SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobp1339

Really nice build! +1 for reusing the VCR shell!   :icon_biggrin:
"I love the smell of solder in the morning..."

...Bazz Fuss, EA Trem, Ross Comp, MXR Env Filter, Orange Squeezer, custom bass preamp...
http://chindigband.com

Leston Braun

a Wah I built for myself, basic Crybaby-circuit tweaked with the help of R.G.'s article about wha's. Rotary switch for 4 different modes of operation; thin, normal, heavy and bass. Polished treadle will most likely oxidize with time, but that's life. The case is painted with 2k car paint mixed with matting agent and texturizing agent.

And the guts:

ShortScaleMike

Some new ones, obviously not in the same league as some of the stuff on here, particularly those etches. Beautiful!

Slade

Quote from: Geoff Leonard on January 16, 2010, 01:47:24 PM
a Wah I built for myself, basic Crybaby-circuit tweaked with the help of R.G.'s article about wha's. Rotary switch for 4 different modes of operation; thin, normal, heavy and bass. Polished treadle will most likely oxidize with time, but that's life. The case is painted with 2k car paint mixed with matting agent and texturizing agent.

And the guts:

Really beautiful build.. Very organized and clean wiring, congrats!  :icon_biggrin:

kurtlives

Great looking wah, very classy.

What's with the mini toggle mounted inside? Very intriguing...
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Leston Braun

Quote from: kurtlives on January 16, 2010, 02:39:54 PM

Great looking wah, very classy.

What's with the mini toggle mounted inside? Very intriguing...

Thanks! The toggle changes the direction (treble end for the heel) of the wah. First wah I've ever played with was a rehoused Ibanez Wau Wau Fuzz (with the fuzz section omitted) which had the direction reversed, and while I've played with "normal" wha's more, I wanted to have the option for reverse wha. Probably won't ever touch the switch, but "If it could be built, I shall build it". Spent quite a lot of time to make the aluminium standoff for the switch btw..

mattthegamer463

First good pedal I've ever built:

Foxx Tone Machine in a steel enclosure that I designed and built from 18 gauge cold steel.

Kearns892

That enclosure looks great, very old school vibe.

Fender3D

Quote from: Geoff Leonard on January 16, 2010, 03:50:41 PM

Thanks! The toggle changes the direction (treble end for the heel) of the wah. First wah I've ever played with was a rehoused Ibanez Wau Wau Fuzz (with the fuzz section omitted) which had the direction reversed, and while I've played with "normal" wha's more, I wanted to have the option for reverse wha. Probably won't ever touch the switch, but "If it could be built, I shall build it". Spent quite a lot of time to make the aluminium standoff for the switch btw..

Geoff thank you!!
I build my first wha following a schematic on a magazine, then I stole my keyboard player's volume pedal and put the whole stuff in. Only, I never had played a "real" wha, then I built it "reversed"...
I guessed to be the only person in the world...
By the way I feel reversed whas kinda "onomatopoeic", 'cause you'll "open" the sound the same way you'll "open" your mouth to simulate it... :)
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

glops

Awesome enclosure, Matt.  Are you thinking of selling enclosures?

Slade

I love that enclosure, matt...  :o
I really want one of those...

Here's the last I made, it's a Super Modified Univox Superfuzz!

And here is the video demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwSDaeR5o6A

Regards,

Fernando.-

mattthegamer463

Quote from: glops on January 16, 2010, 07:24:39 PM
Awesome enclosure, Matt.  Are you thinking of selling enclosures?

Well I never thought of it, but it could be done, certainly.  PM me if you're more interested.

davent

Hi all,

OK another ...not a pedal but... is a great platform for testing/auditioning them. Built it some time ago based on a Fender 5f2a schematic that was on,  i think, Steve's Amp Pages which seem to be MIA,  to use as a tube auditioner for my little collection of tubes. Turned out to be great with pedals as well, turned up plenty loud enough it stays clean so you get a good aural picture of what is going on with the pedal.

Has parallel preamp sockets so i can try out  the various tubes of the 12a_7  family, the 6s_7  family as well as the 6eu7's that i have, (allows parallelling the different types too).  Can run fixed bias or adjustable/cathode bias and has a switchable 4k/6 OT primary for the different octal output tubes stashed away someplace.  Switchable cathode caps on the preamp triodes so when needed - lots of snarl. NFB can be varied or turned off if not wanted.

Had just used transparencey/overhead film and clear packing tape to make labels when i first put it together but this week finally got around to doing a faceplate.

Take care
dave

Preamp Board & Sockets

Bias Board

Power Supply

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

kurtlives

That's a great looking build Dave!

I really like your construction technique. You seem to over design while being creative, I love doing that with my builds as well.

Do you have a schem for this? A few things intrigue me...
Whats the transistor on the bias board do?
What do the three knobs on the front do?
Are the two 3R resistors in parallel to drop the heater voltage?
What octal are you running now? Looks to stat with 5...5881?

Anyways, looks like a killer amp.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

frequencycentral

Now available in fashionable RED. Murder One's always available to forum members at great prices.

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

craigjames

overdrive inspired by one of john lyons super pedals!! this was really fast and easy, i cant wait to experiment with more wood/metal combos :icon_mrgreen:

Slade

Quote from: frequencycentral on January 17, 2010, 12:09:48 PM
Now available in fashionable RED. Murder One's always available to forum members at great prices.

And you say that I am the best at making beautiful products?
That's beautiful, Rick, awesome color and amazing work.

solderman

Hi
Since amps have become more common here I thought I would show mine too.  ;)

As you can se it is not finished yet. It's called Pravda. its a two channel aprox 2W apm. The preamp is based on the SOVTEK MIG 50 head. And the power stage is based on the Fender Champ but with an EL90 as power source. Its a back to back transformer setup with an 12V-1A AC wall wort and a 12V-2A transformer, the one on the top. After rectifying, the HP delivers 265V (we have 240V 50 Hz here)

More pics and sound samples when I have had time to finish it
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

earthtonesaudio

Looking cool, Anders!  A question though: is it safe to leave the grid floating like it is on the first triode?

T1bbles

Here's the first pedal that I've done that could be described as 'aestheticaly pleasing', all the others have been in very basic unpainted enclosures. It's a wah probe workalike, the wah circuit is the colorsound inductorless wah :)

It's replaced my Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95, I like it that much ;)
Behringer don't do signatures, but if they did, they'd probably stop working mid sen