News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frequencycentral

Another C4 MkII. I built this one for tubelectron. It features a new layout with a few value tweaks and provision for a trimmer to set the output level, PCB from guitarpcb.com and waxing/waning LEDs situated in the hull of NCC-1701.

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Galego

Finally boxed the Purple Plexi. Also, my first etch. My second etch was a disaster, not worth posting here. I don't think i'll do more. Too much work. Much respect to the people here who do them all the time.

Pigyboy

From the looks of it you should do more. :o For your first it looks great. How long did it take?
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

glops

Quote from: Galego on September 18, 2010, 03:51:00 PM

Finally boxed the Purple Plexi. Also, my first etch. My second etch was a disaster, not worth posting here. I don't think i'll do more. Too much work. Much respect to the people here who do them all the time.

insane etching work!

John Lyons

Yes, that etch looks great!
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

nbabmf

Wow, intense etch.  Have you ever seen Moollon pedals?  They have some crazy etching, too.

markeebee

That's beautiful. Looks like the engraving on a Zemaitis, or some really fancy gun stock.

Do more, do more !

Steve Mavronis

Well that's got to be one of the most beautiful direct box etches I've ever seen. Especially amazing too since it's your first one! Was the aluminum polished before or after?
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

Güero

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

John Lyons

CE-2
(Other than the white Stomp washer) I love it.
Nice use of the switch as well. Much sturdier than the standard toggle. 
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

mcelroy0717

Jesus, that's looks fantastic. :icon_eek: One of the nicest looking etches I've seen.

arma61

Looks like somebody can compete with Slade  :D  :D  :D
(just a joke, no offence to other good "etcher")

+1 on (Other than the white Stomp washer) I love it.

great jobs everybody !

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

deadastronaut

@galego.....

that is lush!....great etch...... :icon_eek:

the quality of the aluminium on those boxes seems far superior to the eddystone ones we get in the uk.... :(
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: arma61 on September 19, 2010, 03:08:20 AM

Looks like somebody can compete with Slade  :D  :D  :D
(just a joke, no offence to other good "etcher")

+1 on (Other than the white Stomp washer) I love it.

great jobs everybody !

No, I think that was actually me who can compete with slade! :icon_lol: :P

and

and not so worthy:

Cheers
Helge

frequencycentral

I just spoke with Slade, he is very upset that you guys are challenging his etching title. He tells me that the Chilean Mafia will be knocking on your doors at any time. Beware of gunmen wearing sombreros and smoking fat cigars.

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Pigyboy

Tonebender MKII Professional with old Bulgin knobs, tropical caps, carbon comps, a 2n404 and 2 x OC43's.
I am steering clear of Slades bullies!

- FANG

Galego

Thanks for the comments guys.

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on September 18, 2010, 10:52:46 PM
Well that's got to be one of the most beautiful direct box etches I've ever seen. Especially amazing too since it's your first one! Was the aluminum polished before or after?

The enclosure was sanded from 220 dry to 600 and 1200 wet. Then etched, and finally polished, that's why i didn't paint the recessed areas, the buffing wheel would probably ruin the paint.

It's a Hammond enclosure, very good quality.

Pigyboy

Quote from: Galego on September 19, 2010, 08:25:37 AM
Thanks for the comments guys.

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on September 18, 2010, 10:52:46 PM

The enclosure was sanded from 220 dry to 600 and 1200 wet. Then etched, and finally polished, that's why i didn't paint the recessed areas, the buffing wheel would probably ruin the paint.

How long did you work on the box?
                                                            - FANG

deadastronaut

Quote from: Galego on September 19, 2010, 08:25:37 AM

hammond yeah! thought so...much better than eddystone rubbish!..they are really rough!!!.. :icon_evil:
even with lots of sanding they are grainy and have blotchy grain/cast marks that cant be removed...
will have to try and find a uk seller for them... :icon_rolleyes:

edit: poor slade!...stop picking on him.... :icon_mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//