Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurtlives

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on January 19, 2010, 12:21:28 PM
Quote from: JKowalski on January 19, 2010, 12:09:53 PM
Quote from: Thomeeque on January 19, 2010, 10:04:31 AM
use a photocell as a switch, but I'm not sure what current photocells can hold.. T.

That's an idea, the current going through preamp tubes is very small in the mA range so it would work fine. But you would still get a pop unless you use a ramp to control the resistance slowly

How about keep the DC bias fixed, and the cap always in the circuit, but put a large series resistor between the cathode and cap, and just short that resistor for your gain boost?
I have don't that before and it is quite effective. The resistor doesn't have to be too large either, I use around 10K or so.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

davent

Quote from: kurtlives on January 19, 2010, 12:50:00 PM
Quote from: earthtonesaudio on January 19, 2010, 12:21:28 PM
Quote from: JKowalski on January 19, 2010, 12:09:53 PM
Quote from: Thomeeque on January 19, 2010, 10:04:31 AM
use a photocell as a switch, but I'm not sure what current photocells can hold.. T.

That's an idea, the current going through preamp tubes is very small in the mA range so it would work fine. But you would still get a pop unless you use a ramp to control the resistance slowly

How about keep the DC bias fixed, and the cap always in the circuit, but put a large series resistor between the cathode and cap, and just short that resistor for your gain boost?
I have don't that before and it is quite effective. The resistor doesn't have to be too large either, I use around 10K or so.

I've done the cap/resistor series short out the resistor trick as well, in my case used a 120k series resistor and works silently. Could you take that type of setup and parallel a resistor with the cap to re-bias the triode  when switched like in the left hand triode below? The parallel/series combinations of resistors (minus the cap) gives very  close to the 4k7, 1k wanted but does having the cap in parallel screw that all up? If that's no good could you add another pole to the switch and switch the cap and parallel resistor seperately like in the right hand triode below or is bringing in the resistor that way going to cause a pop?

dave???
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

caress

new finishing experiment inspired by all of you...
it's a piece of bronze splatter from a bronze pour at a foundry.

Hupla

It really looks like someone sneezed on it but I LOVE IT!!! very original.
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

kvb

Quote from: mr.adambeck on January 18, 2010, 09:42:49 PM
Quote from: kvb on January 18, 2010, 03:20:11 PM

Piggybacked Shin Ei fuzz

Wow.  What is that thing?  Any more pics?
I was going to save this pic for another post with soundclips and guts but that won't be soon. So here ya go . . .
This is a chunk of some kind of conduit that I found at a scrap-yard.
It is just the right thickness for the battery to fit.

The washer is cut from a small sheet of bronze.

Hey John, my prediction is that one of your next enclosures will be future-retro with SNAKE-SKIN.

Nitefly182

Multitap Echobase

frequencycentral

^^^

Really well put together! Awesome!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Nitefly182

caress

jkokura

I like that rocky finish from PPP - I'm building a LTD Silver into one of those cases. Or at least I was planning on it...

a soBer Newt

Super Duper Looper:

knealebrown

A stratoblaster (my first build)

and a true bypass box (sorry about the fingerprints)

Gut shot??
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

azrael

New fuzz pedal for meh: Colorsound One Knob Fuzz

aziltz

finally labeled my English Channel, ODIE and Orange Squeezer.

The Neo-Poly-Tone, a Rat/ Ge Blues Breaker for a friend.  Order Toggle including Passive Parallel.

5 Band EQ plus Feedback Loop, Dual Inputs.

BYOC 5 Knob for myself,

5 Band EQ with no frills, just too many knobs.

guts

JKowalski

edd101

Realy cool! how did you do that type of labeling???
...it is always funny until someone gets hurt!!!

aziltz

Staz-On Brand Solvent Ink and Rubber Stamps.  it's big over at BYOC forum.

glops

Taylor

Nice. Where do you get those big washers? Do you beat them up yourself, or do you have a stash of cool old rusty hardware?

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/