News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nomorebetts

With so many great builds I'm kind of relunctant to post... but what the hey!?
Here are my first completed builds.  There's plenty that I can improve on, most noticably the crazy messy wiring job!

But I'm hooked now and have got plenty more builds lined up!

Rebote Delay from Tonepad:

^^ You can see where water got under the clear spray of my waterslide decal and washed some ink away. doh

EA Tremolo from General Guitar Gadgets:

I managed to chip the paint taking this photo!
  :icon_mad:  :'(
I like Big Muffs! and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny...

jkokura

Impressive work on getting that axial cap in a spot made for a radial!

Also, Mike, I love the KLON. I really, really love it. How does she sound? Worth 600 bucks?

Jacob

kurtlives

Haven't built a pedal in ages, hope you don't mind an amp. :icon_biggrin:

A mix of a DC-30 and a Trainwreck Rocket, and of course some of my own mods. 15W though, two EL84, four 12AX7, one EF86.

And the cab, a very compact amp. The reverb tank barely fit, you can see how tight it is around the OT. It fit by mili meters.

Cab is a pine 112, Tone Tubby AlNiCo.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

frequencycentral

Here's my last pedal, it's a Spanish themed Meatball Albondiwah that I've built for Slade.  :icon_lol:

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

azrael

Did you build it on perf?  :icon_eek:

StereoKills

Finished this up a month or so ago, but never got around to posting it. It's an Echo Base using Taylor's PCB. Sounds incredible and I use it all the time.

And the gut shot:
"Sometimes it takes a thousand notes to make one sound"

jkokura

The red knobs really stand out. I would have chosen a light blue, or white, but the red is really vibrant.

Great work. That project really begs for Star Wars themes doesn't it.

I plan a massive pedalboard project one day. 4 or 5 of my favourite pedals each sporting a great star wars character. Black for Vader or the Emperor, Green for Obi-wan or Yoda, Blue for Luke, Red for Han, Gold/Silver for Threepio/R2, and White for "the commitee" (ten points for the first to tell us who that is, and which movie that's from). Now that I have the enclosure designs down, I have to come up with what goes in them... Hmmm... Green = TS and Gold/Silver = Klon, but all the others evade me.

Jacob

ShortScaleMike

I LOVE my Echo Base. Never left my board since I made it.

Quote from: jkokura on September 07, 2010, 01:15:47 PM
Impressive work on getting that axial cap in a spot made for a radial!

Also, Mike, I love the KLON. I really, really love it. How does she sound? Worth 600 bucks?

Jacob

Thanks Jacob. It does sound fantastic, as an overdrive or as a clean boost - but no pedal is worth 600 Bucks. They're fun to build though, a real challenge on vero.

Pigyboy

Quote from: frequencycentral on September 07, 2010, 06:23:30 PM
Here's my last pedal, it's a Spanish themed Meatball Albondiwah that I've built for Slade.  :icon_lol:

Albondiwah!  That is @#$%ing hilarious.
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Pigyboy

Quote from: kurtlives on September 07, 2010, 05:08:58 PM
Haven't built a pedal in ages, hope you don't mind an amp. :icon_biggrin:

A mix of a DC-30 and a Trainwreck Rocket, and of course some of my own mods. 15W though, two EL84, four 12AX7, one EF86.

And the cab, a very compact amp. The reverb tank barely fit, you can see how tight it is around the OT. It fit by mili meters.

Cab is a pine 112, Tone Tubby AlNiCo.

How about some pics and description of your workshop. Nice work by the way.
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Taylor

Quote from: Pigyboy on September 08, 2010, 06:01:07 AM
How about some pics and description of your workshop. Nice work by the way.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=80329.0

I know he's in there, as I remember the awesome rock-collecting drawers from when he was a kid. I wish I had something like that from my childhood.

Nikolay

Here is my latest project.

I make this looper based over my red 6 channel programmable footcontroller. The guy which get this controller ask me for a few modifications and I need to change some stuff. Right now this footcontroller have footswitch for banks, footswitch for externel tap control and second output for mixer.

StereoKills

Quote from: jkokura on September 08, 2010, 01:59:37 AM
The red knobs really stand out. I would have chosen a light blue, or white, but the red is really vibrant.

Great work. That project really begs for Star Wars themes doesn't it.

Jacob
Thanks Jacob. Yeah I just couldn't get away with NOT doing a star wars theme on it.

And the red knobs are temporary until I get more of the same style in blue. I ordered a bunch of different colors, but some how only had ordered enough in red to do this project.
"Sometimes it takes a thousand notes to make one sound"

luko-man

I love it when the two of you colaberate :')
cant think of anything funny to put here

richon

this is a pedal made for me?  ;)
Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl

Galego

Latest builds. No enclosures yet. I'm enclosureless.  :-[

Lovepedal Purple Plexi, Slow Gear, Phase 45

Cap

nice PCBs!!!..and nice mac of course  ;D ;D

John Lyons

Nice work there Galego!
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: Galego on September 08, 2010, 03:10:02 PM
Latest builds. No enclosures yet. I'm enclosureless.  :-[

Lovepedal Purple Plexi, Slow Gear, Phase 45

Ah, so you're the one snatching up all my Alpha right-angle PCB mount pots! No wonder I can't find the ones I need.

LOL, really your builds look great. Can't wait to see them in enclosures!
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

Perrow

Quote from: jkokura on September 08, 2010, 01:59:37 AM
I plan a massive pedalboard project one day. 4 or 5 of my favourite pedals each sporting a great star wars character. Black for Vader or the Emperor, Green for Obi-wan or Yoda, Blue for Luke, Red for Han, Gold/Silver for Threepio/R2, and White for "the commitee" (ten points for the first to tell us who that is, and which movie that's from). Now that I have the enclosure designs down, I have to come up with what goes in them... Hmmm... Green = TS and Gold/Silver = Klon, but all the others evade me.

Jacob

I'd go for a orange for Han, project choise obvious, as is the scene for the graphics.

Blues breaker, perhaps?
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)