  That looks really nice.  Almost like a wood grain.
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

jkokura

Here's a whole whack of recent builds, work from the past several months.. I finally got graphics on them - I've been waiting post until I considered them all done, and I managed to get many done last night. Hence the pictures today. These are a combination of Tonepad PCB's and BYOC Kits.

Orange Squeezer (renamed the Orange Juicer) from Tonepad. This box is the second home for this PCB, the first was decidedly shabby, and also featured a metal DC jack that I couldn't redrill for a plastic one, so i had to move it into a 125B to go with my favored in/out/dc on the top of the box. I decided to route all the wires through the standoff holes in that earlier box, and it barely worked in the newer, larger box. Graphics came out ok. I want a black knob now, whereas the earlier featured the white better.

And the Guts

BYOC Kit for the 10 Band EQ. I'm not %100 satisfied. I had heard this thing would be dead quiet, and simply sounded good. I haven't found that to be yet, but I'm going to keep working on it until I figure out why it's so noisy. The case features some abuse, and the white paint came out a little grey (grey primer was used...) and I couldn't find a good surface for my 'brand logo' so I had to wrap it around... All in all, I'm only slightly happy with how it came out.

And the Guts

BYOC Reverb - this thing has soooo much reverb on tap! On max settings it sounds like my amp is at the other end of a hockey arena with poorer than average acoustics - this thing makes my guitar sound soooo small - it's awesome. I even modded it by reducing R14 from 33 down to 10. It's almost great at 2-3 right now. I think I'll reduce it down to 5.1k and see if I can get more useable settings. A future mod for this might end up being a DPDT switch between a 5.1k and a 25-35k resistor to give you 'long' and 'short' reverb settings. The graphics kinda did something funky when I baked the clear coat. Ah well. Cool pedal, and a keeper.

And the Guts
http://img263.imageshack.us/i/img0852u.jpg/

The Small Clone created so many of the sounds I loved growing up (Grunge kid) so I had to build one when I saw Tonepad had a PCB. I LOVE this thing. I've only ever had Boss choruses, and this pedal has such a different sound - I may never go back! (Although I hear the CE-2 is a good build. I want to build another one of these in a DD pedal with Reverb and Dual PT2399 Delay (with tap of course). That thing would never leave my Acoustic Pedal board. Also, I'm a bit of a star wars geek.

And the guts

An MXR Headphone amp was one of my favorite builds - stupid simple, and helps me check all my builds now! It's mainly for practicing and for debuging purposes, so it doesn't have a switch. Mostly, it sits on my workdesk and looks at me. I'm Canadian, and that's a pirate maple leaf.

And the Guts

A mini SHO! I think this thing is pretty funky, and can see why they're popular to build. Easy, only a few parts, and they have so much boost available it's almost silly. I built it in a 1590a, input is on the vertical right, and the output is on the top of the case. I build all my stuff with jacks on the top so they can sit side by side. This thing (when it's used) will sit on the far right of my board, though I think it might not get there very often - I like it in front of the Headphone amp to give me a little dirt.

And the Guts

More to come, but that's all for now folks.

Jacob

Kitarist

Nice but the question is how did you print white color on that water decal

Thanks!!!

nbabmf

Quote from: studiostud on January 12, 2010, 03:51:35 PM
How did you get that finish on the enclosure?  That looks really nice.  Almost like a wood grain.

That's a Pedal Parts Plus enclosure.  The enclosure was brushed to get the lines and then finished in translucent paint.  I need to build a paint booth because I live in a very dry, dusty area... and having a horse doesn't help.

jkokura

Quote from: Kitarist on January 12, 2010, 06:35:05 PM
Nice but the question is how did you print white color on that water decal

Thanks!!!

It's not a water decal actually, I think I noted it but I can expound. I don't own a printer, and the one at work isn't going to print graphics anytime soon, so I went for another alternative and found a local sign company that can print labels off. The material they print onto is clear vinyl, and their printer for this job used a foil (I think that's the term) that comes in many different colors. I only ever got them to print white and black. Works much like a big sticker.

The company I used does a lot of sign work (hence the name signworks). What they did for me is very similar to the process they would go through for printing decals for Motocross bikes, helmets, and other vinyl stickers.

That's how I got white.

Jacob

chromesphere

'The Family' :-)

Wasn't my intention of making them look like Lego bricks, unless you like it, then it was completely on purpose.

From left to right:
- Pulsar
- MXR Dist+
- Rat
- Big Muff
- TS808
- Small Stone
- Rebote 2.5
- Orange Squeezer
- NPN Booster

Made a few others, not really worth mentioning.  Working on a Dr Boogie, and a Small Clone at the moment.

Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

$uperpuma

Repeat Offender.  It Repeats! It Offends!  Rebote 2 with an oscillation switch so you don't have to bend down for the crazyness
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

fuzzo

can you explain more about the osc. switch ? where do you put it in the circuit ?  I'm thinking about building one of them with some additional controls .

Slade

I think it's a mommentary switch that connects lugs 2 and 3 of the feedback pot. It's a very simple and useful mod!  :icon_biggrin:

AudioMime

Quote from: fuzzo on January 13, 2010, 11:09:05 AM
can you explain more about the osc. switch ? where do you put it in the circuit ?  I'm thinking about building one of them with some additional controls .

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6410
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AUDIO MIME
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Quote from: rousejeremy
Stick the Tremulus Lune in a Feedback Loop and your neighbors will call the cops on you. Which will be awesome.

Brymus

Quote from: Processaurus on December 27, 2009, 12:32:28 AM

A nouveau-elderly mic preamp.  First non pedal electronics project!  More about it
Holy Cow
That is incredible !!!!
You and Slade make Art !!!!!
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

bbmonster

Not a pedal, but this site got me into guitar electronics. My progression of diy amps. First was the Ruby, then frequencycentral's Murder One, and now this, a Firefly I built using Paul Marossy's layout. The chassis edges looks a bit wobbly because it was my try at bending a discarded VCR shell. Back to pedals for now so that I can populate a pedal board.

frequencycentral

^^^

That looks great Bernard!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!